Diablo 3? What's Blizzard up to?

Z

zeppelin_7

I was bored and was surfing around my favorite game developers and i noticed that blizzard is hiring for about 20 positions. Many of them are top notch developing jobs and are in the section of Blizzard North. For those of us who remember Blizzard North made Diablo 2. I was wondering if anyone knew or had any ideas what this massive hiring means? Will Diablo 3 or Starcraft 2 be next? I dunno but this is great news to me!!!! :)

Yeah...this was posted a while back. But, all we can do is speculate. Hopefully our speculation proves to be right on the nose. ;)

From Gamespot

RUMOR #5: Blizzard is hiring developers for Diablo III.
Source: A job listing on Blizzard's Web site.
The official story: "We can't comment. Sorry!"--A nice-but-reticent Blizzard rep.
What we heard: While many people consider the hack-and-slash-happy World of Warcraft to be Diablo's spiritual successor, that hasn't stopped rumors about an outright sequel from circulating. That speculation spiked this week when Blizzard posted a job listing for "an experienced Game Designer to help lead the team that designed Diablo and Diablo II." Besides the requisite experience, Blizzard would like said designer to have "Experience working on RPG titles." Given that description, the Diablo III theory would seem like a logical conclusion, even though Blizzard won't even acknowledge the game's existence. But given the Diablo series' legendary status, development of a new installment would seem to be an inevitability, if not already an open secret.
Bogus or not bogus?: Probably not bogus.
By Tor Thorsen -- GameSpot
POSTED: 02/11/05 06:24 PM PST

From these forums

Loke said:
Sorry if this been posted before.

Look here: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/

Hm...

Thanks to Borys.

other threads.

It's been noticed. Try using search.

Blizzard is split up into 2 companies.
Blizzard HQ(Warcraft, Starcraft)
Blizzard North(Diablo)

Only the positions under BLIZZARD NORTH you can count for.

Obviously they can work on 2 games this way.
So im pretty sure D3 would be in the making aswell as Sc2.(Considering with Sc:G they are not making it just out of game cinamatics and annoucments... Swinging Apes does most of the other stuff).

Blizzard usually dosn't annouce things right away. So obviously there making something or it will be made.

So I can assure you that blizzard is always working on something. They just made World of Warcraft no need to speculate on what there going to be working on next. Blizzard North can work on Diablo 3, Blizzard HQ can do Sc2.

Simple.

Back