CWMP: GSh-18

SidewinderX

Reaction score
This is the latest modle by Darg for Cold War: Melting Point. About 1400 triangles....

It was modeled in blender3d by him and rendered in 3dsMax by me, so any odd smoothing errors; blame me.

gsh 2.jpg

gsh 3.jpg

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
This is the latest modle by Darg for Cold War: Melting Point. About 1400 triangles....

It was modeled in blender3d by him and rendered in 3dsMax by me, so any odd smoothing errors; blame me.

gsh 2.jpg

gsh 3.jpg

thats a nice model is that :):)

weah, it'll be skinned :D.... maybe not in the near future.... but eventually.... :D

it wud b kool if dere waz n actual gud litesorce in da rendr.

try english.....

and there is a light source..... it's called a "skylight". It also know a GI.

weah, it'll be skinned :D.... maybe not in the near future.... but eventually.... :D

I think it looks great, looking forward to seeing it all skinned up.. hmm that could be taken out of context :D

g0rd0n fr33m4n: can you use proper english please? Cheers mate.

try english.....

and there is a light source..... it's called a "skylight". It also know a GI.
He's right, just a skylight isn't good enough to show off a model. It is nice when there is another light source, such as an omni light, to show all the different curves. The model looks good from what I can see though, I don't really know what the real gun looks like, but I'm sure it can't be far from that.

Originally posted by g0rd0n fr33m4n
it wud b kool if dere waz n actual gud litesorce in da rendr.

If you're talking like that in an attempt to be funny, it's not. If you type like that all of the time, perhaps it's time to learn how to communicate like a decent human being.

Anyway, the model looks good to me. The triangle count looks a little high for what it is, though. How about a wire shot so we can see where they're hiding? Aside from that, everything else looks nice. It may be a little thin, especially in the trigger and trigger guard area, but since I have never seen the weapon before I could be wrong.

don't have time to dfire up 3dsmax to rende roff a wireframe, but some of the polyies arre on th other sides, as the groves on the slide are modeled on that side too....

here are images ofn the real gun....

http://world.guns***/handguns/gsh18-l.jpg

looking good, you just need to tweak the trigger and a couple of other things. :cheers:

simmo, where did you get the original vid of him hitting himself, or did you just keyframe that yourself?

btw, sidewinder that looks very good. I can't wait to see it skinned.

Back