Correlation Between 3dMark 2003 & HL2?

funny i have a 2600+ gig of ram.. cpu and gfx card are overclocked

and with my saphire 9700 pro
i get a slighty lower score than people with significanlty slower systems.

that benchmark IS useless

well yesterday i had 3ddsmark 2003 and my score was 2193 ffs!!! :flame:

i have a ati radeon 9500 128 / p4 2,4 / 512 ddr ram

shouldnt i get a higher score with that ?? i dont understand:flame:

and in those movies my fps is like 30 and sometimes 85 but it goes back to 20 , the movie calles mother nature my fps was like 2 ! FFS MAN
:flame:

3dmark 2003 sucks ass. When I upgraded from a 1.4ghz P4 to a 2.4c and faster ram my score did not change. However in the 2001 version I gained over 4000 points. I only get around 1600 in 03, and around 12300 in 01.

Originally posted by Xenome
My 3dmark01se :
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6876642

What's your score in 3dmark01se?

Not sure...I haven't run it in a while. Maybe I'll play with that tonight. When I ran it way back in the day, I got 10,375 (linkage: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6246180 )

Anyways, I updated 3DMark03 last night and it bumped my score from the 4100s up to 4428, so I'm a little happier with that.

Thanks for the comparison links guys. My video card looks like it's on par with others of the same. My CPU score however is only about 2/3 of Xenome's and we've got the same processor. Maybe it's time for a reformat or maybe just a new m/b (in which case maybe it's time for a total overhaul :cheese: ...I could turn this into a intel vs amd fanboy party!!!).

EDIT: Wait a second, I just noticed that the update I downloaded from futuremark.com only got me up to revision 2, not revision 3. Hmmmm, very strange...looks like we'll be trying again.

PS - here's my latest compare link: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1161181

You don't have the 3.6 catalyst drivers do you? I see it at the compare link :p

You don't have the 3.6 catalyst drivers do you? I see it at the compare link :p

Damn, I'm really falling behind here! Let's see...todo:

d/l new catalyst drivers
d/l 3DMark03 Revision 3 update
figure out why my cpu test is so much slower

Man, looks like a busy night!

i got a p4 2,66 ghz, 256 mb ram and a geforce 4 128 mb and got a whooping 1750 score!!!

Yes, im very proud of it!

Originally posted by trantjd
Damn, I'm really falling behind here! Let's see...todo:

d/l new catalyst drivers
d/l 3DMark03 Revision 3 update
figure out why my cpu test is so much slower

Man, looks like a busy night!

Tell me your new scores :p

3DMark03 IS ALMOST ENTIRELY DEPENDANT ON THE VIDEO CARD AND ITS PERFORMANCE to create its benchmarking scores. Therefore, if you upgrade your CPU, memory (unless its below 512mb), or HDD, you wont get a much better score. It DOES help, but not as much as it should.

Originally posted by Miasma
3DMark03 IS ALMOST ENTIRELY DEPENDANT ON THE VIDEO CARD AND ITS PERFORMANCE to create its benchmarking scores. Therefore, if you upgrade your CPU, memory (unless its below 512mb), or HDD, you wont get a much better score. It DOES help, but not as much as it should.

True, but it'll definitely give a boost to HL2! And that's what it's all about after all!

Tell me your new scores :p

I'm not expecting a huge difference with the new Catalysts, I've heard they aren't extremely performance enhancing, mostly just bug fixes.

The revision 3 upgrade though could make a difference in the score, but obviously that doesn't do me any good beyond 3DMark.

And it sure would be cool if I found something that was crippling my CPU right now. Nothing like a free jump in performance. When I first bought the 1800+, I liked it just fine. Then I ran a benchmark that told me that it was clocked at 1100 Mhz instead of the 1566 or whatever that it shoudl be. Turns out a jumper on my m/b was set wrong so I fixed it and bam, 50% increase in speed! Obviously it was kind of dumb, but you can't beat getting a free jump over what you were used to (no matter what the reason!)

Oh well, I'll post an update after each change so we can see what makes the biggest difference.

i can be wrong, plz flame me if i am, but tom's hardware uses 2001 3dmark for their benchmarks...strange...

is there a better benchmark out there or are we stuck until the real hl2 bech comes out?

3dmark 2001 is a good DX8 benchmark(99.9% of current games are DX8)...so i dont why you would complain about it.

for DX9......no there isnt anything that is as complete or thats better than 3dmark2003......but its a pile of shit...so i wouldnt mind if someone could prove me wrong.

Just an update...

After downloading revison 3 of 3DMark and the newest Catalyst drivers, There was absolutely no change in my scores. I'm satsfied with them now though

Still not sure why my cpu scores are low, but it's not keeping me up at nights.

Originally posted by trantjd
Just an update...

After downloading revison 3 of 3DMark and the newest Catalyst drivers, There was absolutely no change in my scores. I'm satsfied with them now though

Still not sure why my cpu scores are low, but it's not keeping me up at nights.

If it would, that would be a bad thing lol :p

Changed the settings in control panel to performance and got a score of 6000!

Originally posted by RadiuS
i got a p4 2,66 ghz, 256 mb ram and a geforce 4 128 mb and got a whooping 1750 score!!!

Yes, im very proud of it!

that's because the geforce4 is a directx8 card, and 3dmark2003 is a directx9 benchmark.

Was reading through the first page until I realized all the quotes were bold, then realized that's the oldschool way, and viola...I was warped back in time.

Same, I couldn't believe all the oldschool names of people who no longer come here and I got excited that they might be back....then I looked at the post date. :|

At least he used the search function right? Right?!

Back