Chamber 18: Advanced - Can anyone help? (spoilers)

S

Shivian

I am on the last advanced chamber, and I finally made it to the end of the chamber almost. I am in the room with multiple platforms with turrets on them . How do I get past the turrets or at least get rid of them? I managed to get rid of one of the them (the first one on the right side as you come into the room) but the other three are presenting a big problem.

I want my cake!

what i did was, when i was inside the main room, i ported the camera off the wall and threw it at the first turret to knock it over (on the high platform closest to you). then placed a portal towards the back of the room at a safe point, and a portel to the side of the turret on the lowest platform closest to you in the corner, walked through grabbed it threw it and walked back quickly to safety. .... if that makes sense haha.

the others were just momentum ports behind them and grabbing them.

hope this helps somewhat..

The turrets cast red laser spots on the walls... these are very good places to put a portal for an energy ball to come through, so it collides with the turret and knocks it into the swamp below.

(This gives you lots of time and no skill required - just pop through the wall-door, put a portal on a laser spot, another on an energy ball scorch mark, then pop back through the wall-door and wait til you year a turret going crazy.)

Best thing to do is to use the laser's as a guide indicating that you set up yourportal correctly.

The turrets cast red laser spots on the walls... these are very good places to put a portal for an energy ball to come through, so it collides with the turret and knocks it into the swamp below.

(This gives you lots of time and no skill required - just pop through the wall-door, put a portal on a laser spot, another on an energy ball scorch mark, then pop back through the wall-door and wait til you year a turret going crazy.)
There's no energy dispenser in Advanced.

I'm stuck at the start of the advanced level 18 stage where I can't find a surface to portal onto. I've been looking for hours and really can't see what I have to do. Its the bit where you are facing a wall that can be portalised and have to get on top of it with the random room that has nothing but a radio in it behind you. Its easy enough in normal mode, but in advanced I really need a big hint!

Same as Mango,Im stuck right after the first gap after you start the level.

In the beginning (before the gap) lay a portal on the ground. Lay another at the top of the wall behind you. Fall through the portal on the floor once, then again as you come out the other portal. You will fling across the gap, giving you enough time to create a portal on the floor of the next height (to the right as you're flying).

Ditto. I've tried all kinds of fling stuff, but there's no surfaces I can see that even face the right direction.

edit - ahh, thanks Pesmerga.

Ok, after you reach the first platform that starts the big chamber with all of the raised platforms (with the big steel pipes that sink into the muck down below). I made it across the room onto a little ledge, and then from there I made it up a level on the other side of the room, but once there I have no idea how to progress. I know I have to get higher, but I really can't see how. I even tried flinging myself, but there's really no good places to get momentum. :( It's the last level!!!

EDIT:

I just beat it. :D

Perseverance prevails!

Anyone figured out how to get momentum?

I'm trying to get through the last little section of Chamber 18. I can't get quite enough momentum to make it through the last four turrets where you bob up and down. I'm unable to get high enough to create a portal on the floor of the third turret. Any suggestions?

After you press the button from the inside to activate the platform to push out, run out and go directly to your right and look down. There will be a platform at acid level. The rest is up to you.

Edit: Are you talking about the Advanced level of 18 or the regular one?

I just figured it out. I wasn't alternating between orange and blue...

I did it without killing any of the turrets. :p

Put portals on the floor and way up on a wall, as you're falling replace wall portal with one on the floor just below the lower button so when you fall through your first floor one you just fly up and can get into the button room. Then from down there put a portal way back up on a wall where you first entered the turret room and one on the wall inside the button room. Press the button to get the door to open up again, then go through your portal in there once the door is completely open. As you're falling put one on the door that the button opened up and then one on the floor that you fall into so you get launched across and into the box room. If you're quick you can nab the box, and drop down to portal yourself back up to the door and get out before it closes again... otherwise you have to go do the button room thing again.

Jeez, talking about this game is hard. :p Good luck understanding any of that!

You won't believe how i did this... but:

I made portals on the walls above each turret and trew myself down on them to knock em out, then quickly made a return portal on the wall and jumped through it before the others took me out, took a while but i got there.

Back