CS:GO "Reintroducing Train" Update Released

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Earlier today, Valve announced they have recently been working to rebuild one of Counter-Strike's classic maps, Train. The map has been rebuilt from the ground up, as shown by the video below, and now features an entirely new visual style and a number of rather important layout improvements.

Now taking on the form of an old Soviet facility, Train's visuals have been fully rebuilt and improved in order to make it look more like a map that belongs in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, rather than its ten year old predecessor, Counter-Strike: Source. It's a very striking change, but extra attention has also been paid to more minor and subtle details, such as increasing the saturation of colours at Bombsite A to help instantly draw players' attention towards the large nuclear reactor in the center of the area.

BombsiteA.PNG
As we mentioned, the layout of this new version is also very different, as the two remaining Tunnels have been widened, one of the two sniping nests at Bombsite A have been removed while the other has been dramatically changed, and additional cover has been provided across the map, such as in the lower ramp. It's not exactly common for Valve to totally rebuild one of their maps like this, but the difference this new update has made is extremely impressive and should hopefully help bring Train back into the competitive CS:GO scene sometime soon.

For more details on the newly updated version of Train and all of the other balance tweaks introduced with this evening's patch for CS:GO, including changes to the CZ75-Auto, be sure to check out the announcement post, the accompanying blog post, and the update changelog.

Wow! This looks cool. I kind of wish they would completely rebuild a couple other maps as well. But even though it looks cool, it doesn't.....feel right. It doesn't feel "old" like this write up suggests. It seems like it's has kind of a modern design and is full or bright colors, -not exactly things that come to my mind when I think of "old communist relic".

With it's bright colors and cartoonish appearance, It's like CS:GO meets TF2

Last edited:
With it's bright colors and cartoonish appearance, It's like CS:GO meets TF2

Yeah, the colors seem a bit off to me. There are some parts that stick out from the rest of the map rather than blending all together. The map also seems designed more "futuristically" for lack of a better word, as in there is more going on. Which makes it fun to look at, but doesn't really seem to jive with the theme and color pallet Valve has going on with the rest of CS:GO's maps.

I really wanted to play train and adding it to the new map pool is an awesome opportunity. I honestly dont mind the bright colors as the old train was too grey imo

I don't think thats possible when were talking about old russia :p

Rewatching this video for the third time, I think it's the buildings surrounding Bombsite A that give a kind of modern architecture vibe to it and generally make it a little weird.

Last edited:
Look fukin awesome! Also looks really clean and bright which I like and I also like the layout changes but I have to play more rounds on that to judge that.

In the tunnels by the lockers and showers, there are windows into a cargo room and it looks like they hung up multi colored christmas lights. Not sure if it's related to this happy holidays patch or actual map.

In the tunnels by the lockers and showers, there are windows into a cargo room and it looks like they hung up multi colored christmas lights. Not sure if it's related to this happy holidays patch or actual map.
The Holiday patch for CS:GO replaces all wires with Christmas lights, so it's just that effect.

Theres also a cool new cz-auto animation where you attach the secondary magazine/foregrip everytime you take it out

Last edited:
Back