Dawn of the Dead!

Korgoth

Reaction score
So who is stoked to go see this film? I know I am, I love zombie movies, this one looks like its going to kick major butt, what do you think? The zombie makeup and design from what i've see looks excellent :p

The first 10 minutes of Dawn of the Dead are going to be on USA Network Monday March 15th. Its going to be all uncensored uncut awesomeness.

Oh snap i didn't know that! I'll have to check that out, do you know what time?

lol... The original Dawn of the Dead is a classic... Im really looking forward to this one

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about this one... It seems like a creepy experience.. Anyone see that preview, where that girl Vivian is roller blading, then the clock turns to 6:37 and she is a zombie and all creepiness blah..?

I'll probably watch it, but it'll take a lot to beat the original. And apparantly aren't the zombies more 28 days later than dawn of the dead now? All fast moving n stuff, which I think spoils the whole Zombie thing really. Aliens are fast moving and don't feel much pain. Zombies are slow and in great numbers and next to imopssible to stop.

Oh well, its another for the collection at any rate

Edit: ok just seen the trailer from a previous post for Shaun of the dead.. ok now that one is a must see lol

yeah lol I have to see that shuan of the dead lol
Are the zombies fast moving? I haven't really seen any running or anything in the trailers i've seen. I hope they aren't but i guess i could live with it if they are... The original was awesome, so they made remakes of night of the living dead (the best yet) dawn of the dead (coming soon) i wonder if they will remake day of the dead? that was a pretty sweet one as well...
Yeah jhan2k4 I've seen that preview, i thought it was something different at first then it started showing zombies and stuff and i was like oh hell yeah!

It looks like they run in packs, but not unnaturally fast.. Just like to run, get some exercise, eat some brains..

MistaB said:
lol... The original Dawn of the Dead is a classic... Im really looking forward to this one

I won't go see this one for exactly that reason. You shouldn't remake GOOD movies! Remake the bad ones, the ones that should be remade because they sucked the first time! Some examples of remaking good movies:

1. Planet of the Apes
2. Psycho
3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
4. Shaft
5. Godzilla (the one w/Matthew Brodderick)
6. Thunderball
7. You've Got Mail (orignially Around the Corner)
8. Ocean's 11

What do all these movies have in common? They are crap compared to the originals! All these are from just the last 10 years or so, there seems to be a trend forming. STOP THE MADNESS HOLLYWOOD!

Innervision961 said:
yeah lol I have to see that shuan of the dead lol
Are the zombies fast moving? I haven't really seen any running or anything in the trailers i've seen. I hope they aren't but i guess i could live with it if they are... The original was awesome, so they made remakes of night of the living dead (the best yet) dawn of the dead (coming soon) i wonder if they will remake day of the dead? that was a pretty sweet one as well...
Yeah jhan2k4 I've seen that preview, i thought it was something different at first then it started showing zombies and stuff and i was like oh hell yeah!
Someone will probably try remake Day of the Dead one day. Or possibly remake it closer to the original script (which I can't decide if it would be a good idea or not)

I do agree with DarkStar on this too, shouldn't they be remaking bad movies trying to make them good rather than remaking classics and possibly struggling to be anything like the original

I'm also surprised he included Planet of the Apes as a good movie series.. Not one person agree's with me on that. I guess you have to watch all the films to "get it", as the story arc with them is actually pretty nicely done, and I for one didn't see it coming when I had only seen the first one.

Well they remade the original night of the living dead and it turned out great....
Hopefully this one will follow suite, all they have to do is stay true to the source material, think of it kind of like an upgrade... They just upgrade the visuals and keep the plot points and sequences close to where they should be.. :E

OMG....I actually want to see Shaun of the Dead more than the real one. :D

I guess I'm the only one here that think this...

This movie looks really, really lame...

I watched Resident Evil...extremely disappointed... This looks like it will be taking the same route for me.

By the way, the new Ocean's 11 is awesome..you're right about all the other remakes though...they suck.

Innervision961 said:
Well they remade the original night of the living dead and it turned out great....
Hopefully this one will follow suite, all they have to do is stay true to the source material, think of it kind of like an upgrade... They just upgrade the visuals and keep the plot points and sequences close to where they should be.. :E
There was two, the night of the living dead B&W err 'rehash' with the added new scenes mingled with enhanced original footage and audio. Which wasn't too bad but was a bit strange. Then a color one with the very cute Patricia Tallman, apparantly the zombies in that one are more realistic out of all the films as they'd finally got around to studying how flesh rots. I've seen it but it was a very long time ago now so can't remember it much.

Sorry for not posting the time that the first 10 minutes will be shown but its going to be at 8pm EST

Fenric said:
I'm also surprised he included Planet of the Apes as a good movie series.. Not one person agree's with me on that. I guess you have to watch all the films to "get it", as the story arc with them is actually pretty nicely done, and I for one didn't see it coming when I had only seen the first one.

Are you kidding me? Me and all my friends LOVE the original Planet of the Apes. There's just something so deliciously twisted and spooky about that series. Trust me, we are not alone. I still can't believe that someone as talented as Tim Burton ****ed it up so hard. Just goes to show, even extremely skilled directors can't remake good movies successfully.

AmishSlayer said:
By the way, the new Ocean's 11 is awesome..you're right about all the other remakes though...they suck.

Have you ever seen the original Rat Pack version. Much better IMO, although you are right, the remake was halfway decent.

Which Dead movie took place in some sort of underground military base?

I think that was #3 out of that series of zombie movies.
Don't know the title though. :p

i know resident evil was probably considered low quality, but i enjoyed it. Something appeals to me about easy to kills targets and the challenge lies in the massive number of enemy. Gives it more of a creepy helpless feeling. This movie looks good but the zombies do run as fast which is disappointing :(

Ive heard alot of ppl mention the phrase's [remake or ripoff] of an original but in this case with such a good feeding frenzy like eating brains who could resist.. So far all of the [Dead] movies have been good each bringing something new. :thumbs:

I wont goto the movies to see it, but will rent a tape or wait till it comes out on cinimax, show or somthing like that even possibly TV.

DarkStar said:
Are you kidding me? Me and all my friends LOVE the original Planet of the Apes. There's just something so deliciously twisted and spooky about that series. Trust me, we are not alone. I still can't believe that someone as talented as Tim Burton ****ed it up so hard. Just goes to show, even extremely skilled directors can't remake good movies successfully.
Even Tim Burton admits his Planet of the Apes remake stank. A remake could have been done really well of it too, but I imagine he had a lot of interfearance from producers and such with their own idea's.. Kinda like what happened to the Time Machine (which is another that should have been left well alone)

-

Jon - yeah, thats what I loved about those movies. One or two were dangerous, then they'd gradually swell in numbers and eventually you'd be screwed with so many, even though they were moving slowly they were still very dangerous. It made such a change from fast moving enemies that could outsmart you. These were slow and would just keep coming, wouldn't crawl into airducts or trick you, they'd just keep coming. The story arc was also very well done. At first it was just a few, easily dealt with, then a few months later in Dawn, there were more and things were beginning to get pretty serious, by the end most of society had crumbled to nothing. I think its six months later in Day and there's little to nothing left of humanity. Romero got it all perfect, the way everything gets out of hand, the reaction from society as things get worse very quickly. Makes you wonder what would have come next. The dead would continue to rot away so it would stand to reason eventually the menace from them would be over. Unless whatever caused it somehow preserved them far longer than they would have normally.

-

I happened to think Resident Evil was pretty good. I didn't think I'd enjoy it, saw it mentioned a lot on here so thought meh might aswell give it a chance and found it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I'm guessing the second one might be more zombie related though, which should be a lot of fun

I like the way that the RE movie gave us an origin for the Nemesis.

My friend used to rave on and on about all his favourite zombie movies. Which is the one with the scene in it where they kill the ambulance drivers, then the zoms call up the hospital on the radio and say something like "Ssssennnnd mmmmmorrrrrre Brrrrraaaaainnnnsssss!"?

I'm pretty sure the one in the underground base is Day of the Dead, haven't seen it in a while though.

Back