• $10

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • $15

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
R

[Re4lity]Marc

After chatting with EVILness on irc....

Began to think what is the appropiate price to sell a domain name for?

Ie. what would you guys pay for it... rather than goin to places like register.com or goddaddy or namecheap...

So...

Cheap ($8.50)
Nice round number... ($10) (ma fav)
or... $15

input...

is there such thing as a 100% pure free .com name ?

You don't exactly explain what you are asking. I assume you mean purchasing the rights to an unhosted domain.

Purchasing a domain name for a year or two was $75 or $100 when I last did it, which is reasonable. Prevents people from going nuts registering silly crap. Doesn't prevent companies from doing it though. Now that you can do it for $35, even $15-20 bucks, people will be creating lots of useless stuff.

You would have to pay someone to host/hold the name for you in addition to that. Some hosting companies will host/hold names for free if you do other business with them. Most of the domain registries bundle it now to give themselves another profit avenue.

no no, i not mean it like that

When did you buy a domain for $100. OMG! that was a long time ago

I sell domains, i get them v cheap also. just over $7.

So... trying to decide what price i should sell domains to people on hl2.net (if anyone wants to buy a domain)... I was thinkin $10 a domain a year.

(o and i have bout 8 servers for hosting...)

I purchased domains for a couple years, different companies, going back to say 1997. Back then it was just Network Solutions, and you still had to get a separate DNS server to be the SOA, it wasn't included.

I voted for $10. its a nice round number. And I expect a quality service for that price (altrough selling domains isnt axactly a money making buisness). Easy controllpanel for controlling your domain. and good help support

I personally dont really like godaddy.. its to "bulk" for me. It gives me a feeling that they dont really care. I like the more personal domain name sellers.

why buying domains when you can have a nice, short dyndns account? seriously.

I use 123-reg.co.uk for registering domains - one of the cheapest UK companies I've seen, and more reliable than places like ukreg.

wow that sounds cheap kman :)
I voted $10, maybe Ill even buy a name from ya :D

but if I were u I woul do it for $15 (heck I would even pay $20)

Back