Dang Turrets!

P

pdchilders

Hey, anyone have trouble getting turrets to fight for you?

Not sure what I'm missing, but the bad guys just walk right past the turrets...Of course, when *I* walk in front of them, they shoot the $@#$ outta me...

Had to spike down the difficulty to EASY...OMG...

Anyhow, anyone know what I may be missing?

I looked for a patch for HL2, but can't find one...

HEEEELLLPP!

pdchilders said:
Hey, anyone have trouble getting turrets to fight for you?

Not sure what I'm missing, but the bad guys just walk right past the turrets...Of course, when *I* walk in front of them, they shoot the $@#$ outta me...

Had to spike down the difficulty to EASY...OMG...

Anyhow, anyone know what I may be missing?

I looked for a patch for HL2, but can't find one...

HEEEELLLPP!

You can't *get* them to fight for you anytime you want. There are a few situations where there are some turrets in storage or whatever that you have to set up to help you, but Alyx talks to you and tells you she's reprogramming those to attack Combine instead of you. But as for just regular turrets placed throughout the levels, I don't think you can get those to fight for you. Just knock them down and LEAVE them....

Yaaaa, I know that...steams me when she says to set em up, which I've done 10000000 times...set them at the top of the stairs to keep the goons off.

They just dont go off. Goons come up stairs, into lab and tear me a new one. If I forget and try to run around to shoot some goon, the turrets spring to life and tear me up.

Yeah, I pull them out of storage, just like Alyx tells me....Then the fun starts, without backup from the turrets.

Bug?

David

eatbugs said:
try using the cheat codes, that'll work
A: They aren't "cheat codes" they are console commands.
B: This doesn't solve his problem.
C: I like your avatar.

If you want my hint on getting through that stage, look at the spolier. The tactic worked on medium difficulty.

If you are talking about the part where you have combine comming from about 4 directions and you have i think 3 or 4 turrets (when you jump down in the jail cell deally), then you can try my tactic which was barracade yourself. When facing the lockers with the turrets off to the left there is an open door about 3/4ths the way down with supplies in it. set up the turrets in an arc. One to the left gate, one to the hallway directly in line with the door, and one to the right gate. It allows you to assist the turrets and to prevent the Combine from nading them.

how is that going to help him when turrets don't work?
do people even read the threads anymore?

AI sucks in this, thanks god I never had this kind of problems.

Thanks for all the input...couldnt get them to work, so played that @#$#@$ on EASY and passed through it.

Turrets DID work when Alyx was getting that teleporter up, and I had to keep the goons off...Turrets rock when they work.

Challenge to anyone: Try that part where you have to defend the lab without turrets, and make sure difficulty is set to hard. I couldnt do it...

Another thing that was weird...once they fell down, I couldn't stand them back up...

Annnnyyhoww...bug bug bug bug bug bug bug bug

David

This may sound crazy but no-one else has mentioned it...

Are you sure you are pointing them in the right direction - ie facing TOWARDS the enemies. This is the only reason I can think of that would stop them from activating when the combine come into view.

If you have them pointing in towards YOU - they would ignore the combine because they only have a 90 degree arc of fire - and hence not be able to detect them coming. They would however, detect you very well if you are standing inside the detection arcs.

Just a thought.

It doesn't matter which way the turrets are facing.
Once they have been reprogrammed, they will not shoot you.

Doesn't matter the direction or difficulty level.

Simple thing to do:

Take one of them out with a gravity gun and hold it. Then slip back into the place where you picked up the turret from while still holding it. When the combine come to shoot you, the turrets shoot them in the head and because you are between walls and all, the angle of the turret will always point at the combines when they show up...

Unlegit version! AI does not fail on this game and its not like its something that depends on how your computer is set up, its just game code so this sounds like hes playing the pirate version.

c0Lt-a-MaF0nE said:
Simple thing to do:

Take one of them out with a gravity gun and hold it. Then slip back into the place where you picked up the turret from while still holding it. When the combine come to shoot you, the turrets shoot them in the head and because you are between walls and all, the angle of the turret will always point at the combines when they show up...
Did you even read his post?
Unlegit version! AI does not fail on this game and its not like its something that depends on how your computer is set up, its just game code so this sounds like hes playing the pirate version.
Shut up, thousands of people have experienced this issue with legitimate versions.

Flyingbig said:

How dense are you? bugs happen!

This sounds like a script bug, and ive heard about quite a few of them. Its easy for something to go screwy when the scipts are as complex as they are in hl2

Back