Canvas Mod Announced

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
An exciting new mod has popped up this week called Canvas. It's a full conversion based off Episode 2 taking the format of a 3rd person action-adventure game, single player only.[br]You can read more on the mod on the Canvas Moddb profile which shows an old HL2.net friend, Kremator, to be working on it! We wish him the best with the project which you can follow on the Canvas website. Check out the trailer below to get an idea of how exciting this project looks (music by London based band, The xx).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7kI2pBBKrM

Wait, you play as a schoolgirl? In third person?

Better be upskirts.

Wait, you play as a schoolgirl? In third person?

Better be upskirts.

q1iFQ.jpg

I was involved with this a long, long time ago. Surprised to see it's still going, as there were definitely some (large) issues. It looks quite nice though.

Confused the shit out of me for awhile as I was listening to the same song when I hit play. I stopped the music, on my player only to have it apparently start right back up again. Anyways, the art is impressive, but we'll see how the gameplay is. I'm wondering if the mod is being developed primarily by artists, and if thats the case, then gameplay is probably going to be poo.

Also, needs more blinking animation.

Looks pretty cool. I was also briefly involved with this project but ultimately didn't have time for it. The art is great. I haven't seen a design document for about two years but it had ambitious (and interesting) gameplay, so I'm really interested to see how it all developed and turned out. That's all I'll say out of respect for confidentiality! Really looking forward to a release though.

I'm wondering if the mod is being developed primarily by artists, and if thats the case, then gameplay is probably going to be poo.

It is being developed primarily by artists.

Kremator for instance can make a lot of maps really pretty, but his grasp of gameplay is somewhat lacking. Or at least it was last time I played something of his. Which, again, was a few years ago.

The concept seems quite inventive and not the standard reskin of a team deathmatch mod...of which there are countless. Always glad to give time to a mod which is brave enough to try something new.

Looks interesting. If the story and art are good enough, I won't care if the gameplay is poo.

so that wasn't creepy at all.......
no but seriously.. it looks cool :D

Back