CS:S with a 128mb video card

Reaction score
Hello, i was wondering if i could play css on a 128mb video card. My other specs are fine.
Help would be appreciated.

thanks.

I used to play it more or less fine when the game first came out with a 128mb Geforce 4.

yea it will play since most cards that could play it at the time of release were 128mb. what card is it exactly? that can determine how well it will perform.

It's actually a computer im getting in like a week so i don't really know too much about the video card besides the fact that its a 128mb vcard

Is it a new computer? If so then a 128mb card sound pretty weak and old by today's standards.

If you're on Windows Vista, you can...
1) Right click on desktop
2)click on "Personalize"
3)click on "display Settings" (at the bottom of the list)
4) in the window, click on "Advanced settings"
5) it will tell you the video card you have
:D

IT's totally fine. Just put it at lowest resolution andyou will be perfect.

or you could just go to "Run" and type in "dxdiag"

has lots of info......btw for Vista users that means putting Run in your Search box under Start, should be the first thing listed.

There is no need for the run box on Vista as the search box can also run programs. Typing in "dxdiag" in the search box will find it.

Hey again, i got the computer and the video card is intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family. will it work?

Not terribly well I'd say. Maybe if set everything to the minimum settings.

Hey again, i got the computer and the video card is intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family. will it work?
Try the Half-life 2 demo through Steam first before you purchase. It might work, but it is also very possible it just won't be good enough.

I have a 128mb GeForce 5600 Ultra and it works absolutely fine, running at around 60FPS. All video settings at high and resolution at 1280x1024 (LCD).

I have a 128mb GeForce 5600 Ultra and it works absolutely fine, running at around 60FPS. All video settings at high and resolution at 1280x1024 (LCD).

I had the same exact card and it ran fine.

Recently I upgraded to a 6200 256MB and it works even better.

Difference is, yours is an actual dedicated graphics card, and his is just a chip on his motherboard made my intel not nvidia. They may both be 128mb of RAM, but that is where the similarities end. Huge difference in power.

I had the same exact card and it ran fine.

Recently I upgraded to a 6200 256MB and it works even better.

Why upgrade to a 6200 in 2009? I upgraded to a 6200 512MB in 2006 and it had a hard time running any non-Source game even at the time.(I now use my laptop's 9600M GT for gaming)

Anyway, a video card's memory tells very little about how much performance it has. It's like judging a car's performance just by the amount of cylinders in its engine.

Difference is, yours is an actual dedicated graphics card, and his is just a chip on his motherboard made my intel not nvidia. They may both be 128mb of RAM, but that is where the similarities end. Huge difference in power.

Oh right yeah, I just realised my laptop has a chipset family too. THAT'S why it sucks at running games. xD

You might do this to get as much information for your video card: goto start and choose " run ".
Then you type: " dxdiag " and a box will open with informations. if this does'nt work/does'nt help, you can go to nVidia's website and choose products... there you will find all about your GPU.

Good luck with your search, Aero.

Back