Doomsday -a Doom 3 mod [NEWS]

Damn this is going to be an awesome mod Virus.
I think you will love it
Jangle said:
The new spider-thingy looks awesome!
Awesome thank you! :D Sometimes I'm not sure if others will like things I like, I seem to have rare tastes in things. I'm glad you like it!

After 8 months of periodic trial and error, hours of failed attempts at my goal of adding some color and skin variations for most monsters - last week, I figured it out, and since then I've added 3 new monsters to the game, and put them in appropriate areas of the maps.

Since I've figured out how to do all of this, and it's pretty exciting, I've gone ahead and created another spider, basically just for variety, so instead of every single wraith, spider, etc., that you come across looking exactly the same - some will look different. This was truly a huge goal of mine to figure this out, and figuring this out on my own has been very satisfying. It really opens up new doors as to what I can do with the mod.

I'm certain that there will be no competition for a mod of this type, and I'm very proud to say that this is my first mod ever! Wait until you hear the sound effects and get the new weapons! I seem to be a jack of all trades here: sound, artwork, coding, planing and ideas, etc. I've messed with programming since I was 9, been messing with art and computer art since then as well, and have been messing with sound and writing my own music for about 6 years as well, so it's all coming together. A one man mod team - rookie attempt at that. :)

So without further ado, here are two screen-shots with the two spider variations! I am hiding in a spot taking pictures like nature channel ;) There is also a 'tick' spider in the game with a new skin as well.

2newskins1newspider6sx.png

varietyofspiders4ub.png

Two trite spider variations each with custom unique skins.

So now that I've got them done, I just need to alter the inside of their mouth. The inside of the mouth and teeth shouldn't be covered in the skin.

It sounds as if your working hard on this one, keep it up!
I will :)
I think I'll have time to create another monster tonight since I just had some coffee.

I am REALLY getting good at modding this game. I know where almost every file in the game can be found by memory. It's making me want to do even more.

I have just figured out how to add a new level to the game, where when you finish one of the default levels, I can have it load a new level, then when you finish that level, it will proceed to go to the regularly scheduled level in the game. This will be a future mod I'll make though. I was thinking of including the incredible user made map level "Evacuation Protocol' as part of the game somewhere around the waste recycling levels. You can find this mod at PCgamemods.com if you want to give it a try.

How will the enemy react to your weapons, for example will the shotgun push zombies back.
Sorry I never did answer you. Yea I've played around with this quite a bit on various weapons. Right now I need to cut it back about 75% becuase I had set it really high to test it. I shot a hellknight with a shotgun blast and it knocked him 13 (in game) feet against the wall, so that's too much. That is a very large beast for a shotgun to push him like that.

I just want it to knock them back like it did in Doom1. don't worry, I just change one number and it's all set, and should be fun to test, I've just been doing 10 things at once all the time with this mod. Everything is going to be perfect, and just in time. I'm a little reluctant about messing with things like this because they change the gameplay, but, I will get it all straightened out. Some of the monsters are a little faster or tougher anyway, like the zombies walk at you about 13% faster, so the extra push will not only be awesome, it will be balanced.

I'm really getting hyped for this thing now! With every new post I become more impatient! Will be awesome to have Ep1 and then this 5 days later.

Are you in contact with any other site besides this? If you haven't I would give Planet Doom a heads up for this release so that they can host it. They might even host a site for you. ;)

Back