Do you have to buy it?

swiss

Reaction score
I never played the original DoD, so I dont know how exactly people got hold of it. For DoD source will it be on sale in the shops, or just over Steam for download, or will it be free?
Thanks

I beleive it will be released stand alone on steam, stand alone in stores, and probobly an upgrade from retail on steam for a lower price...

swiss said:
I never played the original DoD, so I dont know how exactly people got hold of it. For DoD source will it be on sale in the shops, or just over Steam for download, or will it be free?
Thanks

If you bought a HL2 package from Steam you will be able to download it for free.

Devvo said:
If you bought a HL2 package from Steam you will be able to download it for free.
As long as it was either gold or silver :D

nutcrackr said:
As long as it was either gold or silver :D

Ahh yes, you are indeed correct. I even had to check on the website cos it's been that long.

I was owned... lol

It won't cost a buck if you brought the Silver or the Gold version of HL2, if you bought the Bronze version, then you have to buy the stand alone DoD.

Weew...so glad I brought Silver. :D

I didnt buy silver..I bought hl2 on its own from the stores. WHat will be the best way to get it..from a shop or through steam, and is steam cheaper?
Also will it be that good?

You'll have to wait and see. (stands for both your questions) :p

**** valve, i want dod source now! now damnit!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Yeah, I can't wait untill this game comes out! I can't wait to own everyone! :p

Sieg said:
It won't cost a buck if you brought the Silver or the Gold version of HL2, if you bought the Bronze version, then you have to buy the stand alone DoD.

Weew...so glad I brought Silver. :D
Well, it did cost money, we just already paid :D

*got gold*

I have the ati coupon ..best deal ever ...as part of my vid card purchase (9600xt which I sold a month later for $20 less than I paid for it ..minus the hl2 coupon of course) I got (+ $10 for silver):

hl
hl:s
hl2
HL: OF
HL:BS
DoD
DoD:S
CS
Team Fortress
CS:S
CS:Condition zero

best deal ever