CS:GO "Operation Wildfire" Reintroduces DE_Nuke

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
After being removed from CS:GO many moons ago, the recently released and equally overdue "Operation Wildfire" has brought about the return of classic map DE_Nuke, which has received a full visual overhaul and a partial redesign. The new Nuke features the same high-quality visions as that found in the redesigned Train, increasing overall visibility and readability. Also like Train, it features a small number of new routes and paths which can be used whether attacking or defending, including a new Decontamination Room, raised flooring in Bombsite A, and several new ladders around the outdoor rooftops.

Nuke.PNG

The Operation Wildfire included with the update will run until June 17th 2016, can be purchased for $5.99, and features a wealth of missions and objectives in two separate "Campaigns", a new weapon case and 16 community-created skins, and a whopping seven new maps. These maps include Coast, Cruise, Empire, Mikla, Royal, Santorini, and Tulip, all of which are available to play in Competitive, Casual, and Deathmatch modes whether you own an Operation Pass or not. These maps are shown in alphabetical order below.

Coast.PNG Cruise.PNG Empire.PNG Mikla.PNG Royal.PNG Santorini.PNG Tulip.PNG
It's definitely been too long since Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players enjoyed a new Operation, but Wildfire seems like it was worth the wait!

I want to try one of those new Co-op missions, but to unlock one of them you have to play some of the old type co-op missions first and you can only do 2 missions per day :S
It seems they even made new item and enemy types for the new Co-op missions which sounds interesting.

The new Nuke looks awesome. Nuke has always been one of my favorite maps but was definitely far too CT sided. I think the changes to A which basically nerf the CTs map control advantage over upper bombsite are pretty on point although I haven't had a chance to play it yet. Really interested to see how the changes to outside work out too. They made it easier to get on silo and extended the catwalk so you can jump onto it from silo, meaning Ts can get to heaven/rafters without ever exposing themselves to CTs lurking in mini hut.

i honestly never got into cs:go or any other cs game rather than playing it at a friend's house, but it's cool that valve removes maps and later reintroduces them in a brand new way.

FYI Robert Briscoe (Dear Esther) worked on the new map. You can tell because he's very good with the Source Engine.

I played a few matches on it tonight. Not only does it look great but the layout changes have altered the metagame dramatically. I like it.

FYI Robert Briscoe (Dear Esther) worked on the new map. You can tell because he's very good with the Source Engine.
Dear Esther is still the best looking Source "game"

Back