CS: S server questions?, PLEASE HELP ME!!

W

W1LLDAB3AST

Can I make a game using my bandwidth like on an Xbox, or do I have to rent/buy a server. All I want to do is play bots with me and one other buddy, but when I make a game he tries to join and it says server not responding. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Is it even possible for me and my friend to play with bots over the internet using my connection. Please reply, I really need your help!

you will be able to play on any computer. it all depends on your internet set up. there can be many things that block it. you might have a firewall or your router may be blocking it. also sometimes cs will default to lan game. i dont know why it does that but it just does i hate it.

I've done simple servers like that many times. I would say the easiest thing to do is to use a program called Hamachi. You and your freinds download it (https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp) and install it. One person creates a network and a password that the other(s) then join. Once everyone is in the network someone can host a counterstrike game and everyone in the Hamachi network should see it in the LAN games even though you are using it over the internet.

Back