Disabling video card

D

Digital Bliss

The pc is a hp(os) 7850 and the video card is a intel i810 how would i go about disabling it?You would think their would be jumpers but noooooo or mabey even a setting in the bios but their is'nt.

Dont give up, look better in bios. On my old PC disableing was a piece of cake. Btw you cant disable it with jumpers.
I got an idea..if its all useless try to figure out how to unpower it unless its built into the mobo

You should be able to disable it through "device manager".

If you're running Windows 98, which I'm assuming you are sinse you're using the i810 chipset, just right click "my computer", click "properties", and locate "device manager". It will be in there somwhere, I don't remember exactly where sinse I haven't used 98 in a while.

Once you're in device manager, locate "display adapter", and expand that to show your graphics device. Once that's shown, right-click on it, and hit "disable"

Again, all the steps I gave you may be a little different, since I'm using XP, but it should be very similar to that. Try that and see what happens.

I should have elaborated on my system it's a 933 256ram and the card is intergrated. I know for a fact that their is no option in the bios. It's been a while since I have messed around with it but with all this talk of half-life 2 i need to upgrade it besides i can't play most of todays games. The last time I atempted to do that with the device manager i completly lost my video thus causing me to format and reninstall. Thanks for the advice if you have more information please tell me .

Back