CS:S, SRC engine, HL2DM updates released

cliffe

Reaction score
Counter-Strike: Source, Source Engine, and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch updates are available and will be applied automatically when Steam is restarted. The changes include:

Counter-Strike: Source

New hostage resuce map cs_compound

Added Source version of de_train

Upgraded version of the CT player model

Location names are shown in radio/team chat, and under the radar

Server tickrate can be specified with -tickrate

Added radio command aliases

Added mp_humanteam cvar [any | ct | t] (forces human players onto specified team – useful for humans vs bots)

Added new “match” mode for bot_quota -- If bot_quota_mode = “match”, bot count = (human count) * bot_quota

Bots no longer automatically follow humans (bot_auto_follow now defaults to 0)

Bots are balanced before humans with mp_autoteambalance

Bots can open simple +use doors

Bots change their names to match the prefix when bot_prefix changes

Several improvements to bot behavior when paths become blocked -- solves problems specific to cs_havana

Bots won’t throw grenades if something is blocking their throw

Bots are better at only breaking objects that are in their way

Fixed bug where a bot occasionally “dithered” rapidly between two or more targets without firing
bot_kick and bot_kill console commands use the bot's base name without the bot_prefix
de_piranesi - bots avoid the breakable crates better.

A bomb exploding just as the round restarts no longer kills players at the start of the next round

Grenades being thrown when the player dies no longer disappear

Increased mp_limitteams bounds to 0-30, where 0 will disable this functionality

Players’ arms and hands can be hit by bullets now

Target ID font is proportional, and it doesn't become resize incorrectly after a resolution change

Overviews don't show player locations when mp_fadetoblack is on

Players with spaces in their names can be selected in the spectator GUI

Observers can change their name at round restart

Throwing a grenade right at round restart no longer results in holding a “ghost” grenade viewmodel at respawn

Source Engine

Fixed a bug where snd_mixahead was not working properly. Should fix some sound popping problems for certain sound hardware when running at a low framerate

Added support for a new surround sound buffering technique that streams six discrete channels instead of using DirectSound3D. Use snd_digital_surround in the console to enable this. This allows for support of Dolby Digital 5.1 on nForce2 hardware

Allow mp3 playback at rates other than 44100Hz. This was requested by the MOD community

Master Server Query Protocol

Added a challenge number to A2S_PLAYER and A2S_RULES server queries
* setting "sv_enableoldqueries" to 1 (default) allows old style (no challenge/response) queries to work. By default queries don't require a challenge number for clients on the same B class network, change "sv_allowlocalquery" to 0 to disable this functionality

Changed A2S_INFO server query to require the string "Source Engine Query" appended to the end of the query packet.

Half_life 2: Deathmatch

Fixed model exploit that would allow players to select an invalid player model

Added weapon type to server log

"Players’ arms and hands can be hit by bullets now"

Does that mean you can see bullet marks in the viewmodel or does that mean we can injure players by shooting their arms and hands? Didn't notice you couldn't, if it was like that

Thank you cliffe! :cheers:

I especially like that HL2: DM update. :D

Please post a pic of the new CT model please! :thumbs:

I can't because I need a job to get HL2. I'm still waiting for HL2 lol. :rolleyes:

I'll post one along with pics of the maps. They're all cool.
Cs_compound seems wide, a nice outdoorish map with big buildings. Train also looks great.

ps. I have settings on low because I got annoyed by the nice fps drop on office

Attachments

• I see great camping ahead in this room with a door that requires 'use'.jpg
    I see great camping ahead in this room with a door that requires 'use'.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 316
anyone else notice the CT player model's eyes are broken?

the new maps are absolutely gorgeous, the detail put into both is extremely impressive, and my hat is off to both Valve and Turtle Rock for the amount of work put into each.

thanks guys, this is probably enough for me to pick up CS:S again for a bit.

the new player model on the CT side is MUCH better, however the problem with the eyes is a bit odd when you are close enough to notice it. (eyes don't work like other eyes in the game, they look at the wrong origin or something, so when you are facing someone dead on it looks like empty eye sockets, or white eyes with no iris)

anyway, thanks again for awesome new (not to mention free) content.

edit: so far it works with bots.
however is anyone unable to join an online server (perhaps since the patch is so new or something, but whenever I try joining an internet server that is running the new maps... I get a "Bad Challenge" error)

the new maps are absolutely gorgeous, the detail put into both is extremely impressive, and my hat is off to both Valve and Turtle Rock for the amount of work put into each.

thanks guys, this is probably enough for me to pick up CS:S again for a bit

I second that Mr. Redundant,.. thats some mighty fine work. especially happy about the player model exploit fix in HL2DM :D

hoooray! Thanks cliffe! nice to see that valve employee's still visit other hl2 sites and forums!

Yeah... it's funny how HL2.net recently hired a bunch of news posters... and yet there still isn't a front page hook up to an anticipated update. :|

Cliffe, why isnt the new terroist model logged?

and why am I the only one who seems to get him? People think Im lying @ hl2world...

azz0r said:
Cliffe, why isnt the new terroist model logged?

and why am I the only one who seems to get him? People think Im lying @ hl2world...

That there is a nice model!

Ok well the one on the right I have ingame without doing anything.

Found this guy in the directory too

Some_God said:
Yeah... it's funny how HL2.net recently hired a bunch of news posters... and yet there still isn't a front page hook up to an anticipated update. :|

Chris is the only one who I've seen post real news...

My model must be screwed up or something, his arm it poping out through his vest. Its like the vest doesnt move with the rest of the body... it looks really strange.

Good updates! Too bad I've got dial-up, but I'll be up to date soon. Grenades from the previous round used to kill people at change-over? Lol, I think I saw that, good thing it's fixed.

Sainku said:
My model must be screwed up or something, his arm it poping out through his vest. Its like the vest doesnt move with the rest of the body... it looks really strange.

no, that's apparently how the model is.

theres some serious warping, and the broken eyes don't help either.

still looks good, but very unpolished (the more I look at it)
was this a user submitted model?
(no offense to valve either way, it's still fantastic)

COOL!!! i've been waiting for this for many months now.

I wanna play online too ;(

But I have work to do, I hate UML...

(what I'm doing here? Uhh... not working?)

PvtRyan said:
I wanna play online too ;(

But I have work to do, I hate UML...

(what I'm doing here? Uhh... not working?)
Go to your job before its too late. wait... transportation in Netherlands is quite easy so... I guess its not a problem to you.

azz0r said:
Ok well the one on the right I have ingame without doing anything.

Found this guy in the directory too
I still only have the ragular terrorist in-game, are you using a custom skin?

After this most recent update (last night for me) HL2dm Crashes with the HL2.exe error- memory related problem. EVERY SINGLE TIME after this update. WTF?

Back