DIY Costumes, Cosplays, and Props

Ikagara

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
With Halloween around the corner, I thought it be cool if we had a thread to share Costumes, Cosplays, and Props that we got, or have made.

Last Halloween i made myself an HEV suit to cosplay as Gordon Freeman during a pumpkin chopping event at the dojo. Photo 1 | Photo 2 | Photo 3 Unfortuently no one knew who Gordon Freeman was really. i was a bit disipointed.

The suit was bulky, so it was a bit awkward swinging.

Using This Guide the Costume project took me about a month and 150$ to complete. I would have been completely lost without it. Here are some Work in progress photos. WIP 1 | WIP 2 | WIP 3

This was the first time i have tried making my own costume and im happy with how it turned out.

For this Halloween i will be doing some updates to that costume, and building a simple Chest Arch Reactor. Getting in and out of the torso armor in the HEV suit is very difficult, so I'm planning on cutting it in half and attaching buckles or Velcro. I also want to correct the back. There is a whole gizmo on the back of the torso armor that i didn't do for the sake of time, and i hope to at least start building this this month.

So what costumes do you people have, or would like to make?

EDIT: Fixed the Chest Arch Reactor link

Unfortuently no one knew who Gordon Freeman was really. i was a bit disipointed.

I am also extremely disappointed. Why would you associate yourself with such uneducated scrubs?

In my opinion, the Half-Life games have to be played within the context of the environment they were released in to have their full effect. The world's not the same as it once was.

I lol'd so hard at the guy with the blunt sword that just knocked it off the stand, and then he tried to stab it with a knife really hard but completely missed.

No one else has any costumes? D:

In my opinion, the Half-Life games have to be played within the context of the environment they were released in to have their full effect. The world's not the same as it once was.
I have been recommending to some friends play black mesa source when trying to introduce them to half life, i feel they would be more likely to get in to it though that.

I lol'd so hard at the guy with the blunt sword that just knocked it off the stand, and then he tried to stab it with a knife really hard but completely missed.
the blade was plenty sharp, he just messed up his strike. Any hint of hesitation and the blade wont go all the way though. Also that knife stab made everyone cringe, it damaged the tip of the blade, he relised it was a bad idea later. :(

I went to one of these. I dressed up as Mick Jagger and danced and bebop'd my way all around the pumpkin

Back