CS:Source and CS2 Discussion

Play4Fun

Spy
Reaction score
I did a little search but couldn't find a thread that really talks about CS:S or/and CS2 so I guess I'm the first one to do it :)

so what do u guys think about the new (and awesome ;)) CS we saw in this year's E3??
as for me, I had no complains except for the skins.. the AWP and the Deagle skins.. they look..well.. not THAT high quality IMO.. but I hope its only because of the low quality vid I saw (Gamespy's vid) so I cant judge it... :rolleyes:

as for CS2, I hope it wont be as bad as CZ!!! u know.. the same CS only with bots and some lame missions... :hmph:
I want 2 see something new in CS2.. I dont care what but something new!!! :E

so.. what do u guys wish to see in CS2 and CS:S? :)

Look on the forum index lol...

There is a whole forum for this.... :cheers: :rolling:

I have read up as much as i can about Counterstrike Source and Counterstrike 2 and all the information about Cs-s not being cs-2, but no one has actually said what cs-2 is? Is it a single player game, the sequel to Condition Zero or is it an evolution of Cs-source i.e. a multiplayer game with new features that take full advantage of the new engine and physics, such as new maps, new weapons, vehicles, etc.

And i sincerely hope and pray that Counterstrike Source will have the proper weapon names and not crap like "Bull Pup" and the such.

Thankyou for reopening and moving it to the correct forum.

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Look on the forum index lol...

There is a whole forum for this.... :cheers: :rolling:
OMG!!!! lol.. sry guys... I geuss my search for a CS:S and CS2 threads was too short ^_^

Cz

nobody here has got a good opinion about CZ I think.
Well I think with the new update v1.2 it's a top game.
The hostages are realistic, you can finally pick up grenades (that's really awsome) and more player models. The game rocks now and if CS: Source has got all those things in better graphics that game will rock even more :)

bye,

Small thing: lots of people have a good opinion of CZ, they just aren't as vocal as the rest.

Lafie said:
nobody here has got a good opinion about CZ I think.
Well I think with the new update v1.2 it's a top game.
The hostages are realistic, you can finally pick up grenades (that's really awsome) and more player models. The game rocks now and if CS: Source has got all those things in better graphics that game will rock even more :)

bye,
yeah, I also think that the new CZ 1.2 is good (although I didnt see yet ^_^)

u can pick up grenades?!?! AWESOME!!! :E

My father bought CZ for the family, and it is an exceptionally good game, with the updates and stuff. But, I'm not sure if the £20 is justifiable. Still, as someone else in the family paid for it, I'm happy :)

-Angry Lawyer

CS2 will probably end up being what was originally planned from CZ - loads of new weapons for each side, new maps, new features, basically the next-gen version of CS.

Play4Fun said:
I did a little search but couldn't find a thread that really talks about CS:S or/and CS2 so I guess I'm the first one to do it :)

so what do u guys think about the new (and awesome ;)) CS we saw in this year's E3??
as for me, I had no complains except for the skins.. the AWP and the Deagle skins.. they look..well.. not THAT high quality IMO.. but I hope its only because of the low quality vid I saw (Gamespy's vid) so I cant judge it... :rolleyes:

)

We're shooting to have the weapon and player models high quality but still within reason for scalability. Of course, most of the models will change a lot before shipping.

Cliffe
VALVe

Hey cliffe - welcome to the forums :)

I've got a question for you - will there be any vehicles in CS:Source?

PiMuRho said:

Oh god...I hope not.

PiMuRho said:

Thanks for the welcome -- I appreciate it.

No plans for vehicles in CSS as of now. DoD Source seems like the more interesting vehicle (no pun intended) to experiment with them -- at least for now.

Cliffe
VALVe

Damn! I had fond memories of the APC on cs_siege :)

I'll see about getting your official orange forum title sorted, so people don't think you're a lowly peon, too.

Hey damn't...I want an orange forum title... :(

You'd better get a job with Valve then :)

So if I become a janitor there...I could get my own forum title... :D

Tr0n said:
So if I become a janitor there...I could get my own forum title... :D
All the janitor positions have been filled by Onions.

Welcome cliffe!

I would also LOVE to see iron-sighted weapons in DoD! I think this is one of the main reasons why CoD was so sucessful. It really gave you the feeling that you were holding the weapon. This plus the other upgrades that will be in DoD Source would finally do justice to how intense and epic WWII really was...

Back