Digi Camera - what should i get?

sabre0001

Reaction score
Hello all...hoping to get a digital camera and i was wondering what is a good one...looking for decent - good quality at a fairly low price...any suggestions are welcome

sabre0001 said:
Hello all...hoping to get a digital camera and i was wondering what is a good one...looking for decent - good quality at a fairly low price...any suggestions are welcome
No recommendations really other than keep saving up, the decent ones are quite pricy but for the most part worth it. Don't bother going for ones with fancy features on though, just look for high res (not that interpolated crap some try palm off as high res) long battery life, and depending what you plan on taking lots of pictures of, a decent zoom or macro focus. Anything else isn't really worth it unless you go right up into the highest price range.

Make sure its optical zoom. More optical zoom is more important than digital zoom.

Are you going on a shopping spree or what Sabre?

Ok just asked a friend, she uses a Canon Powershot A40, the quality is really good on it, if thats any help hehe.

I personally would go with canon, nikon or fuji.
my friend has fuji finepix S5000 Z - very good camera, 3.1 MP, 10x optical zoom.

here's a site with great reviews - lot's of details and comparisons
http://www.dpreview.com/

Back