Counter-Strike: Source, Source Engine, and Source SDK Updates Available

A

Azlan

Valve has released an update tonight. As always, restart steam to recieve the update automatically:
  • CS:S
  • Fixed an issue which was affecting player movement prediction
  • Stopped players on de_dust2 being able to hide inside of rocks
  • Added clipbrushes to de_train to prevent players from reaching certain areas
  • Enabled bots to navigate their way out of the carts in cs_compound

• Source Engine (game server changes)
  • Added "stats" command to print the current cpu usage, players and net bandwidth in use
  • Fixed rcon responses to properly reflect request id's
  • Added rate-limiting to connectionless queries to prevent flooding (as in HL1, the rate-limiting is controlled via the cvars: sv_max_queries_sec, sv_max_queries_sec_global, and sv_max_queries_window)
  • Removed sv_allowlocalquery cvar

• Source SDK
  • Added Snow and rain materials
  • Added qc_eyes.exe
  • Made various improvements and fixes to .FGD files
  • Fixed an issue in Vrad which was causing visible artifacts when lighting very large objects/areas
  • Fixed an issue in Studiomdl which was allowing bad $modelnames to be used
  • Fixed the "cordon" texture used by Hammer

Lemonking said:
wtf? no VAC2?....
this sucks

VAC2 will be a silent update anyway... its not like they'd let the hackers know

I'm just waiting for HDR... When is it coming?? I thought they said february..

notmydesk said:
Sigh. No new DM maps yet. That's what I'm waiting for.
Sigh^10:
No patch to fix the last one which now means I cant play DM

Lemonking said:
wtf? no VAC2?....
this sucks
For all we know, it was included in this latest update and they're simply not advertising it. My guess is the first we'll hear of VAC is when thousands of people get banned for using cheats.

Mountain Man said:
For all we know, it was included in this latest update and they're simply not advertising it. My guess is the first we'll hear of VAC is when thousands of people get banned for using cheats.
are fo shizzle about that?

Are the people at valve deaf,or stupid.When are they gonna fix the crashing issue in HL2DM,theres hundreds of threads about it over at the steam forums.Dont get me wrong i respect the fact they release a lot of patches,but never the one to fix the crashing prob.

holligan said:
Are the people at valve deaf,or stupid.When are they gonna fix the crashing issue in HL2DM,theres hundreds of threads about it over at the steam forums.Dont get me wrong i respect the fact they release a lot of patches,but never the one to fix the crashing prob.

Who says they're NOT working on it?

notmydesk said:
Sigh. No new DM maps yet. That's what I'm waiting for.

Were you not content with dm_steamlab? We only got that about 2 weeks ago.

Aren't the DM competition maps being released soon? Meh. User maps (stalkyard, island17, facility) are always better anyway. :p

Cypher19 said:
Who says they're NOT working on it?

No-one has said they are not working on it,but no-one has said they are.I just wish valve could tell us if they are rather than saying its our hardware and heres how to fix it blah de blah de blah......Im dreading downloading this new patch cause its bound to be full of more problems for us hardcore DM players.

holligan said:
Are the people at valve deaf,or stupid.

Awww just because a few people don't get what they want you immidiately think they are stupid, awww how cute.

How about beginning to take a look in the memory crash problem which has lead me to not play any HL2 related stuff in like 3months or something..

It's taking to long.

holligan said:
No-one has said they are not working on it,but no-one has said they are.I just wish valve could tell us if they are rather than saying its our hardware and heres how to fix it blah de blah de blah......Im

Because its mostly true about hardware.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Because its mostly true about hardware.

I guess you are one of the lucky few who the game still works for.I only started getting this prob(as did thousands of other peeps) after the crowbar/slam update.So it is not my hardware it has something to do with that update.

So dont start giving it 'my game works so screw everyone else' bull.
You sir are a Wan.ker.

holligan said:
I guess you are one of the lucky few who the game still works for.I only started getting this prob(as did thousands of other peeps) after the crowbar/slam update.So it is not my hardware it has something to do with that update.

So dont start giving it 'my game works so screw everyone else' bull.
You sir are a Wan.ker.

One of the lucky few? Obviously THOUSANDS of people don't have your issue, you people act like 200 people with the issue are thousands, sorry just not happening.

No but its interesting how 2 or 3 thousand people play without issues yet 100-200 people have the issue, ironic. Ohnoes you insulted me, I am crying now, don't flame people.

DiSTuRbEd said:
One of the lucky few? Obviously THOUSANDS of people don't have your issue, you people act like 200 people with the issue are thousands, sorry just not happening.

No but its interesting how 2 or 3 thousand people play without issues yet 100-200 people have the issue, ironic. Ohnoes you insulted me, I am crying now, don't flame people.

that's right, because YOUR hl2dm works fine, EVERYONES game works perfectly. jesus ****ing christ, I see it now. My game is running perfectly fine and all the crashes are just my imagination.

holligan said:
that's right, because YOUR hl2dm works fine, EVERYONES game works perfectly. jesus ****ing christ, I see it now. My game is running perfectly fine and all the crashes are just my imagination.

please shut up and/or shoot yourself. thank you.

Obviously you missed the whole "yet only 100-200 have the problem" in my statement above. But thats fine, because you are obviously just mad.

Please refrain from attacking people, I don't think you would like the consequences for doing so. Thanks.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Obviously you missed the whole "yet only 100-200 have the problem" in my statement above. But thats fine, because you are obviously just mad.

Please refrain from attacking people, I don't think you would like the consequences for doing so. Thanks.

Im not attacking anyone,im just stating what is happening to my game and you seem to have some kind of problem with me saying the game is broken,the crashes are not in my imagination.As i said valve are deaf or stupid for not realising some people are having problems with the game,just a little update to say they are fixing it will do.

holligan said:
Im not attacking anyone,im just stating what is happening to my game and you seem to have some kind of problem with me saying the game is broken,the crashes are not in my imagination.As i said valve are deaf or stupid for not realising some people are having problems with the game,just a little update to say they are fixing it will do.

dude theyre getting there, atleast there are frequent updates. anyway just because u have a problem doesn;t mean valve will make it top priority. They fixed some things any in a week weeks they fix more. Just chill vavle are doing a great job :smoking:

You seem to have some kind of problem with him stating that the game itself isn't broken. Your assertion that only a "lucky few" are able to play is quite blatently absurd. Yes, some people are having problems. There are always some people having problems. Problems get fixed over time.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Awww just because a few people don't get what they want you immidiately think they are stupid, awww how cute.

i could'nt give a dam if his game works or not.There was no need for that kind of comment.I was not attacking anyone just defending myself from his patronising post's.

if the game obviously doesnt work on your system..either change your ram, change your system or take the game back..valve cant predict how thier software will work on millions of differnt systems....take it back or just sit tight untill there is a fix

My HL2 doesn't even get to the menu with out memory ref error since the Steamlabs update. Luckily DM still works, so I'm not totally without.

I think the updates are coming out fairly reguarly these days...I'm confident it'll be fixed in some shape or form in the future.

holligan said:
i could'nt give a dam if his game works or not.There was no need for that kind of comment.I was not attacking anyone just defending myself from his patronising post's.

Yeah I guess this forum has lost a sense of humor too.

"Fixed an issue which was affecting player movement prediction"

Is this the fix to the famous "hitbox problem"?

Where are the contest maps? Meh, thanks for the update though valve

I suspected the people whinging about crashes were talking rubbish, it certainly wasn't affecting me in any case.

Then just this evening, hl2dm stops dead. Can't Alt-Tab, can't Ctrl-Alt-Del.
Not had that before. I hope Valve fixes it before it happens again ;(

bliink said:
VAC2 will be a silent update anyway... its not like they'd let the hackers know
I hear that VAC2 will be shipped with Duke Nukem Forever.

Late News

Hey I dont know if u guys at hl2.net noticed but this is late news..The update happened yesterday (wed)

Counter-Strike: Source, Source Engine, and Source SDK Updates Available

Valve has released an update tonight. As always, restart steam to recieve the update

By Azlan @ 6:54am Thursday 10th March, 2005

This should be reworded "Valve released an update Last night!"

anywho, tonight is the Real update night for valve. Hopefully we get something good

Funny how you state you are attacking no one yet call someone else a wanker. Just an observation.

Back