Combine engineer?

Reaction score
When Combine force's move into an area, why does it seem within the first hour they already get generators, force fields, computer consoles ect. set up and ready to go. The biggest way this shows up is EP2. With the bridge complex, Advisor barn and White Forest inn we see that the Combine get defenses and machines up very quickly.

How? Perhaps the have Engineer's? I'd say a ball generator's about 200 metal lol. But really what do you think they do?

My real thinking here is that Combine architecture and machines are grown. By some metal eating plant thing that combine carry around in a very convenient form. So convenient it may be placed in a soldiers rations allowing one squad of Combine troop's to make an well fortified position in a hour or two. This is why Combine building's protrude into the human environment.

Combine machinery configures itself – it transforms into what it is programmed to transform into.

It can be seen with thier giant walls. They move themself , they spread outward with no seeming end which implies that more is being added on constantly other wise the chain would break. Also the page on combine walls in RTB says something about it being self replicating like the synths or something like that.

Citadel goin' up!

Epic? This is hardly epic.

The_Combine_Engineer_by_103593.jpg

No, It's pretty epic

Tunnelin' entanglment device goin' up.

No but seriously, stalkers do all the welding and stuff, they just cart them out before Gordon gets there, why else can they shoot lasers from their faces?

We also see a Combine plasma torch in the Nexus, when you get trapped before the last generator room you can look on the screen and see it cutting through the door. But it blows up when the door does, sadly.

In all seriousness The Combine Overwatch would probably have a corps of engineers to handle the deployment and maintenacne of machines on the field. Stalkers would be too fragile to deploy on the battlefield; their role in the combine hierarchy is more along the lines of Citadel systems management and manufacturing than Combat Engineer. For all we know The Combine Soldier's implants allow the Overwatch A.I. to upload the knowledge on how to use certain pieces of Combine and Human tech. But if there are Combine Engies than you have to feel sorry for them; they spend all day building nice little gizmos for their buddies and then this happens:

The_Combine_Engie_pt_2_by_103593.jpg

I am so happy you guy's latched on to the thread title, as I hoped you would. Not only did I get my question answerd but I started a modest little HL2=TF2 thread.

Back