Collectors Edition

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of Valve releasing some sort of special edition of Half Life 2 (collectors Edition maybe...)

I mean the the screen shot of the Half Life 2 Boxes, the Silver one closest to the Camera looks like it could be some special Edition except it doesn't say anything on it.:dozey:

Anyway... anyone have any ideas on what they would put into a collectors addition? (assuming they release one).
Half Life 2 Boxes

Wow if they release a Collectors edition i am going to go and change my preorder

Actually, the Silver box will come as an Limited Edition!

:)

Originally posted by Zerox
Actually, the Silver box will come as an Limited Edition!

:)
Really? Says who?

Anyway, a mouse pad or maybe even a T-shirt or a additional disc containing tons of concept skecthes and "the making of HL2" video... something like that would be cool to have in the limited edition.

Nevermind changing order

Im just gonna buy them all!

How am i gonna last until september 30? ive watched the movie so many times ive lost count.

I want a version of the HL2 box made of brick.. or a cool aluminum box. Just something really special

Originally posted by Jager
Really? Says who?

Anyway, a mouse pad or maybe even a T-shirt or a additional disc containing tons of concept skecthes and "the making of HL2" video... something like that would be cool to have in the limited edition.

Just found the source!

By the way, we noticed in the Half-Life 2 E3 demo room some mock-ups of the game's retail boxes. We asked Johnson about this and he confirmed that Half-Life 2 will have several collectible game boxes when it comes out, with images of Freeman, the G-Man, the new character Alyx and a special silver box that will apparently be a limited edition with some as yet unrevealed special items.

ok ok... it says "apparently" be a limited edition. :)

Source: HomerLan Fed

Alright!!!

Now ive just got to be ready to call up and reserve this "Limited Edition" the moment it is officially announced and a store will let me order it. I don't care about how much more it will be.

"I want the limited silver box" EVIL said while he was screaming like a little fat girl waiting for some stupid boyband to get on stage*

I like writing post's in a diffrent perspective sometimes :)

its probly one of those things where the first 100, or 1000 or whatever people who et the game get a special box, i doubt it has anything special in it. It like the 2 zelda games for the N64, if u were on of the first 100 ppl to buy the game at ur store, then u got a special gold cartrige, insted of a grey one. if not that then i doubt its anything but one of the original cases. They usally release special ed. AFTER the original game.

pfft. :bonce: i hope i even get the chance to buy HL2 on the day it comes out. No preorders for me.

/me wants to preorder the SE !

*filled with anticipation for HL2*:dork:

Originaly posted by [Hunter]Ridic
its probly one of those things where the first 100, or 1000 or whatever people who et the game get a special box, i doubt it has anything special in it. It like the 2 zelda games for the N64, if u were on of the first 100 ppl to buy the game at ur store, then u got a special gold cartrige, insted of a grey one. if not that then i doubt its anything but one of the original cases. They usally release special ed. AFTER the original game.

I think they will be more than like the 2 Zelda games and the gold Cartridge thing.

By the way, we noticed in the Half-Life 2 E3 demo room some mock-ups of the game's retail boxes. We asked Johnson about this and he confirmed that Half-Life 2 will have several collectible game boxes when it comes out, with images of Freeman, the G-Man, the new character Alyx and a special silver box that will apparently be a limited edition with some as yet unrevealed special items.

"unrevealed special items... seems like more than just a crappy gold CD case.

Originally posted by Zerox
Just found the source!

ok ok... it says "apparently" be a limited edition. :)

Source: HomerLan Fed

Cool :cheese: thx, Zerox. I was about to pre-order too. eheheh. I'm thinking of buying two of 'em one to open and one to keep sealed and preserved :dork:

Im definatly pre-ordering, but from past experiences i have my doubts about how usefull pre-ordering is:

pre-order Diablo 2 SE,
Fed Ex fooks up my shipping for a week,
i walk in computer store: HUNDReds of boxes 0_0, But no i must wait for my pre-order
end of the week: i get shipped off to japan for 3 weeks(not that japan is a bad place to go)
finally i got home and i was in diablo 2 nirvana.

but ya i have an eternal hatred for fed ex :cheese:

You can pre-order directly from a store that will sell it, like EB. Then all you have to do is go and pick it up on the day of release.

Back