Decadence Released

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
A day many of us have looked forward to is here, Decadence mod is now available for download. 'Decadence has been in development for over one and a half years by a small group of University students, and the time has finally come to unveil the mod for the rest of the community'
It's been a very
interesting experience to develop Decadence, and we're really proud of the end result. We hope you all will enjoy it as much as we did developing it! From everyone in the Decadence Development Team: Thank you for the support and patience! So, what are you waiting for? Go download Decadence, we'll see you in-game!
This is a mod we've been keeping track of for a long time and looks really good fun, I suggest everyone downloads this and tries it out. Decadence can be downloaded here on the [url=http://www.decadencemod.com/]Decadence website.[/url][br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

Oh noes, sorry about the website being so slow guys. It just started acting up... great timing right :)

Also, worth to point out. This mod is ONLY 2v2, that means if you join a server with 4 or more players in, you will spectate the map (and join a slot when it becomes available). If you want to play ASAP, join a server with 3 or less players.

And yes, its ONLY 2v2 atm :)

Cheers!

Edit: Also join a server with less than 150 in ping, EP1 engines hit boxes might act up if you play with high ping. If you can't find a good server, host one yourself. It's simple and since the game only needs 4 players, its quite cheap on your system.

Any mirrors for the download, Majestic? The website is not opening at all for me. I guess there's so much traffic :D

If you can get me the torrent file, I can seed at 1-2mbps up for as long as you want :) cheers on the release, I know you and your team have been working on this for ages, it must feel great to be at this milestone.

The site is up again :) We tried to calculate the ranks for all the players to put it on the site... guess it was a bit too much to ask from the webserver :)

We'll get it some other way!

Just been playing on a server for about 30 minutes, its really good fun. Big emphasis on team work, despite there only being two of you. You'll get destroyed if you split up. The light class has a tranquilliser like dart which slows enemies down and throws off their aim. Really useful to follow up with the heavy class machine gun.

He has a massive charge burst of bullets which can really hurt if you run around a corner straight into it. Reviving team mates is really great, and the map designs are the best I've played on in any mod. Not overly complex, logical in lay out. I've learnt 2 maps perfectly after playing on them for 5 minutes. The art style for the maps too is unlike any other mod and really ties it together nicely.

Great job.

From the screens it reminds me of Fallout 3 (the look) I'll definitely have to check out the game play.

Not much of a mod. It's basically a very slow paced version of Unreal Tournaments Warefare/Onslaught mode. The limited player count is a big turn off too. This may work with friends but it sucks on public servers. A rather hyped up mod. There seem to be plenty of them these days.
Kudos to the voice actors though.

Really like the look of this. Will be sure to try it soon.

I downloaded it earlier and will be playing once I get home...anybody want to join?

Me and my friend gave it a try. It's not really good at all. I mean it looks nice and all, just not my type of mod I guess.

Gave it ago, but not for me as its current game, would like to see:

- Atleast 4 v 4
- Reduced respawn times.
- Skins that are easier to tell teams apart.

Too slow for my tastes, but great art and presentation.

I didn't really like the mod, it's just not my type.
I mean it looks good and I liked the effect when you die, but
the characters are not really fast (even though you can sprint)
and I didn't like the weapons.
A higher jump would definitely improve the gameplay experience

btw, you forgot the change the 'X' on the released mods to 'V'
http://www.halflife2.net/mods

My share ratio on this mod's torrent is 12 right now, cheers. I think to really enjoy this mod it's essential to be playing with people you know, sort of like L4D. We should set up some HL2net matches :)

I have changed my mind about the mod!
it's actually quite fun, especially when you play with friends :)!

Back