Companion cube wallpaper

C

cold wolf

I took the model and textures from the game and made a quick level in Hammer with them. Took a screenshot and did a bit of doctoring in photoshop, and here we are:

portal_true_love_1280.png

1680x1050

1280x1024

:cheers:

Haha. I was thinking about making a few CC wallpapers before I went to bed last night.

Guess ya beat me to it. =P

Can i request a 1600x1200? I can't bare to destroy pretty wallpapers with stretching

Heh first thing I did after finishing Portal and Ep2 was take a hi-res, max quality Companion Cube pose for my wallpaper.

I would have liked to take the screenshot without the Portal Gun or Crosshair but hidehud doesn't work properly so I suppose I'll just wait for Garry's Mod to update for the Orange Box. Also once that happens I'd like to make a background with the Companion Cube held over the Incinerator with "Please Forgive Me" written somewhere.

Nice...that's now my desktop. *sigh* falling in love with a cube.

Thanks cold wolf, it's on my desktop!
Must buy companion cube plushy!

Thanks guys, glad you like it :)

Surrogate: Sorry man, I only took one shot at widescreen res. I don't have the time to take another one, paint it, and re-apply all the filters. :(

Yeah DeltaBlast, they annoy me too. I certainly will use AA next time.

I love the Companion Cube! Nice wallpapers :)

My own model. Lemme know if anyone wants a different-sized version.

me likes that last one ( i flipped it and thought I'd get the best of both pix )

*This ones not full size, photobucket resizes pix

companioncubecopy.jpg

For the one right above, if you turn off the bloom effect (make it softer light!) I will put that as my wallpaper.

The bloom / high contrast is just too much.

well, i didnt make the model, i just flipped it and added the text, you'd have to talk to the guy who made the original, then i fix ya up with the other one, but im sure he could probably do it...

If that was bigger, I'd use it!

wtf.

My companion cube just stabbed me.

Back