dod_escape, dod_caen

bryanf445

Tank
Reaction score
They NEED to make these maps for DOD:S asap. Easily my 2 favorite maps. Why dont they have them yet? Sucks to have to play old dod just to play these maps. Although I will say colmar is a great new map, but we need these 2 badly.

Caen was my favorite map in DOD. I would shit myself with glee if they made a Source version. I hear there's a custom remake but I've never been able to find it on a populated server and it probably sucks anyway. Escape was also a good map.

I would also love a remake of Saints, Zalec, and Switch. And Sturm. And Forest, although I really can't see that map working in Source without some serious optimization/mapping wizardry.

Frankly I just wish Valve would put the time into remaking all the old maps, because most of them were awesome.

I don't think there is a Source version of dod_escape
Also, if you look in some of Day of Defeat Source's reslists you'll find that quite a few maps were cut from the game, including dod_caen:
dod_alpine
dod_avalanche
dod_caen
dod_charlie
dod_chemille
dod_holz
dod_kraftstoff
dod_northbound
dod_saints
dod_vicenza
dod_zalec

I don't think there is a Source version of dod_escape
Also, if you look in some of Day of Defeat Source's reslists you'll find that quite a few maps were cut from the game, including dod_caen:
dod_alpine
dod_avalanche
dod_caen
dod_charlie
dod_chemille
dod_holz
dod_kraftstoff
dod_northbound
dod_saints
dod_vicenza
dod_zalec

Well thats a bunch of bs, cause they cut some of the best maps. But seriously, dod:s has been out for a long time now and there are so few official maps. What gives?

There are some more on the way I think, more community maps anyway.

they were probably ported maps

shit I'd play a caen port with happiness on Source, although I guess you'd have to take out the bomb-able walls (or make them objectives).

i have problems with m dod:S when i join the server my pc automatic reboot can someone help me

For a great map, you should visit the =(eGo)= clan dod_strand server. It's a D-Day based map of Omaha Beach.

Man, DOD:S was such a disapppointment.

Man, DOD:S was such a disapppointment.

I wouldn't say so.....next to the original dod....it's the game I've enjoy the most for the longest amount of time....

I think it's just been given the cold shoulder by both players/devs in the past year or two...

Caen was my favorite map in DOD. I would shit myself with glee if they made a Source version. I hear there's a custom remake but I've never been able to find it on a populated server and it probably sucks anyway. Escape was also a good map.

I would also love a remake of Saints, Zalec, and Switch. And Sturm. And Forest, although I really can't see that map working in Source without some serious optimization/mapping wizardry.

Frankly I just wish Valve would put the time into remaking all the old maps, because most of them were awesome.

Do you think Valve in time will make anymore DOD:S updates including some nice new maps?

I wish I could make good maps. I just started but it would be nice to make a few dod maps for everyone. I hope they don't forget about dod:s.

There's an update on the way. I think the CAMP maps and some other good community maps are being tested for it.

Back