Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced!

Lucid

The Freeman
Reaction score
AGOURA HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--THQ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI - News) today announced Company of Heroes?: Tales of Valor?, the next standalone chapter in the widely acclaimed real-time strategy (RTS) franchise, is currently in development for Windows PC. Featuring three intense campaigns, brand-new multiplayer modes and an innovative ?direct-fire? feature that allows even more tactical control during the heat of battle, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor will immerse players in some of the most historic, tide-turning clashes of World War II. Internally developed by Relic Entertainment, the game is currently scheduled for release in spring 2009.

Read more here.

Interesting to say the least, I wonder if by direct-fire they mean the system like in Soldiers: Heroes of WW2 where you can directly control a unit?

Eh, lost interest after the first expansion, unless this miraculously re-balances it somehow. The "direct fire" thing just sounds like more micro-management... like it needs any more.

Aww, no new factions/sides?

Aww, no new factions/sides?

are you sure? i don't think it's been said one way or the other
i really hope they add the Soviets
gotta keep an eye on this

The press release talks about "brand-new units" so that either means (a) new side(s) or new commander trees.

Soviets wouldn't work in CoH, if you push the retreat button they'd run back to their HQ and then just get shot there. :p

Also they'd have to destroy everything behind them as they fall back. Scorched earth is such a chore.

On the bright side you'd be playing as the faction most responsible for winning WW2 for a change.

/waits to see if a yankee will take the bait

Also it'd suck have squads of 6 riflemen where only 3 were armed. ;)

RTS is something I dabble in infrequently (i.e. I suck at it), but CoH is a good game. How was Opposing Fronts though? I'm undecided whether to install it or whether to sell it on still sealed, as my general RTS crap-phobia means that I've still not got very far with the original.

Also, everytime Relic announce something that isn't Homeworld 3 or Homeworld 2: Yeah, Sajuuk was never brought to Bear and as a bonus we prevented the release of Deus Ex Invisible War as well, a little part of me dies. Even though THQ have the rights and wouldn't have purchased them unless Relic were going to get on with making said game sometime sooner rather than later.

Also they'd have to destroy everything behind them as they fall back. Scorched earth is such a chore.

On the bright side you'd be playing as the faction most responsible for winning WW2 for a change.

/waits to see if a yankee will take the bait

Even a Yank knows that if Russia hadn't defeated Germany against nigh insurmountable odds, even America wouldn't have been able to save Europe and Britain from Hitler. Thank god for them Russkies for making it possible for the US to save the world yet again!

I actually enjoyed the units in opposing fronts even more than the once in the original game.
I Am definitely looking forward to this one.

Man, I still need to get Opposing Fronts... never got around to it since I'm not really one to buy expansion packs at all. :p
Tried the demo and enjoyed it immensely, my brother in law has the game but he says he never gets to play it so he's going to send me it in the mail when I'm all settled.

1UP did a preview.
There's a video some gameplay.

Sounds like a cool twist for the COH series.

1UP did a preview.
There's a video some gameplay.

Sounds like a cool twist for the COH series.

thanks for the link
interesting read
i like the idea of controlling a single hero unit for an entire mission
and the new MP modes sound like fun too
i'm looking forward to seeing more of it in action

Back