Can't get rid of this Steam problem...

ZoFreX

Spy
Reaction score
This started happening on this computer months and months ago but I wasn't really bothered... UNTIL NOW

*cue Hollywood movie trailer hard rock*

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Steam, didn't work... so then I uninstalled it, deleted everything in the registry to do with Steam and Valve, reinstalled Steam, didn't work... so then I uninstalled Steam, deleted everything in the registry to do with Steam, Valve, plus a few references to Water, Ice and Bose Einstein Condensate just in case, and then I prayed to my dark overlord and sacrificed a virgin (Davo). Still no luck.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Hmm, I've gotten the same thing.

Ennui, how did you fix it? I get this for every update, it's just bugging me... doesn't happen on the same account on other computers, never seen it anywhere else.

Then it sounds like your IE is screwing up. Try reinstalling that :p

if it dosent do it during game why does it really matter? not a big problem

ooh I might try IE.. this bug just started a while ago out of the blue, and no it doesn't mess up my game but it's annoying, dammit :p

If I change screen resolution the window is still larger than my screen so I think somewhere, somehow it's got into Steam settings to make the window so large / so off screen, and I can't get rid of those settings... but I'll try reinstalling IE, thanks!

Back