Comparing the SPAS shotgun

mikeecm

Reaction score
So I've been living under a rock and I haven't been posting anything for years now, but I thought I'd return. And with my return, I celebrate by posting these two images side by side:

2004:
788068-d2_prison_030036_super.jpg
2011:
SPAS-12_MW3.jpg

The years have definitely been good on HL2.

That second image looks horribly low res.

Maybe get a picture of the 2011 one that isn't a screencap of a low res video?

Why does gaming love the SPAS so much? Is it because of Jurassic Park? I bet it's because of Jurassic Park.

Why does gaming love the SPAS so much? Is it because of Jurassic Park? I bet it's because of Jurassic Park.

Its certainly the only reason I like the SPAS. Anything associated with Jurrasic Park is instinctively liked by me.

That second image looks horribly low res.

Maybe get a picture of the 2011 one that isn't a screencap of a low res video?

yeah, it may look a little biased right now. as soon as I get anything better than leaked footage of the mw3 SPAS, I'll replace the image. But even with the low res image, its still pretty clear which one looks cleaner imho

Look, I know you mean well, but I'm not going to be convinced until I've at least seen some gamefaqs poll results on which is the better modelled gun.

It could just be a different art style too. I mean, if they were going for a low poly, low resolution stylized art style then you really can't compare the two.

I don't get it.

Where's the second image from? And what's the big deal either way?

It's a screencap from a low res video of MW3.

Ah man I just looked up that MW3 gun model leak from ages ago but it looks like the SPAS wasn't included.

Wait, why do I care?

Back