Consistent and frequent updated HL2 site

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aohus

if you want the latest up to date information regarding Half-Life 2, then come to http://hl2zone.halflife.org. its got the latest original content you won't find anywhere else. ok... enough with my advert. later

not black and white

the site itself is simple and easy to navigate, the images are not black and white though, once you click on them it opens a new window with the hi-res shot in there in color of course.

lol... so are you saying that halflife2.net is incompetent?

i just think its funny you come on to these forums to post about another HL2 site...

Meh, where else would you advertise that would have a bunch of enthusiastic HL2 fans? Anyway, for some odd reason, I can't get the URL to work...(and yes, I noticed the period at the end of the URL and got rid of it...still won't load for me. Maybe it's just me and my crappy dialup).

-Vert

i feel your pain. i used to have shitty6K too... *lets you borrow some of his bandwidth*

Wow, we sure have a knack of sending a thread off to the spiraling abyss that is "off-topic". Unfortunately, that bandwidth would probably just be routed to my download on Direct Connect that's going on for another...*checks download*...32 hours...*sigh*

-Vert

hehe, i know what you mean. very few of the threads on here seem to stay on topic

Bah! What the hell was that, bonanza?! That post left me with nothing to reply to! Damn you! I can't do anything while this download's going on! This is my only source of entertainment! Damn you! Damn you to hell!

-Vert

I'd say good things about that site but you called me a ******. :p

lol, it was actually the first HL2 site that I visited, but their forums are down.

how about some1 with power deletes this topic bans the ****ing idiot who startedthis post and gives a warning to all the nunks who ****ing replyd to it :flame: :devil: :flame: :devil:

It seems to me that the people who write bulletin board software don't understand the concept of deleting threads. I've repeateedly seen, in different software, that threads may be locked but not deleted. Since they've already begun locking useless threads--that seems to indicate they can't delete. The morons that build public bulletin board software and don't see deleting threads as a mandatory features are fools.

Locking threads and banning a user is a bandaid. They've done the damage already. Others have hopped on an bantered with morons. It amazes me that one of the most useless Trolling threads (Will My Computer Run Half-Life 2) got 75 replies and 1276 views. WHo was worse, the moron who started it or the dozens that made it the 3rd longest and most viewed thread since the board was established? By deleting this thread and wiping out whatever clever insults and conversation people hade about this moron you discourage boardline users from participating since their posts will be deleted as well.

These useless threads also slow the site and consume bandwidth which hosters must pay for. Allowing useless threads to even be viewable is a waste of money.

Originally posted by RoyalEF
It seems to me that the people who write bulletin board software don't understand the concept of deleting threads. I've repeateedly seen, in different software, that threads may be locked but not deleted. Since they've already begun locking useless threads--that seems to indicate they can't delete. The morons that build public bulletin board software and don't see deleting threads as a mandatory features are fools.

Locking threads and banning a user is a bandaid. They've done the damage already. Others have hopped on an bantered with morons. It amazes me that one of the most useless Trolling threads (Will My Computer Run Half-Life 2) got 75 replies and 1276 views. WHo was worse, the moron who started it or the dozens that made it the 3rd longest and most viewed thread since the board was established? By deleting this thread and wiping out whatever clever insults and conversation people hade about this moron you discourage boardline users from participating since their posts will be deleted as well.

These useless threads also slow the site and consume bandwidth which hosters must pay for. Allowing useless threads to even be viewable is a waste of money.

Well said, but surely you could have saved space and bandwidth by simply emailing that to the Administrator? ;)

But then the people who turn troll-posts into active giant threads that grow like weeds wouldn't get the message.

Oh yeah, Mister Bandwidth Conservationist, and you needed to quote all of that again? ;-)

Hehe, but you never know if someone is gonna post something almost the same but slightly different just before you post your thing. And I forgot to narrow down the quote :E

Although on my own site, i'm very strict on bandwidth. The less images the better I say!

um, we're more than capable of deleting threads :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back