Cartoons

better make a 4th thread about this topic just to be on the safe side nightblade

Futurama and Family Guy bundled into one show.

THAT... would be entertainment.

Raziaar said:
Futurama and Family Guy bundled into one show.

THAT... would be entertainment.

That would also be canceled in a second since no cartoon show on Fox is allowed to be funnier than The Simpsons.

ductonius said:
That would also be canceled in a second since no cartoon show on Fox is allowed to be funnier than The Simpsons.

So THAT's the reason Futurama and Family Guy were canned. Not because of the originally thought of reasons... but for the fact that they were just SO much better than the simpsons!

But... if that is true, we'll see come may, when the new episodes of family guy are released on Fox.

Now... if only they'd bring Futurama back!

The Simpsons - so many quality episodes spread over so many years. Even my mum and Dad regularly sit down to watch an episode most days.

Some of the older Nickelodeon cartoons deserve a place in a hall of fame of sorts:

Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Invader Zim...not any of this "All Grown Up" shite.

KagePrototype said:
Some of the older Nickelodeon cartoons deserve a place in a hall of fame of sorts:

Ren and Stimpy, Angry Beavers, Invader Zim...not any of this "All Grown Up" shite.
Seconded. I'll add Fairly Odd Parents and Spongbob to that wee list, if you don't mind.

It's such a shame Zim got cancelled. Totally understandable, but still a shame.

The Simpsons, obviously.

Tom and Jerry from the kiddy days. Can't forget that one.

And... The Simpsons. It's really like the God of all cartoons.

If you're asking about artwork, though... check out the new Batman series. Terrific artwork.

Family Guy babee!! all the way...

Spongebob is also great...A king of the sea.

AIDisabled said:
If you're asking about artwork, though... check out the new Batman series. Terrific artwork.

No Batman series will ever top Batman:TAS (1992-1995). The new Batman series has the artwork, but not the same writing, style, or acting that the '92 series did so well.

A True Canadian said:
No Batman series will ever top Batman:TAS (1992-1995). The new Batman series has the artwork, but not the same writing, style, or acting that the '92 series did so well.

I haven't seen that series. What does "TAS" stand for?

AIDisabled said:
I haven't seen that series. What does "TAS" stand for?
It's just short for "The Animated Series"

The series really was one of a kind. Each episode was like a mini movie because of the quality that was put into each episode. You had great voice talent (Kevin Conroy is the voice of Batman, and lets not forget Mark Hamil as the Joker).

Batman:TAS was one of the last cartoon series to be animated the old-fashoined way (without the use of computer-technology as every cartoon does today). One of the great things is also the style and look of the episodes. It was printed on black paper to give it a dark and gloomy feel.

Follow this link to learn more: http://www.batmantas.com

A True Canadian said:

Totally agreed. I really loved that series, it was so dark and wellmade.

Just like you said, it was one of a kind. I don't think any kids/teenagers cartoon can compare with it.

DAVID THE GNOME

don't deny it :naughty:

you know its true ;)

David teh Gn0me is teh awesome :smoking:

Family Guy > Futurama > Spongebob Squarepants > * > All Grown Up > The Simpsons

stigmata said:
Family Guy > Futurama > Spongebob Squarepants > * > All Grown Up > The Simpsons
Spongebob's better than Futurama, sadly. The film is proof of his sheer devastatingly hilarious might.

Back