Deleted Caroline Message [Spoilers]

Avver

Reaction score
I searched for the topic around the forums so it seems that no one posted a thread about it. I was doing some google searches on Caroline and GLaDOS when I stumbled upon on this video.

The last couple of lines are the unused ones. where Caroline was probably either arguing about being turned into GLaDOS or while the process of it. From the video I also found a quote from Valve explaining why they didn't use the script.

These are some lines from a recording where Caroline was forcibly turned into GLaDOS. Ellen cried when she recorded them, and JK Simmons refused to read his lines because it seemed too much like rape to him. We agreed;

"No listen to me! Sir, I do not want this."
"I do not want this!"
"Mr. Johnson, I don't want this!"
"Cave, I'm begging you, don't! Please!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
*GLaDOS voice* "I am awake. And I am going to kill you all."

I'm not sure if this is the entire conversation that Caroline had since in the quote it just says that these are some lines of the dialouge. Anyways I thought this was interesting because it may be a small clue towards the timeline. Especially judging from the last verse.

Wow, thanks for sharing this. AI butt rape! *I cannot find a credible source for that quote though. I'm e-mail'ing Valve about it or else it's just a rumor.

Be sure to post their reply, if the quote is real then they might release more of the conversation.

Edit: I was on the half life wiki and searched Caroline. A certain section mentioned this: Some of Caroline's lines not used in the game can be found in the game files. In most of them, she seems to be addressing Cave, desperately insisting to him that she does not want to be transferred into the A.I. [/I

I don't have the game yet, so I can't look at the game files, but if someone would want to maybe they would find something.

Be sure to post their reply, if the quote is real then they might release more of the conversation.

Edit: I was on the half life wiki and searched Caroline. A certain section mentioned this: Some of Caroline's lines not used in the game can be found in the game files. In most of them, she seems to be addressing Cave, desperately insisting to him that she does not want to be transferred into the A.I. [/I

I don't have the game yet, so I can't look at the game files, but if someone would want to maybe they would find something.

The lines in the video posted by the OP are the deleted ones in the game files.

This seems to imply that downloading someone into an AI isn't so much making a copy of their personality, but rather transferring their mind into the computer and therefore 'killing' them? Interesting that they'd portray it like that, particularly when Cave talks about storing someone's mind on a disc like they do with music; sounds more like a backup or copy to me.

Or maybe they don't want to be used forever in a computer like some enshrinement?

Anybody else want to try? Usually Gabe replies with a yes, no or one word answer. Guess this time I wasn't so lucky for a response back.

Would it be possible to email Ellen or J.K. Simmons?

Anybody else want to try? Usually Gabe replies with a yes, no or one word answer. Guess this time I wasn't so lucky for a response back.

"They were too dark for the game", Chet said.

So did GLaDOS try to kill the Aperture employes right after the startup because they had forced her - Caroline - to the "transfer" and made her angry?

I REALLY am not pleased about this being removed. I want an official explanation on why this audio clip than made me teary eyed had to go.

Try reading the thread.

I did. I'm seeing a bunch of quotes with NO SOURCE from people with no credibility.

The keyword in my post is "official".

I mean, the reason I liked the first Portal was because of how well it blended rib-tickling humor and a deep, emotional storyline. Portal 2 was very funny, and it possibly topped the original in terms of humor, but it missed its chance to also top the original in terms of emotion.

You're not a moderator. You're not a scientist. You're not even a full-time employee.

I REALLY am not pleased about this being removed. I want an official explanation on why this audio clip than made me teary eyed had to go.
I want an explanation on how your mom got those bruises on her chin last night.

WAIT
WAIT

HOLD THE PRESSES

GlaDOS says "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO----I'm awake, and I'm going to kill you all"?

WHERE IS THE SOURCE.

WHERE IS THE AUDIO CLIP.

Tell me so I can spread this around!

bump

Is there a source for this? If so, this is BIG news. It not only explains why GlaDOS flooded the enrichment center with neurotoxins, but it reveals that removing the scene not only meant removing a big, emotional scene, but also removing an important chunk of information.

I regret not reading the entire post at the beginning.

But once we get an audio clip for this, then we have our reason for GlaDOS' mass murder spree. This would mean cutting out this scene meant cutting out a very important part of the game.

Once I have an audio clip or some other kind of source verifying this audio, I can spread it around the internet and make the entire world IMPLODE. I don't think you guys realize how big this could be. It could rock the fandom. It could rock the perception of the canon.

If there was a source for it it would have rocked the internet already. It doesn't exist.

I regret not reading the entire post at the beginning.

You've just quadruple posted in this thread. While I'm sure you're very excited about rocking the fandom with this integral and utterly important sound clip (although you would think that if it was canon, and important, it would be in the game, right?) please refrain from multi-posting in order to 'bump' your threads.

I just came upon this line myself, and, rather than post a duplicate thread on the same topic, I thought I'd bring this one back up. In Googling this, I didn't see anything from Valve, merely some of the audio clips and bits and pieces of discussion, so should I assume that we still haven't any more info about this?

Back