Did I solve it correctly?

Baratos

Reaction score
So after an hour, I managed to jump inside the vent near the end of the game that is halfway above the ground. I placed an orange portal on the ground, and the blue one slightly above and to the left of the vent. I spent an hour jumping through the orange portal and adjusting the blue one, until I managed to go out the blue portal SIDEWAYS. Not entirely sure how I did that, but I got over my shock and crouched just in time to catch myself on the lip of the vent.

I get the feeling that was not the way the puzzle was supposed to be solved--there was no thinking, just fiddling with portals until something impossible happened. So how exactly was I supposed to go about the puzzle?

That sounds like a very difficult way :) But you solved it and that's what matters right?

Any way is correct as long as you didn't cheat like that n00b who created the thread about the challenge calling him a cheat!
:D

If you did it, you solved it correctly! Alternative solutions include leading a missile to break the cube tube, or stacking chairs found in the office.

I just grabbed a chair and stepped on it, then jumped into the vent. But your way works too...

Haha. according to the commentary, the "correct" way was to break the tube and get the cube... But ya, I stacked up computers... all the while thinking "this can't be right..."

Haha. according to the commentary, the "correct" way was to break the tube and get the cube... But ya, I stacked up computers... all the while thinking "this can't be right..."
Yay, I made it the "correct" way :cheers:

I stacked up 2 computers & just managed to get in that way. Didn't think of breaking the glass to get a tube. Ingenious.

Back