Play our game! I DEMAND IT. Also please give some feedback.

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
logo.gif

Hey hl2.net play our game plz. Its a free facebook game called Monster Wrangler. YEAH THATS RIGHT FACEBOOK SHUT UP. You can add it by following this link, or if thats not working, you can just search for "Monster Wrangler."

We just released it last week and are still in the testing phase, so we need people to play it and give feedback, and spread the word.

I'm too lazy to summarize it, so i'll just post the FAQ:

**While testing is in progress, not all of these features are implemented. The missing features will be added shortly. Thank you for your patience**

*IMPORTANT NOTICE* Items are now in the game. You may recieve them as loot when a battle yields experience, or you may purchase them from the shop. You'll find your items at the bottom of the screen.

Health and Energy now regenerate at a slower pace. Every 15 minutes, 25% health and energy will be replenished. This should encourage the use of items and discourage the "spamming" of attacks every minute or so. We would like this game to remain somewhat of a casual experience.

Monster levels may now increase beyond level 4, but the stat increase is extremely minor. Levels beyond 4 require an increasingly high amount of experience to reach. This change was implemented to make sure that monsters may always be improved, even if the improvement is very slight.

You may now "Sell" your monsters as opposed to "Releasing" them. The only difference here is that selling your monsters pays you 90% of the original cost of the monster instead of the 66%. We hope this helps you to build your army how you want it leaving less up to luck of the draw.

What is Monster Wrangler?

Monster Wrangler is an application that let's you build up an army of monsters and battle them against your friends and other facebook users that have Monster Wrangler.

How do I earn credits?

There are several ways to earn more credits in Monster Wrangler.

-You will be rewarded an allowance of credits that trickles into your account over a 24 hour period after logging into Monster Wrangler.

-After winning a battle, you can receive credits, items, and even monster eggs as loot.

-You receive a small amount of credits for each friend you invite to Monster Wrangler, and you get even more credits if they accept your invitation.

-If you visit the Wrangler tab at the top of the application, there are many special offers, surveys, and other methods that can pay you plenty of credits. You can even purchase credits directly through paypal or with a credit card.

How do I get more monsters?

Getting more monsters is easy. There is a tab named "Shop" at the top of the application where you can buy eggs that hatch into monsters for your army.

How do I keep my monsters happy, and why should I do it?

Your monsters' happiness levels decrease over time, and you have to feed them to increase it. Unhappy monsters perform poorly in combat, so it is best to keep their happiness level above 80%. A low happiness level has a greater effect on an attacking army than a defending army. Food is fairly cheap, so it's definitely worth the effort to keep your monsters well fed.

How do my monsters earn experience, and what is the point of it?

If you defeat an army that isn't considered too weak for you, your army gains experience points and loot. The tougher the army is, the more experience and loot you gain. The toughness of an army is determined by a combination of the army's size, the monsters' levels, and the monsters' rarities.

After a monster has gained enough experience, its level increases. Each time a monster gains a level, it receives a new bonus that adds to its stats or decreases an enemy army's stats during a battle.

How do I attack another player's army?

From the "Home" tab, you can attack other players in several different ways. The "Top Rivals" list offers armies that should be formidable foes, and selecting one of these armies will bring you to the battle screen. If you're feeling gutsy, you can attempt to beat one of the armies in the "Top Wranglers" section, but these armies are the best of the best. You may also click the "More.." button under the top wranglers and attack any army you'd like.

How do I achieve a higher rank?

Your rank is based on your army's rating. The top ranked player is the player with the highest rating. You can earn rating by attacking players that are around your rating and higher. You will lose rating if someone defeats you and has a similar or lower rating than your own. You gain no rating for winning against a player with more than 200 rating less than your own. As long as their rating is high enough, you can even earn rating by defeating an army too weak to yield experience and loot. Only the best armies will achieve the highest ranks.

I keep getting experience from defeating an army, but my rating isn't increasing. What gives?

An army that is a similar strength to your army doesn't necessarily have a good rating. If their rating is more than 200 points lower than yours, you won't see a rating change at all when defeating them.

My wins to losses ratio is AMAZING. Why am I not the top wrangler?

Although your wins/losses ratio can be a good indication of how well you are doing, it doesn't necessarily delegate your rank. Losses against players with a much higher rating than your own won't effect you much or at all. Winning against a player with a rating much higher than your own will give you the most rating.

Am I limited on how many times I can attack?

Yes and No. You are limited by your army's health points and energy points, but these can be replenished with items in the game. As long as you can keep your energy and health levels up, you have an unlimited number of attacks. Check out the next two sections on health points and energy points.

What are energy points?

25 energy points are consumed every time you attack someone's army, and they are required for you to launch an attack. 25% of your energy points are replenished once every 15 minutes, but you can also purchase cookies at the shop that replenish energy immediately when used.

What are health points?

After an attack, your pets may have lost some or all of their health points, depending on how well your army did in combat. You'll need to bandage them up or wait until they heal over time before launching another attack. 25% of your health points are refilled once per 15 minutes, and healing items are much cheaper than energy items in the shop.

What is AP and AC?

Attack Power and Armor Class are stats that help your army perform better during combat. Attack power determines how often your monsters will land a critical strike(double damage!), and armor class determines how often your opponent's attacks are deflected.

Can I trade my monsters, eggs, or credits?

No, at the moment you cannot trade anything with other players. We feel that trading monsters and credits could compromise the fairness of the game.

Is there a limit on how many monsters I can have?

Yes. The maximum number of monsters any one player can have at a time is 12. A player with 12 monsters must sell a monster before purchasing another egg.

How do I rename or sell my monsters?

Each of your monsters has a "Sell" and "Rename" button beneath their picture. Clicking the "Rename" button allows you to type in your own custom name for the monster. Clicking the "Sell" button will remove the monster from your army, prompting you first asking if you are sure. Once a monster has been sold, you can no longer get that monster back. You will be paid 90% of the original cost of a monster once you've sold it, unless you only have one monster. Releasing your final monster will pay no credits, but you will receive a common egg for free.

What's the deal with 'Rarity,' and why do epic eggs cost so much?

Essentially a rare monster is about as effective as two common monsters, and an epic monster is as effective as three common monsters. Common monsters are the most cost-effective, but rare and epic monsters are better at filling space in an army with a limited size of 12.

Why is there a flame, leaf, or water drop by my monster's picture?

Each monster is associated with an element: Fire, Nature, or Water. Fire monsters have a damage bonus against Nature monsters. Nature monsters have a damage bonus against Water monsters. Water monsters have a damage bonus against Fire monsters. The damage bonus is not extremely significant per monster, but an army comprised primary of Water monsters may have a good advantage over team full of Fire monsters.

Why do my monsters have jobs?

Monster jobs play significant roles in combat, and having a variety of jobs within your monster army may benefit you greatly.

Melee - These monsters serve as your front line in combat, and melee monsters take damage before the ranged and support monsters. Melee monsters typically have more overall stats than a ranged or support monster of the same quality.

Ranged - These monsters take their positions behind your melee monsters, and they won't take damage until your melee troops have been defeated. Ranged monsters do twice as much damage as melee as long as they have melee monsters to hide behind. Otherwise they only do half the damage of melee.

Support - These are the helper monsters that stay at the back of the army. Each round of combat, support monsters have a high chance of negating incoming damage to your other monsters as long as you have either melee or ranged monsters present on the battlefield. After your melee and ranged monsters have been defeated, support monsters begin to take damage and deal damage just like melee monsters.

How does the combat work?

Although the combat is all "behind the scenes" only showing you statistical results, the fight is played out through rounds until one side has lost all of its monsters. Your monsters don't attack individually, but your army attacks as a whole, dealing damage for each remaining monster. The combined attack power and armor class of your army is weighed against the opposing army's attack power and armor class to determine how often both armies will land critical strikes or deflect each other's attacks. If an army misses, no attacks are landed. If an army scores a critical strike, every monster lands a critical strike. See the above "Jobs" section for more information on individual monster roles.

Both armies attack simultaneously to avoid one army having the upper hand. If both armies are defeated on the same combat round, the fight is restarted until there is a decisive winner. The remaining health of your army is distributed evenly among your monsters, even the ones already defeated. Experience gained is divided up evenly amongst your monsters.

Aw man, I got an Exumtoo.

monster.png

Is this good or bad?

Now I am going to wrangle him good.

Word, got some Knight looking maggot.
monster.png

So this is basically Pokemon Facebookified?

Man, you guys got some cool ones. I just got brains on legs.

And its only like pokemon in the fact that you get new monsters and they level up. Gameplay wise its not very similar. All of the monsters fight together as one army, rather than just one at a time. Also the names are random, and you can rename them.

Heres a Protip: Use your first 300 credits to buy another monster, and then only fight other people who have one or two level 1 creatures at first. You'll get your ass kicked if you try and fight one of the higher ranking players because they all have big armies of high level monsters. Also, every monster has a job (ranged support or melee) and an element (water, fire etc). When you get a decent sized army going, start combining these elements to better round it out.

I got some pumpkin headed mother****er.

I don't have a facebook account but from the shots people have posted the artwork looks really good.

Yeah, the guy who drew them is really good. He sits across from me and makes jokes all the time. At my expense :(

:D

Back