Demo

Shodan

Tank
Reaction score
I think that VALVe will release an official demmo this time, how could they not?:borg:

why would they need to? their first game was extremely popular even without a demo to hype it. HL2 is highly anticipated, so they won't need a demo to prove they can make a great game.

no way at all possible...The amount of people that will buy this game is probably well over a million..and just the way it goes 100,000 of them wont like it probably, if they release a demo before the game comes out thats 100,000($500,000) of lost profits

Originally posted by Shodan
I think that VALVe will release an official demmo this time, how could they not?:borg:

nah.. they don't need to go through all the trouble making a beta.

Originally posted by Shockwave
no way at all possible...The amount of people that will buy this game is probably well over a million..and just the way it goes 100,000 of them wont like it probably, if they release a demo before the game comes out thats 100,000($500,000) of lost profits

LOL.. 1 million.. HL2 will be a big disappointment if only sells just over a million.. and I am sure that if the game is as great as it appears that a demo would only make those 100,000 doubters buy the game without waiting for a review first.

Demos sell if they are good, but kill a game if they suck. Breed demo is a big example, very anticipated game til the demo shot it all to hell.

Being able to play the tech demo in HL2 would be enough for me to tide me over til the release :cheese:

i wouldnt want a demo, would totally and utterly ruin the game to come.

what i do want however is just enough info/video/screen shots to tide me over

SD

Gabe Newell allready said in an interview that no Demo would be released before the game is. BUT one is likely to come out after the game like with the original.

It dont mater nehow. THe time is growing nearer everyday.

lol I had a dream HL2 demo was out on Steam and we played it heh

I pretty sure he confirmed a demo, just after release. Which I am glad. If it came out as pre-release, I would overplay it and then Half-Life 2 wouldnt be too much of a supprise for me...

Yeah, I am 100% that Gabe said there would be no demo before release!

Only 3 months.
90 days.sv_cheats 1, ~, timespeed -90 days, HALF-LIFE 2 RELASED :cheese: :dork: :borg:

Originally posted by David
Only 3 months.
90 days.sv_cheats 1, ~, timespeed -90 days, HALF-LIFE 2 RELASED :cheese: :dork: :borg:

:LOL:

To me, yeah,like most of you, would ruin the game to me. But, if they did release the demo, I would still download it and screw what I said earlier-Lolz:afro:

if there was a demo legal or other-wize I would download and play it till the real game comes out.

Originally posted by Shodan

William?

They do not need a demo. This game is going to be tremendous.

PunisheR

Me too.
Demo is just a half version, alpha or beta,DOOM 3 alpha is suck

I have friends that don't play PC games, have never played Half-Life, barely even know what it's about or who Valve is, yet know that they MUST buy this game for their X-box.

Valve doesn't need a demo. But god it'd be nice to tide us over.
I'll settle for the SDK though.
Yesterday please.

a demo would spoil HL2, although i don't think it would decrease the amount of sales by much because the amount of people who buy it is going to be so high!

"Uplink" (the hl1 demo) didn't ruin HL1. i was a completely different level. and it didn't let onto the real story.

I wouldn't mind a demo of a level that's totally unrelated to the actual game. And if not an actual demo, then I wouldn't mind a tech demo displaying all the great things that the engine can do.

lol.. for ut2003 and doom3 there are alll threads with images edited with text like "we want teh demo", and "gimme dah demo now!".

I guess if we would make a thread like that here then there are all kind off text like "we dont need teh demo", "screw the demo. it spoils", "No demo = teh win!" etc.

Uplink wasn't released until months after HL1 retail.

Back