Complains about the operators

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerX

Medic
Reaction score
@KineticAesthetic, you know, i liked halflife2.net very much, but it seems you su*k it big time. who the hell are you to close threads? people want to discuss, and you don't let them. so, what are you, some kind of fu*k-kingcommunist? maybe we should search other halflife fan sites, your site has decayed a lot over the time. your fellow operators should kick you out, your're ruining the forums. so go on now, go and jump into a river. also, are you a coward and going to stop me by closing my thread and account, or are you man enough to defent yourself and discuss. but i asume the only thing you know is to close threads...

Hey that's weird that you have two accounts and one of them is quite civil and the other is a jerk

Oh no wait never mind you're just not making any sense

Who the hell is he to close threads? Duly constituted authority, that's who. By me.

It's interesting that there's only been one closed thread that you've posted in, yet you go off on a stupid rant like this one? I'm intrigued.

That's the quality that I look for when recruiting them.

well, i should say that i'm sorry... but it doesn't seem fare to close a thread whenever you like to. it's not like he offended anybody, he just does't play a game, no real reason to cut him off, to say so. and it doesn't matter who opened the thread, there are others who want to discuss that topic. sorry once again, but you look like a communist to me, if you don't like something you just kill it, you don't have or need a real reason. is this what it means to be an operator? and i don't have two account, this in my only one, you wouldn't think i would open a thread in which i answer my questions. and maybe i am a jerk, but you are not fair. you have power and you abuse of it

Arguments do well with real evidence.

Tiger, the thread in question was someone posting about GMan theories who hadn't even played Half-Life 2. That is not a discussion thread, at best it's spam. I think you'd find that any other staff member would have done the same thing that KA did, and hell, from reading the thread there are even members who'd have done the same thing if they could. The thread was a waste of everyone's time.

I don't think he understands what communism is.

That "discussion" has been had on countless occasions. It wasn't necessary to have it again, especially when started by someone who hasn't even played the game that reveals the most about the G-man.

Communist? No. Benevolent dictatorship? Possibly. You don't get how this works, do you? We can close a thread whenever we want to. It's our site. However, we generally play fair about it. Notice how you're the only one complaining? Yeah. We'll chalk that one up in the "win" column.

Power corrupts.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Total power is lovely.

The solution :

But a javascript message that says "Remember - The search button is your friend !!!"" when someone clicks on the "Forums" button on the site

The solution :

But a javascript message that says "Remember - The search button is your friend !!!"" when someone clicks on the "Forums" button on the site

That kind of assumes that most members can read, or have more than 4 brain cells, which definitely isn't the case.

Pi Mu Rho, yes, you can do it, but why do it? Someone who didn't played the game started the thread, but maybe others still had something to say. i'm not so old on this site, i made my account for another thread about g-man, and someone said something about necromancy, that the thread was very old. so now, when i found another similar thread, it gets closed when i want to post something. clearly he didn't know much about the g-man, but we, the ones that played the game, could...enlighten him, and this is what it seems to me that he wanted, that people who knew something could share with him...
and eejit, clearly someone from northern ireland understands what comunism is less like someone from eastern europe. ok, maybe i exagerated with this word, but i like the right to free talk...

Someone who didn't played the game started the thread, but maybe others still had something to say.

I'm pretty sure if you search, it's almost all been said before. In the rare occurrence that you do have a new theory, then you can post it yourself. You don't need someone else's thread to do that.

clearly he didn't know much about the g-man, but we, the ones that played the game, could...enlighten him, and this is what it seems to me that he wanted, that people who knew something could share with him...

Or he could go buy the game.

Privately owned and operated? You communists!

If we own everything here, then does that mean I can have Eejit?

You wouldn't be the first.
Or the last.

and hell, from reading the thread there are even members who'd have done the same thing if they could.

Hey, there are plenty of members on this forum who I would trust the judgement of regarding thread closures. Don't act so surprised!

Er, my point is, he's acting like the common member has none of the skills required to determine if a thread should be closed.

Granted, there's lots of noobs that I would agree to this statement with, but there are just as many veterans here who would know when to close a thread.

Er, my point is, he's acting like the common member has none of the skills required to determine if a thread should be closed.

Granted, there's lots of noobs that I would agree to this statement with, but there are just as many veterans here who would know when to close a thread.

My point was that he was acting like the entire situation was KA doing something that no one wanted, which was not the case. I was making note that members posted in the thread with responses that made me think they would have closed it as well.

I see, when reminded of that context, the way you worded it makes more sense.

I still don't see the problem with new G-man threads. I dislike them as much as most people, but do you know what I do? I don't click on them. Boom. Shazaam. Problem solved.

Instead, they are closed usually in just one page, robbing new members of the ability to discuss and critique part of the mythology, retarded or not. Telling them to use the search button doesn't apply if they want to discuss a theory of their own, and if they try to post in an older G-man thread to continue discussion, they are shot down with replies telling them not to revive old threads.

Now obviously I haven't been here as long as other members, meaning I've probably missed out on the fruitful discussions that took place around the release of Half-life 1 and 2, but to rob new members of a subject to discuss because 'Having been here for years, you've seen it all', is terrible idea.

I have a feeling that someone was going to use this thread to bring up the closing of Misc in here. But that would be stupid.

If I was a mod I would have closed this thread already.

I should be a mod. Why don't you guys ever let me be a mod?

A dog running this place?

So insane it just might work!

I still don't see the problem with new G-man threads. I dislike them as much as most people, but do you know what I do? I don't click on them. Boom. Shazaam. Problem solved.

Instead, they are closed usually in just one page, robbing new members of the ability to discuss and critique part of the mythology, retarded or not. Telling them to use the search button doesn't apply if they want to discuss a theory of their own, and if they try to post in an older G-man thread to continue discussion, they are shot down with replies telling them not to revive old threads.

Now obviously I haven't been here as long as other members, meaning I've probably missed out on the fruitful discussions that took place around the release of Half-life 1 and 2, but to rob new members of a subject to discuss because 'Having been here for years, you've seen it all', is terrible idea.

See, the problem with that is that no-one will click on them because no-one likes them. Then the new posters will both:

a) Feel ignored, which isnt much better than being shot down

b) Not realize that this has been discussed to death

Every single time I've viewed this thread, I've noticed that it says "operators" to mean moderators, and every single time it makes me think of the song "Smooth Operator".

Sulk is. Sulk is the smoothest operator I've ever seen.

Yep, I forgot about Sulk there. Oops. I must've meant only KA (that bastard who is a fun sucker and bans everybody and locks threads without reason *rage rage rage rage **runon sentence**)

Without reason? WITHOUT REASON!?

Hold on I need to set the table for dinner

this is the lolest thread I've read in YEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back