Counter-Strike Source Beta Phase 2 - Now Open

cool ill try it once i get my radeon 9600 xt awesome!!!

sweet :) 39 fps with 1024*768, everything on high, and 6x AA and 16x AF, thats pretty nice after all :)

That is so awesome!!
But the VST is only for people on the beta eh? That kinda sucks. But hey....pics are good too! :)

Picture links are bad, there are a couple of spaces between the j and the peg of the extension. Easily sorted on the user end but i'm just letting you know ;)

Nice.. I dont think its mutch time until Half-Life2 is complete.

Hmm, too bad I'll have to wait until friday (next week)... unless my CZ account is screwed.

WTF.. bench mark only for beta dudes? that suxx..

hmm, really good news. it would let me know how well my pc will perform. :stare:

one minor setback. i hate the fact its only for beta subscribers. :flame:

can some1 send mister Gabe an email to ask if he wouldn't just release a benchmark demo on the internet? we could finally play around, testing our cpu and stuff, without figuring out the storyline or anything. this'll put the hype back online i tell ya. :smoking:

please some 1 send this mail... :(

[RDH]MastahFrag said:
hmm, really good news. it would let me know how well my pc will perform. :stare:

one minor setback. i hate the fact its only for beta subscribers. :flame:

can some1 send mister Gabe an email to ask if he wouldn't just release a benchmark demo on the internet? we could finally play around, testing our cpu and stuff, without figuring out the storyline or anything. this'll put the hype back online i tell ya. :smoking:

please some 1 send this mail... :(
why don't you send it yourself

The Benchmark requires the HL2 engine, which only beta testers have on there HD to play CSS.

To release it to non beta testers would mean distributing the hl2 engine with it, so its quite big, not worth it tbh.

Question: Is the benchmark a playable version of the test level? or is it just fly-by?

I get 50.90 with everything in high and water reflecting everything at 1280x1024 and VSync ON.

AMD64 3200+
RADEON 9800XT

Someone find the name of the level.

Open console

map levelname

Run around.

k worked, but you cant move :X Even with noclip :eek:

The speaker map is the screenshot and left right is heard as the red lights go. The flyby benchmark is crap, you just about see water and the glass things :/

I got 90.45 average FPS with default settings and it looks very nice indeed. The fly-by only lasts about 15 seconds but it's very impressive nonetheless.

just stating what fps u got is not much use to anyone
why dont u include your pc specs aswell?

How do you move round in the test_hardware level? For me the camera just stays still at the starting location, even though the stuff around me is moving. Turning on noclip didn't work either.

So how intensive is this video test? Does it accurately represent how well the full game will run? In other words, if someone averages 40FPS in the video test, can they reasonably expect that Half-Life 2 will run at an average of 40FPS?

Mountain Man said:
So how intensive is this video test? Does it accurately represent how well the full game will run? In other words, if someone averages 40FPS in the video test, can they reasonably expect that Half-Life 2 will run at an average of 40FPS?
Pretty much. I haven't played this yet as I am waiting on my CS : CZ key from ebay but from the screen shots it looks to have all the game features (bump mapping, water, etc) so it should represent the overall game. A few minor things (such as AI) will affect the CPU but it won't be much different than that benchmark level.

No, i mean, how did he get to those angles in the level? For me I am just stuck at one point for the whole time, and I can't move round. So how did he move around?

Hey, Chris_D, my man :thumbs:
I'd really appreciate some more screenies, as I have no Condition Zero, no time and no money. :cheese: Could you perhaps show some more?

Mountain Man said:

The stress test is exactly that, a stress test. So whatever score you get you can be sure that's what the most intense areas of HL2 will run like.

I just want to restate what Mutt said: Please specify you system configuration and system specs in order for us to predict our system performance.

If it'll run on my MX 420, it'll run on anything, by golly!!

SubKamran said:
The stress test is exactly that, a stress test. So whatever score you get you can be sure that's what the most intense areas of HL2 will run like.
O.K. I was just verifying.

If I recall, those pictures look quite familiar to a video Valve released like 2 years+ ago. I remember Gordon being in stained glass (in the video) and the audience was laughing. Probably at an E3 show 2002....

Edit Ah, I now see that you are taken round it only when you click on "Video Stress Test"

Sorry

poofyfinger said:
If I recall, those pictures look quite familiar to a video Valve released like 2 years+ ago. I remember Gordon being in stained glass (in the video) and the audience was laughing. Probably at an E3 show 2002....
E3 2003

Murray_H said:
Picture links are bad, there are a couple of spaces between the j and the peg of the extension. Easily sorted on the user end but i'm just letting you know ;)
Unfortunately it's not an easy fix - The links are actually displaying correctly in the code of the post. It seems like there's something wrong with the news script :|

1024x768
High Detail
2X AA
AMD 64bit 3200+
1 Gig Corsair PC 3200
ATI 9800 All in wonder pro

93.45 FPS

My Specs and performance...

My specs are:

Athlon xp 3200
1 Gig of Dual channel DDR400 Cosair
ATI 9800XT
2 40 GIG 7200 RPM Serial ATA RAID 0 (striped mode) Setup

Tried 2 scenerios:

1)
1600 x 1200 resolution
All graphic detail/shadow etc settings on as high as they can go
AA on 6x
AF on 8x (it goes to 16x but beyond 8x is not significant and a big performance hit)

FPS AVERAGE: 30 (it was actually like 29.53)

2)
1280 x 960 Resoulution
All graphic detail/shadow etc settings on as high as they can go
AA on 6x
AF on 8x (it goes to 16x but beyond 8x is not significant and a big performance hit)

FPS AVERAGE: 50 (it was actually like 49.15)

**I'll probably will be playing the game on this resolution: 1280 x 960 because 50 FPS average is great.

So, as I understand, this VST will determine the average that users will obtain playing HL2 because its based on the source engine!?

Sorry for the n00bI$h question

poofyfinger said:
So, as I understand, this VST will determine the average that users will obtain playing HL2 because its based on the source engine!?

Sorry for the n00bI$h question

YES. That is exactly what it is for.

Back