Crysis New old vid in HD + QA + 20min demonstration

"Our goal though is to make it really playable and look good on machines two-years-old from our ship date."

SHOOP DA WHOOP!

I've seen it, Crysis is shaping up nicely methinks.

Is this the one where it glides over the island?

Edit: Yes it is.

Sweet! Crysis is going to be the SHIT!

Thats the great thing about a lot of PC game previews, actually gameplay.
*mumbles more about the racing game trailer

No quad-core support?
:<

Thats pretty lame. VALVe seems to be owning everyone on that aspect.

Engines would have more than they would know what to do with if given quad cores atm. Quad core is a bit over kill even in Alan Wake, what does that use each core for? One for AI, one for physics, then what? By that point, there will be little performance difference unless they actualy make the AI super intelligent and the physics intense. (I know that Alan Wake does have a tornado that rips apart a house, so a core to physics like that is reasonable.)

Sorry, got off on a tangent. sp?

Crysis does however support dual core, one of the cores is going to be utilized for physics if I remember correctly.

Dude, graphics can be rendered using the CPU as well. So you can put the less important things on one or 2 of the cores as well. Such as leaves blowing on the ground, rain, snow, dust particles, etc.

There is PLENTY you can use quad core for.

Plus devs just need to try letting the workload overlap the cores. So if you have single, it'll run OK, with dual it'll run better, then quad and so on will run even better.

Hell, isnt intel planning 8 core and more by sometime next year? We need to utilize this stuff! :D

Oh well, at least Crysis supports Dual Core. So thats a start. Maybe they'll patch it later on even...

Gotcha.

Gah, 8 cores? Overkill? Thats gona be quite expensive.

Theres hardly any applications that use dual core even now... (besides a few games)

Gotcha.

Gah, 8 cores? Overkill? Thats gona be quite expensive.

Theres hardly any applications that use dual core even now... (besides a few games)

In time, every application out there will have support for threading. So it's worth getting any amount of cores you can reasonably afford.

Sure, the few Quads out now are at least $1,000, but by Q2 or Q3 of 2007, that'll go way down to like $800 I'd say, maybe even lower. Which is when I'll be jummping on Quad.

That looks a lot better. I'm actually kind of excited about it now!

Did thou creamest thy pants? Yay or Nay?

The water did it for me :naughty:

Actually just the idea of being in a dense forest in even an 8 player MP map having it all coming down around you, the devastation will rock.. I actually can't wait for silly things like my first tree felling frag.

Also the idea that anyone could just spoil the jungle party by driving a tank through the forest or kamikazi plowing a VTOL into the trees where the fight is happening.. probably even have the option to take off the radar and play hide and seek with your foes, seeing how detailed the undergrowth is.

I really want to say something negative but I can't be bothered to watch. :/

^Yes I know Samon, deep down you really like this game lols:p

Hell, isnt intel planning 8 core and more by sometime next year? We need to utilize this stuff! :D

Aye, but we wouldn't need dual cores, and quad cores, and 8 cores if the processors themselves were being increased instead of just fitting more cores onto a chip, allowing for more chance of failure on one of the cores, and making developing harder

you cant even tell what the guy is saying at the computer in the Q&A

The shooting down trees seems nice, but I think it's pretty lame how one bullet will cut down a tree. And they even showed where you could punch down trees. Seems kind of lame. Also when the guy punched the other guy, his body flew back 15 feet. ew.

Other than that, seems like it could be fun.

Intriguing, I will definately being keeping a close eye on this game. ;)

And they even showed where you could punch down trees. Seems kind of lame. Also when the guy punched the other guy, his body flew back 15 feet. ew.

It's still alpha, so the damage models are probably still being tweaked. But the 'power fist' thing is AFAIK a feature of the crazy armour you're wearing, allowing you to pump power into the kinetics, rather than say the armour, and getting way stronger as a result :)

Is there a non-IGN link for the HD vid?

Aye, but we wouldn't need dual cores, and quad cores, and 8 cores if the processors themselves were being increased instead of just fitting more cores onto a chip, allowing for more chance of failure on one of the cores, and making developing harder

I kind of disagree with that. You can only push processors so far untill they just produce too much heat to ever operate under normal situations. Not to mention a single core can only think about one set of instructions at once. With more cores you can do more at once, all while producing a fraction of the heat.

Will there be any gibbing? I mean when I shoot someone, i want there to be a lot of blood everywhere. Maybe a few limbs being shot off. And one thing that i want is when i launch a grenade at someone...i want there to be realistic effects (like them blowing up with body parts flying everywhere). I may seem like a violent red neck, but i really want to know what it feels like to be a solider in a war zone, so the more realism the better. :D

Will there be any gibbing? I mean when I shoot someone, i want there to be a lot of blood everywhere. Maybe a few limbs being shot off. And one thing that i want is when i launch a grenade at someone...i want there to be realistic effects (like them blowing up with body parts flying everywhere). I may seem like a violent red neck, but i really want to know what it feels like to be a solider in a war zone, so the more realism the better. :D

there is blood and gibs i'm not sure. I think so

Update
here is a question from one of the forum members at incrysis.com

Question
4) Realistic Gibs? Shoot enemy with bullets..you get bullet holes in enemy. But shoot enemy with a missile launcher or grenade:) Will you get gibs and blood or will we get the cleaned up version where the body just goes flying in the air like a rag doll? If you can mow down trees and shrubs with a gatlin gun..then you should be able to mow apart bodies:)

Answer
There can only be so much gore before the game rating increases. I'm not sure what rating CryTek/EA is shooting for, but in any case, the game can be modded to have as much gore as your heart desires. If you haven't seen it yet, check out the gibs my teams' Project X mod is doing for FC through scripting and texturing. While a dramatic increase, I don't think it starts getting into the senselessness you describe.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this look that good?

Back