DoD:S Realism

patton

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Some of you may know what realism is in Day of Defeat: Source. However, for those of you who do not know, a realism is a form of gameplay that is more like a "counterstrike meets historical world war 2" setting. 1 life per round, not having to worry about 30 kids running around with machineguns or 8 people with bazookas covering a single flag, etc. So, for those of you who are interested or would just like a fun server with a great group of people to play with, feel free to give us a visit: IP 208.100.42.160:27015
We run normal play, and play realisms as well. The First Special Service Force is a DoD:S unit that specializes in realisms, and we pride ourselves in aiming to be as historically accurate as we can be. Feel free to check us out at www.1stSSF.net Thank you for your time.
Very Respectfully,
Pvt. Napier [1st SSF]

Wat.

No thx.

kbye

I like how he used realism as a verb like they are going to be realisming at stuff or something.

Is this like the para gamemode from Day of Defeat beta 3.1?

I love how "just have fun" basically means you can't have a class (say, bazooka) that you have fun with if someone else took it.
Also, since when was waiting for the next round after death "fun"? That's the reason I quit Counter Strike before I started!

I like how he used realism as a verb like they are going to be realisming at stuff or something.

Well yeah, realism already is a word but we mean "our" type of realism meaning the type of game we play. So we just use the noun as a verb when appropriate.

Is this like the para gamemode from Day of Defeat beta 3.1?

No it's just a set of "rules" agreed upon by all players. It's played in both 1.3 and Source.

I love how "just have fun" basically means you can't have a class (say, bazooka) that you have fun with if someone else took it.
Also, since when was waiting for the next round after death "fun"? That's the reason I quit Counter Strike before I started!

Well then you don't have to try it. The sarcasm isn't necessary.

Anyway, we're just trying to get the word out, don't hate it till you try it. Happy gaming to everyone.

-1Lt. Fader [1st SSF]

CS is better than DODS by far, you just have to know how to play.

Well yeah, realism already is a word but we mean "our" type of realism meaning the type of game we play. So we just use the noun as a verb when appropriate.

No it's just a set of "rules" agreed upon by all players. It's played in both 1.3 and Source.

Well then you don't have to try it. The sarcasm isn't necessary.

Anyway, we're just trying to get the word out, don't hate it till you try it. Happy gaming to everyone.

-1Lt. Fader [1st SSF]

Its not going to appeal to everyone but some will lap it up.

You should try Red Orchestra if you want an absorbing WWII experience.

The point in the game is that you fight in the 2. world war and you have to take the City or position. It wouldn't be "realistic" to just send 1-16 men .... unless we were playing "Call of Duty 1"

DODS is hardly a "realistic" WWII experience, and trying to make it one would be an exercise in futility IMO.

DOD 1.3 and Source are both great games but realism is kind of wack tbh, realism scrims themselves are fun but the whole process of having to deal with a realism clan to get there is abhorrent

8 people with bazookas covering a single flag

Look I don't know why you are being so critical! That is a super amazing idea

Let's say, as an example, that you were a squad of American commandos attempting to blow up a German radar installation

So you're creeping around like some sneaky mother****ers and then you come to the building next to the radar thing and you peek around the corner with your special mirror on a stick and there are EIGHT ****ING NAZIS WITH ****ING BAZOOKAS RIGHT ****ING THERE MAN, HOLY SHIT

What are you going to do, seriously, are you going to be like 'lol noobs' and ban them? NO YOU ARE GOING TO GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE, SERGEANT, I REPEAT WE ARE ABORTING THIS ****ING MISSION

I don't play DoD:S, sorry. Probably would want the least realism possible if I did, too. This just isn't for me. Good effort, though!

CS is better than DODS by far, you just have to know how to play.

If only you could understand how terribly and painfully wrong you are. This is coming from someone who's been playing both CS and DOD since long before the Steam era and who definitely "knows how to play".

Back