Counter-Strike Movie Deal Inked

TVR_Fan

Reaction score
Hollywood, CA - Following other successful movies based on computer games like Mortal Kombat and Double Dragon, Sony Pictures Entertainment will produce Counter-Strike: Movie. Based on the popular Counter-Strike multiplayer mod from Valve, the movie is guaranteed to be "a rollercoaster ride of thrilling action and witty banter."

At the helm of the picture will be German filmmaker Uwe Boll. Currently, the king of game-to-movie conversions is taking time off from producing Bloodrayne and Hunter:The Reckoning to work on the script.

"When I picked up the project, I sat down and played the game to get in touch with its soul," the director explained. "Trust me, this is going to be the most honest, true conversion ever. Everything you love about the game will be in there. The action, the group dynamics, the excitement."

Boll continued, "I want to guarantee the fans of the game that there will absolutely, positively be no campers in the movie. Ok, one guy will be really defensive, but that's because it's his job, not because he's camping."

The movie will focus on an international SWAT team assembled to stop a group of terrorists. However, before successfully foiling a bombing, the group must first face the internal challenges that threaten to tear it apart: The loudmouth beginner struggling for acceptance, the Team Killer who must face the consequences of a fatal accident, and the insecure wonder-kid accused of being gay.

Casting has not started for the project yet, but Ben Affleck and Colin Farrell, both avid fans of the game, have expressed interest in the project. However, the studio is leaning towards using animatronic animals in favor of human actors.

"The terrorism issue is still rather sensitive in America," said one studio executive who wished to remain anonymous. "Killing an animatronic goat is much more palatable to the American public.

Phew.. for a second there I thought there was going to be another terrible movie based on a game.

Ben Affleck and Colin Farrell play CS? Thats...intresting.

how the hell do you make a damned game out of CS? nevermind, Uwe Boll's doing it, he doesn;t need anything to start with, he'll make sure it's shitty enough to turn every gamer in the world off

Rrriiiight, so this is basically going to be a counter-terrorism film that just so happens to be Counter-Strike's namesake?
What on Earth could a film have to do with the actual game? Does the audience see the action in first person and vote to select equipment at the begining of each scene? Will it follow the camradery of both terrorists and CTs? Will the dialogue be full of the genuinely witty banter one would find in a real CS game: "stfu kthx", "lol", "rofl", "r0xx0rz", "1337", and " omg u r teh gayz0rz!1!!1one" ?

I can only hope so.

Lmfao. This is the best idea! Love it.

Rrriiiight, so this is basically going to be a counter-terrorism film that just so happens to be Counter-Strike's namesake?
What on Earth could a film have to do with the actual game? Does the audience see the action in first person and vote to select equipment at the begining of each scene? Will it follow the camradery of both terrorists and CTs? Will the dialogue be full of the genuinely witty banter one would find in a real CS game: "stfu kthx", "lol", "rofl", "r0xx0rz", "1337", and " omg u r teh gayz0rz!1!!1one" ?

I can only hope so.
Reread the 'article'...

CS has no plot though! How could you make it a movie! CS is just shooting every damn enemy you see. Although, most movies are like that now so maybe it will work well. :hmph:

Icarusintel said:
how the hell do you make a damned game out of CS?
Have you ever seen any cop movie ever? It's quite obviously going to be that, except now it's got a million dollar name attached to it.

TVR_Fan said:
Following other successful movies based on computer games like Mortal Kombat and Double Dragon
You, sir, are a comic genius!

This is a pretty well thought out joke as a whole too!

and the insecure wonder-kid accused of being gay.

Hehehe!!!

Casting has not started for the project yet, but Ben Affleck and Colin Farrell, both avid fans of the game, have expressed interest in the project. However, the studio is leaning towards using animatronic animals in favor of human actors.

They are gamers! Lets get online to whoop there ass :E

Its only early days so the movie could be in concept storyboard stage.

Idonotbelonghere said:
hmm, already a movie called counterstrike
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000A4GE1/104-6686848-2160760?v=glance
Course it has nothing to do with the game
and the name is also missing the dash between counter and strike...

The game also had far more of a story and plot to it as well, rather than, random terrorists take over random boat with random people on, random counter terrorists go in, fall in love with each other, whilst fighting random terrorists on random boat with random outcomes of their random actions.

It's fake, completely fake. A spoof.
There's not gonna be a CS movie any time soon.

No, but Uwe's looking for the Half-Life movie rights :eek:

mortiz said:
No, but Uwe's looking for the Half-Life movie rights :eek:

He'll never get them, Valve said they already sat around the table with big studios and turned them all down, so Uwe is certainly gonna get turned down, they're no morons.

A hl movie with the actual hl plot wouldnt be a bad idea imo. Apart from the fact that we would already know what was gonna happen, but id still like to see it.

Reaktor4 said:
A hl movie with the actual hl plot wouldnt be a bad idea imo. Apart from the fact that we would already know what was gonna happen, but id still like to see it.

According to Valve, every proposition for the script ended with "and then the hero falls in love". I doubt Hollywood is gonna pick this up without horribly raping the essence of the game.

seinfeldrules said:
Reread the 'article'...
Yes well clearly I was a little late in that "post" - there's no need to reply so facetiously, my dear fellow :hmph:

PvtRyan said:
According to Valve, every proposition for the script ended with "and then the hero falls in love". I doubt Hollywood is gonna pick this up without horribly raping the essence of the game.
Not to mention the fact that a mute protagonist isn't exactly your usual Hollywood action fodder.

TVR_Fan said:
Its only early days so the movie could be in concept storyboard stage.

"Ok guys, I got the story.. its alittle rough around the edges but you get can get an idea of what im hoping for.

Starts off on a warm summers day in a town I'll call dedust, but out of nowhere some terroists come right? Now, they have a plan to destroy america, but there going to try out the bomb on some crates first, marked with a big B so the CT cant miss it.

So the CS come along, to clean up right? This is where the drama comes in, half way into the movie, we find out Ben28 is really on the other tea... the other side, cus he kills one of the CT, so then TomCruise kills him, yadda yadda yadda the CS disarm the bomb, big picture of the usa flag.. then roll credits.

I think we should add some more drama elements into the film, make one of the CTs a 12 year old boy whos had his parents killed by..some guy, also for comedy have 2 of the Cts team up in a funny nerdy-white guy and tough-ass blacky guy Duo, everyone finds that funny!"

I wonder how long they can get away with the camera staring at someone sitting in a window with a sniper rifle. And I will personally crack up if I see Ben Affleck trying to do a spaz-jump.

Only thing a movie maker could use from that film is that there are terrorists and people who try to stop them, oh yes and people die aswell.

Well that all sounds as an original story to me.

I could make a CS movie.

Starts off with 6 people waking up in a desert like enviroment full dressed and equipped. Then we cut to another 6 people waking up over the other side of the desert.

Then they find there guns laying around and hear a voice in there headsets telling them that 6 terroists/ct are about to plant a bomb blowing them up.

Anyway, it would turn out that theyre in a virtual world and some crazy dude's kidnapped them to test his virtual 3d software.

-

Although personally Id set it on glassfloor, lotsa action shots available. Could have someone plummeting down the center (glassfloor_kdr) after the glass is blown out, someone falling but using there feet as a wedge to stop themselve falling etc etc.

Basically you could just play all these maps in situations and the winning team gets to live after it all. Would be beautiful.

Lol... a cs movie?.. never ;)

But a half-life movie would we niiice!!!!..

I sincerely hope they do not make this movie. It's bad enough to have terribles games come from good movies, but a movie from a terrible game(I know I'm asking to be flamed, but that's my opinion :p ), I honestly think a CS movie would suck. But a HL movie would be nice.

Cool... a CS movie. I hope someday they'll make HL movie... w/c I think is much cooler.

WacK said:
Lol... a cs movie?.. never ;)

But a half-life movie would we niiice!!!!..
but i heard of a movie called Counter-Strike.

Ought to turn it into a real-world like movie attacking the bush administration for going into Iraq and Iran.

* Assuming that current trends continue and we do invade Iran.

Back