Combine -- why do they want us?

I have said this before, I always believed the combine had some sort of a homeworld or home planet. From there, they plan their operations and expand outwards and capturing various planets by waging endless wars. Earth must have been a strategic point for attacking another perhaps bigger planet or war, thus they decided to take over it. I mean, there is no actual natural resource here that the combine want..

538509017_dcd6eb6238.jpg

Just as I said before Earth is just a territory like Hawaii was… Why go to all the hard times for Hawaii, Sicily, Puerto Rico, back then? They were every strategic… At least for back then!

Were did you get this pic from?

Your logic is impeccable. I'd also like to point out that petrol pumps, seen in Highway 17, have (IIRC) a Norwegian currency on them, meaning that it has to be the Baltic Sea--No two ways around it. Also, I seem to recall that Follow Freeman has a manhole-cover with an Italian / Roman motto on it, meaning that it has to be the Mediterranean Sea--No two ways around it.

Yea many people think this could be all in Europe...

yes.

of course it takes place around Europe. I once had the beta version (don't have it anymore) and I was in the beta version of kleiner's lab, and there was a large map in there, showing parts of europe, including the leg of italy. was quite interesting.

How do you say that? Point is: We have not visited other planets (other then Xen and that is'nt really a planet) so we don't know what goes on there. For all we know, the Combine could be mining Saturns rings for Space Diamonds.

Yea many people think this could be all in Europe...

Between the Cyrillic characters, classic European architecture, Soviet-style apartment blocks, ruined Eastern-bloc cars scattered everywhere, and some direct references in Raising the Bar, HL2 is all but confirmed to have taken place in (Eastern) Europe.

Also, I'm pretty sure the missile silo we're visiting in Ep. 2 is a remnant of the Cold War...sort of like Black Mesa, now that I think of it.

They figured out what country it is by a certain way Concrete is spelled in Cyrillic.

How do you say that? Point is: We have not visited other planets (other then Xen and that is'nt really a planet) so we don't know what goes on there. For all we know, the Combine could be mining Saturns rings for Space Diamonds.

Look at the state of things, they were not even building anything, just harvesting people and had a suppression field around to stop new children. Looks like they just wanted to make new creatures and probably were close. Doubt that they would have left us around

Look at the state of things, they were not even building anything, just harvesting people and had a suppression field around to stop new children. Looks like they just wanted to make new creatures and probably were close. Doubt that they would have left us around

I dont see your point son.

i know why the combine wants the humans

I think i do,they stopped breading 'casue they don't want us to be to much,but they keep us for some reasons....

They use humans in military pruposes
As workers in facilities
they really want our brains,not literaly,they want what we have in them...
-Tehnology,war strategies
-Gulon gun
-gauss gun
-and most important TELEPORTATIOPN TECHNOLOGY,they need it very much,think what tactical advantages they would have,the dropships will become obslolente
they now can telleport military forces inside one universe,becasue they portals teleport them only from a universe to another,now they can use it to go not only on other planets,galaxies or teritories,but they also work trough universes,and they don't consume so much energy as their portals do,they could teleport ammo,weapons,medical care,armors to far outpoust of the empire,food etc

I dont see your point son.

They were here for only one thing and clearly had no intentions of a permanent presence thus suggesting they were going to destroy us. Those creatures were made in factories, there needs to be no thing to convert into it when they figured some biological structures out.

Reading me boy, they were not going to leave us around here

I wasnt saying that they would just leave, but leave a few million people breeding under Combine watch.

-Tehnology,war strategies
-Gulon gun
-gauss gun
-and most important TELEPORTATIOPN TECHNOLOGY

This would make a great to-do list for every Combine overlord.
War strategies? Not necessary. 7 hours is fast enough.
Gluon gun? Unknown.
Gauss gun? Check. (Lighthouse Point robbery)
Teleportation technology? Hey weren't the Nova Prospekt boys doing something like... oh, never mind

"they really want our brains,not literaly"
Well, actually they do. Did you see that Advisor video for Episode Two? Shades of the Brain Bug from Starship Troopers...

I wasnt saying that they would just leave, but leave a few million people breeding under Combine watch.

They probably wouldnt, they have a suppression field, this points to them not liking us breeding it up

they were doing teleportation technology at nova prospekt but it was stealed by Judith from Eli,so it is human technology

Back