Community

The Monkey

The Freeman
Reaction score
I'm surprised there is no thread about this fantastic comedy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_(TV_series)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1439629/

It's a really clever, well-acted sitcom about seven community college students. It's relies heavily on meta-jokes and popular culture parodies taken to the extreme (for example, one episode takes place nearly entirely in an 8-bit era console game). It may not be as subtle as Arrested Development or as nihilistic as It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, but I'll be damned if it isn't equally smart and innovative.

Three seasons have aired (with consistency great quality, I actually think the third is the best so far), the fourth is coming in a couple of months.

Community is one of my favourite comedies of all time, though I'm expecting Season 4 to suck due to them firing creator Dan Harmon.

I've seen a few episodes here and there, usually suggested by a friend who watches it. They were all hilarious, so I might start watching it regularly. From what I've seen though, I wouldnt say its anywhere near Arrested Development in even the "smart" category, and probably only better than some of Sunny's more "meh" episodes. Maybe I'll change my mind after watching more of them, and in sequence, but I dont think any show will ever get to Arrested Development's level.

Community and Parks and Recreation are two shows I rather mean to watch more of.

Definitely my favorite comedy show of all time.
I have faith in Season 4 not sucking mostly just because of the actors themselves and I believe that most of the original writers are still on board.

Stumbled a bit in Season 3, but managed to right itself. I'll be interested to see if the new showrunners can keep it fresh.

Both clever and hysterically funny. I absolutely love this show.

Season 4 delayed two weeks due to NBC's department of ****ing retarded scheduling. Did I mention Community was also switched to Fridays? It's like they're purposely trying to kill the series. Mother****ers.

Anyway, here's the show's response.

Back