Demo Screenshots and experiences.

Asuka

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Yup. Thread says it all!

Mine is decrypting right now.

damn, I'M in class right now. How can I even stay concentrated when I know that it's unlocked at home!! Damn damn damn damn damn!

The server options they created for this game are amazing!

Great game.

Graphics weren't the best.. but that doesn't really matter.

My only problem at the minute is most people who are playing it are from the US due to the 'exclusive early demo release'... so i'm getting alot of lag when playing online.

Btw, hunting rifle is :D

had no idea there would be a demo, that's awesome

at work **** ****

must go home must go home.

:)

The game is absolutely marvelous in multiplayer, but a major letdown in singleplayer, mostly because the humans AI in singleplayer is uncapable of acting on its own, all they do is follow you around and shoot zombies and heal you and others, they can't use grenades, molotovs or such.. They can't wander off on their own or such..

I just beat it in expert with 3 others.

AMAZING.

Demo is short though. =(

Yeah, those two maps fly by.

Definitely fun, though. :) The, what was it, impossible? difficulty will be very interesting...

6hours and 50minutes to go! Yey for Steams content servers.

I try to preload the game for the public demo but clicking 'Install' simply refreshes the page. :|

Man, talk about the ultimate LAN party game. This is just great.

Low health and expert makes Bill a scared panda!

l4d_dem_hospital02_subway0000.jpg

I do feel like two maps was maybe just a bit too few. I think three maps would have been a better taste. As it is now, it feels like you've barely gotten rolling when the game ends. You've just started to feel the burn. With just two maps, expert is the only way to have a real challenge provided you have a reasonably experienced team. From what I've seen, however, expert can get really hard as you progress. But there's just not enough time for that to happen.

I also feel like the bots are such good teammates that they actually artificially lower the level of difficulty. They lack the human propensity to overlook the obvious -- like that tongue strangling the guy behind you. Or to wander off into an ambush.

Mind you, I expect to have a much better time when we get some stable servers up, but that's my first impression.

A lot of fun playing with friends :)

Some of the coolest parts are when everyone is taken down except you, you're low on health, you have to fight off the horde, AND go get your buddies. You feel all like "Oh yeahhh"

Tavvy took down that Tank all by himself like a bitch :D

The game is absolutely marvelous in multiplayer, but a major letdown in singleplayer, mostly because the humans AI in singleplayer is uncapable of acting on its own, all they do is follow you around and shoot zombies and heal you and others, they can't use grenades, molotovs or such.. They can't wander off on their own or such..

Yeah, pretty much. Like being Gordon Freeman with a group of rebels.

Are we talking the round where you died twice? :naughty:

*Pushes you* No! I just get taken out so much because I take the brute opposition for all you nilly nannies!

I'm talking about the one where toaster, druckles, and i all got taken out in the basement by a tank, and then taviow killed it and found us in the closet.

But man, you were not there, at the subway station I took down a boomer, a smoker, and an entire horde by myself and then rescued everyone from one of the closets where they were probably making sexy time.

*Pushes you* No! I just get taken out so much because I take the brute opposition for all you nilly nannies!

I'm talking about the one where toaster, druckles, and i all got taken out in the basement by a tank, and then taviow killed it and found us in the closet.

But man, you were not there, at the subway station I took down a boomer, a smoker, and an entire horde by myself and then rescued everyone from one of the closets where they were probably making sexy time.

Pffft. You're only trying to make me jealous because I didn't get to the server in time. D:

My pc has a hard time running it, but it's a very good game. Can't wait to experiment it lag free.

This.

When they were talking about the newly developed and amazing AI I didn't think that this would mean the 3 of them just standing behind you waiting for you to move. :/

Other than that, it's absolutely positively mind-freaking awesome. Online > SP, but that was to be expected. This game pwns. HARD.

So I've played it, and I can't help but feel a bit disappointed. :/

It feels more like a mod than an actual game. The gameplay is fast and intense, but I have a feeling it will get repetitive pretty quickly. The graphics are not as good as I thought they'd be (however, the blood and gore is exceptional). I'm not getting that good of a framerate either. The AI that drives the zombies is pretty good but average for the computer-controlled allies.

Maybe zombie shooters just aren't my thing, but my hopes aren't that high for me enjoying L4D. I'm going to try the multiplayer next and see if that's any better.

It's awesome. I love how when you shut a door they break holes in it and reach through lol.

On the hardest setting it is just insane but what really makes this game is 4 people all with microphones, it's loads of fun. :D

It's awesome. I love how when you shut a door they break holes in it and reach through lol.

On the hardest setting it is just insane but what really makes this game is 4 people all with microphones, it's loads of fun. :D

Exactly. I just got out of a server where 3 of us spent like 1.5-2 hours trying to beat Expert. We kept getting terrible teammates that'd inexplicably try out expert right off the bat. They'd kill us, activate the switch way too early, and do other dumb shit - so we kept kicking them.

Eventually we got a good 4th and made it to the end. There was a witch chilling on the last set of stairs that scared the shit out of us. As if that wasn't enough, the AI threw a boomer, hunter AND smoker at us from the rear at the exact same time. We won, but damn that was epic.

Can't wait for VS mode :D

BTW, open the console and type "openserverbrowser" if you don't already know about it. Sure as hell beats the 360-style matchmaking.

I'll try and get a game in with you Amish, saw you playing but was full.

Would love to beat Expert.

This game is seriously pants-wettingly fun!

I've been playing with 2 or 3 of my friends and we've had voice-comms over vent and its amazing. We've all ended up screaming down the microphones for help. I'm really getting into it!

I love the AI Director too. It's an evil bastard at times! :D Every game need an AI Director!

So much fun, had some good games with eejit, pesh, lucid etc. earlier tonight. We battled through fine on the normal settings but expert is yet to be conquered. It's really tricky the swarming and the hiding boomers are truly terrifying.

In the last game I played, we made it to the 2nd half on the train tracks, all of us with a few bars of health, all living on pills. Couple of shotgun shells left, and on our 3rd knock downs. I saw some more pills ahead and I hobbled for them. I got vomited on by a boomer then punched in the face. Over. The other two guys got attacked by a hunter and smoker simultaneously and the sad music came on :(

Holy crap this game is fast paced and insane D:

So so so so much fun. Normal is too easy.. advanced is just right, that's when the director really spices things up. Having a big fight from the train tracks having took on 2 tanks, we made it to the last bit in the generator room where lots of zombies came at us mixed in with smokers and hunters. We all heard a witcher, but nowhere to be seen. I was yelling on the mic come on dudes the safe zone is just right there let's go, because who knows what might come behind us wit our low health, so I lead the way upstairs and lo n behold a witch is waiting right at the front of the safe room she jumped on me and tore me to pieces. What a surprise, so intense and fun though.

Me and Druckles and toaster and some other guy just completed it on Expert. After about an hour and a half trying to complete the second half of the level, we finally made it, Druckles and I just hobbling over the finish line. The reason it was just Druckles and I? We all had no health and Druckles decided to shoot toaster and the other guy and nearly shoot me when the swarm came.

But the official reason put on the documentation was that they were slowing us down and had to be shot.

I actually started giggling uncontrollably when I heard Druckles say down the mic "OH ****! I JUST SHOT EVERYONE" then he kept shooting anyway and I was being strangled by a Smoker.

Love this game. :E

Wont mention the servers as everyones aware of it!

Played through a few times now, it really is unpredictable, you cant setup somwhere because you expect somthing to happen, the director almost consiously decides to screw you over. I agree that Advanced is the best for normal fun, and Expert likes to pound you repeatedly till you cry, the Tank always seems to show up at the worst possible times!

The weapons and combat are so satisfying, everything seems tuned to be awsome, the director almost seems to spawn more infected just to make your pipebombs more bloody.

While the two maps are short (the subway level is a bit longer in the full game), I kinda forget about having played them before, your just to busy wondering when the next swarm is gonna hit you, cant wait to have the fun and challenge of playing through the full 5 map campaigns.

:p, LOVE this game already, so much lulz is to be had if you all have teamspeak and the teamplay is so good. The director cann add such nightmarish mayhem to a situation & can give you some great, panic striken moments. I loved getting pwnt from behind by smokers in amongst a horde rush. Flailing with your pistol whilst down at other striken comrades is fing win. rescue feature can be cruel though, as can self pwning on expert. watch where you point that thing boyo

nov 18th (fingers crossed) should be sweet&scary

Been playing all day with Kamikazie, Eejit, Hectic Glenn, Pitz, Lucid, Sliver, Rogue Trooper, Ren, Cybrman, Acid, and a bunch of other hl2netters through all of the difficulties. Managed to beat it on Expert once, but we had an easy director.

Once server issues are cleared up, this game will be butt **** loads of fun.

I've managed to beat it on expert only once too. Which I'm very happy about! Glad I can't just sail through the game!

Is impossible mode the same as expert? On the server browser in the tags section some servers show impossible mode. Played one just for over an hour and half and couldn't beat the director at all!

Also, pretty impressed I'm still having fun after playing the same two levels for hours on end and still not bored!

Valves really done well with this, the director is so well done too.

Can't wait to play the rest of this masterpiece!

Back