Doomsday -a Doom 3 mod [NEWS]

VirusType2

Reaction score
As you may know, I have been working on a Mod for Doom 3. I am tentatively calling this mod Doomsday, since I plan to have it available for download at midnight on 06-06-06.

This mod doesn't include any new levels but instead very many changes to the game including new particles and effects, textures, shaders, weapons, and hundreds of new sounds - among other things.

I had been working on it obsessively for about 6 months when I sort of finished it and became busy with other things.

One of the things I really wanted to do was add some monster variations. I tried many things for months but was unable to get it to work. I tried one last thing, and thought there was a good chance it would work but it didn't.

I must have quit the game, fixed it, but never tested it, because I was testing all the levels today, and the very place I inserted monsters in.. they were there! What a surprise. :D

It worked. What I will do is make some of the monsters look a little different. In the test, I created a stronger, tougher, different colored Imp. (click monster names for some images)

So now that I got it working, it will be easy to follow the same steps to have at least 2 variations for most of the monsters.

For example, a half-way invisible Pinky, like in Doom I & Doom II. The Pinky demon was a dog like creature. Some of them were almost invisible, like a translucent color. I have gotten this to work in Doom 3, so this will be one of the creatures, but now I don't have to replace the Pinky demon all together, I can have both.

I thought maybe adding a shadow wraith as well, with similar code.

*What I will do is have an evil bastard Zombie Security guard that will use and drop the new weapon (top secret)This guy will be tougher, sort of like a mini-boss. If you are any good at the game you shouldn't have any problem taking him down and getting the new weapon though. :devil:

*I will also create another new Zombie Security guard variation that will use and drop another new weapon when you kill him.

I thought I would include a new variation to the imp, which would be vicious and would look a bit different. It's fireballs would be more dangerous, and ...

I would also add a couple of different types of trites (spiders)

Some of the zombies will look different, with different uniforms

*some surprises

For enemies that already have several variations, like the imp and hell imp, I will be adding another type, not replacing either.

Near the end of the game, when you go to hell, you lose all of your weapons, so I will put the monsters that drop these new weapons after that level so you can obtain them again.

The new weapons are great, and a shit-load of fun, but they aren't super weapons. All of the weapons have their ups and downs, and these are no different. One of them has an extremely high rate of fire, but - as such, you go through the clip very quickly, and the clip is smaller. This one is one of my favorites in the game. It makes a bloody mess.

Anyway, I was just so pleased that I got this to work that I had to tell you guys. It was a great surprise since - like I said, I did it a couple of months ago but assumed it wouldn't work so I never tested that again. This was one of the reasons I stopped working on the mod. This was the last one big thing I wanted to do.

It works! :cheese:

I better get crackin'. I've got much to do.

Not a bad idea.

Though I wish people would do more with the Doom3 engine. I see so few good TCs out there for it... I want a real reason to reinstall it. lol

Could you show us some pics.
And did you model, program, soundedit, and whatnot else everything yourself.

VictimOfScience said:
Here's all the reason I need. :E
Yeah, that was one I was following. Also D3Jedi, which closed down anyway.
And that Hexen TC looked OK.

WhiteZero said:
Not a bad idea.

Though I wish people would do more with the Doom3 engine. I see so few good TCs out there for it... I want a real reason to reinstall it. lol
The great thing about Doomsday is that it works with all the other mods and conversions - if you want it to.

For example, If you play a mod that is a new level, when you play that mod, it will use all of the Doomsday resources like improved textures, particles, sounds, etc. The only things that won't be in other people's new level mods is Doomsdays weapons and monsters. However, you can still type "give weapon_name", or "spawn weapon_name" to get the weapon in someone else's level mod.

right now I'm working on the way the new Death Imp looks

Could you show us some pics.
I plan to show at least one screenshot for every day for the final few days before it is available.
And did you model, program, soundedit, and whatnot else everything yourself.
Nearly everything was done by me but there are a few exceptions below. I spent a few thousand hours working on everything. The hardest part was the sound work, and I really spent allot of time on this.

I did some of the voices for the enemies. The [zsec] zombie security guards have more of a half-life 2 combine soldier type voice. They now say things like, "Don't let him get away!", "You're coming with us to hell." etc. I did the voices in my most evil voice and modified them using an audio editing application. They sound like some bad mother****ers trust me. I think it's a huge improvement.

I've also completely redone some of the monsters sounds by making various growling sounds into the microphone and changing the speed and pitch, things like that. It really turned out quite professional, and they sound like some evil and scary monsters instead of some of the crap that id used.

I've been messing with audio editing for years, so it worked out well. There is a new pause screen song from another mod that I really like that I may be able to include, and I did an improved intro when you load up the game.

Most of the sounds were found from various sources on the net, and they are some of the best sound effects I've ever heard on any game.

The texture and shader work took quite a bit of time and testing.

One other guy did most of the weapon 'skins', I improved these even further, and another guy did one of the new weapons, and I improved upon it quite a bit with an improved script, definition, weapon balancing, and sound effects, and ...*

Some of the sounds are from other mods, including some from Trent Reznor of NIN.

Hundreds of new particle systems were done by me except one that I got the idea from another mod. I felt kind of guilty using it, but it just kicks so much ass, and I will put his name in the credits.

There are some things included from a couple of other mods that I will list in the credits

I really like everything done with it, but some people might not like a couple of things, they may say that they liked how one of the monsters sounded originally, or something, and what I'm going to try to do as much as possible is put each group of sounds and textures into their own pack file and have an alternatives pack available for any sounds or textures that someone requests. There will be some variations available for some right away. I've really put allot of thought into this.

So I will pack up everything seperately with an appropriate name. For example, someone says, "I don't really like the way the imp sounds, I liked the original sounds" all you have to do is open the Doomsday folder and remove the pack called imp_sounds.pk4.

Or if they say, "Is there a different sound for the machine gun ?" And they can download an alternative sound from me and just swap out the sound pack machinegun_sounds.pk4.

Anyhow, I'm making some new monster variations right now, so I've got my hands full. Cya

Here's all the reason I need.
Hell yeah, Dark Mod seems like the best and one of the only TC mods, and I hope he finishes it and it works well.

Added:
There is also some new source code done by a buddy I met on the Doom forums.

I don't want to over-hype the game or anything so you don't expect too much, but I think - without a doubt, that it will be the best Doom 3 mod available in it's category (mods that don't include new levels) - and Doomsday mod works well with any new levels you download.

I always hated when I go to play someone elses new level, that the default gun sounds would be enabled, so I found a way to work around this. This is entirely at your discretion if you want it to default to mine or theirs or the default, by using a simple line of text that I will list in the README.txt file included, that you put in the launch options target line.

It also has a seperate component for use with the Doom 3 expansion: Ressurection of Evil [RoE]

Added:
It's not a new game or anything, but it might feel like one. You really won't want to play Doom 3 without Doomsday.

A picture says a thousand words:

Here are some screenshots of the new pinky demon. Since the beast is half mechanical, if figured I would give it a prototype chameleon cloaking device. It makes it sort of half-invisible.

You can see from the embedded images the new HUD(on screen-text [heads-up display]), the new weapon skins, the new weapon naming convention (unarmed instead of fists, sidearm instead of pistol), some of the new shading for the walls taking them from the rusty over-saturated orange color to a high polish metal look. A work in progress with the walls as you can see some parts are still orange. I'm still deciding how I want it to finally look. The new HUD is less obtrusive and it uses about 100 less calculations and instructions that were previously continuously and constantly executed during play, giving better performance and frame-rate while playing the game.

The old pinky demon will still be in the game as well. Here is what it looked like:
http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/doom3/transfer/doom3-2004-08-30-01-11-57-8.jpg
Coincidentally, that is the same level where I chose to take my screenshots, so you can see the old orange walls and pinky demon color. You can also see here the old HUD.

Stay tuned for more screen-shots as I work on this game I may decide to show some things.

My PC is a piece of shit, so you should be able to run in a higher resolution with shadows and anti-aliasing, but you can get a good idea of how it will look on your PC.

Looking nice. Weren't the pinky demons invisible in the original DooM too?

Boogymanx said:
Looking nice. Weren't the pinky demons invisible in the original DooM too?
Yea, as you got further in the game some of them were half-invisible. They were less common and had more health iirc.

I'm not sure I'll make these ones any tougher since they are already stealthier with the chameleon look and already they are vicious as hell.

Added:
In other news, I've decided to include the new monster from RoE - the Vulgar - to Doom 3.

It will probably take me several hours to add this creature to the game, but once I do, I'll add a few screenshots.

Here is what the Vulgar looks like:
http://www.igromania***/games/d/DOOM3ResurrectionofEvil/imsol2493/Vulgars.jpg

http://www.canalgame.com/data/juegos/2114/screenshots/vulgar.jpg

I'll most definitely modify the way they look a little, and modify their scripts and definitions some.

Are you sure you're allowed to add stuff from the expansion to the original doom 3?

Danimal said:
Are you sure you're allowed to add stuff from the expansion to the original doom 3?
Yeah I'm kinda wondering about that, wouldn't that in a sense be copyright infrigement, using their creations in another game?
Whilst sure, the 'expansion' is a part of the Doom series, it's still their creations and legally I think you need their permission to use it in another game.

I remember a while back there was a UT2k4 mod that added the HL2 models, whatever happend to that? Did it get shut down?

Didn't bother reading the thead, I will later, but Doomsday is alread the name of a Doom 1 & 2 mod.

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/
It's a working title. In the original post I said I was tentatively calling it Doomsday, but thanks for the heads-up anyhow. I was certain it would be used already, since it is a pretty generic name for a doom mod. I'd actually already changed the name to The Doomsday Project for now, and this is shown on the main menu, along with an email address where people can reach me.

Danimal said:
I'm not sure because one guy did and his mod has been available to download for a year.
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/11927.html
Doom 3 with Vulgars. Uploaded April 22, 2005. 142 downloads

I've read on the Doom 3 SDK website that you can't include anything in your mod file that isn't changed from it's original state. For example, I can't include a texture or sound that is exactly the same as what comes with the game. That's why I was going to change the way the vulgar looks slightly - and hopefully improve it.

The difference is, his mod freezes the game for several seconds when the monster spawns, and it makes the sound effect of an imp dying when it spawns, since what he did was kill an imp when it spawns and it spawns in it's place. So it's pretty buggy. What I will be doing is having it spawn as another monster since I have finally figured out how.

To be honest, I'm not sure I have the time or patience to add this monster come to think of it - especially if there is going to be a problem because of it. It could take up to 8 hours or more.

Some more screenshots to give you an idea of what this mod does. Keep in mind though - it's mainly a sound mod; although I have done quite a bit of changes.

There are so many changes, I've forgotten what all I've done. If the walls, floor, monsters, weapons, items, sounds, special effects, etc., look different.. then I must have changed it ;)

The plasma gun is now properly re-named the M7A Plasma Rifle - as listed (in the manual iirc). The plasma rifle prototype now looks prototypey - with a high polish metal finish, matching readout(subject to change) and lazer site reticule. The plasma projectiles are now a really nice looking greenish color instead of blue. The decal when it burns a wall looks really sweet (not shown).

The Arch Vile no longer looks pale flesh-tone colored. You can also see that the chaingun now has a very high polish that reflects to the light source. This particular amount of high reflection is more rare though - when the light hits it just right, it's almost a mirror surface. The readout is different as well.(subject to change) It now has Real Tracers[TM] by my pal JC_Denton, and I've got all the particle and bullet impacting flesh and metal effects perfected. Wait until you fire this mother ****er up, you will swear you are playing Gears of War. The barrel takes like 10 seconds to finally come to a stop after you release the trigger, it really spins smoothly - it really looks, feels, and sounds exciting.

In Doom1 the spiders were half-robotic. Well, the new trite spiders are a tribute to this with a liquid metal looking future alloy skin. In the background you can see a Revenant's (the skeleton enemy with he rocket-launcher) rocket, exploding in a new toxic color inspired by the un-dead from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Wait until you see the little particle sparks flying out of the explosion. (not shown)

Again, everything I have done will be packed separately as much as possible, so that I can make available alternate texture, particle, and sound packs.

As I recall the only spider like things ive seen in a Doom were basically a spider like robot with a brain inside.

Minerel said:
As I recall the only spider like things ive seen in a Doom were basically a spider like robot with a brain inside.
exactly. I wasn't trying to make them look the same, but the technology is further along now where you don't see the robotics; there is an alloy skin exoskeleton layer.

here is what the spiders looked like in Doom 1 & 2:
http://doom.neoseeker.com/site_image.php?image_id=98

Doom 3 retail spiders: (what they used to look like)
http://images.google.com/images?q=trite&hl=en

Here you can see the light blue plasma shot and a more dull finish in Doom 3 retail: (what it used to look like)
http://www.anigames.it/download/uploads/immagini_review/doom3/doom3_05.jpg

Grey Fox said:
'c mon the only reason you did that is because it's easier to just reskin them. The old spiderbots with their braines looked much better.
I don't like the old spiders at all. They looked retarded to me. It would take a ton of work to create all new models, textures, animations, and whatever else. That is beyond what I wanted to do, and what I have done. You are right, it is easier to reskin them. But don't underestimate how hard it is to create a new skin for things. It could take hours - even days of screwing around in an image editor and I'd still come up with nothing usable. Each change I make I have to test in-game to see how it turned out, even further making changes take a long time.

The only reason I changed the way things look at all is because I didn't like how it originally looked, or I got tired of how it originally looked. I've played through the entire game about 16 times, so I got tired of things.

This is only my first mod, and I am glad to be able to have done anything at all. I learned as I went along - self-taught. I made this mod for my own use only, but am going to make it available for anyone that wants it.

Grey Fox said:
OK I understand. Thanx for the anwser.
I hope that Doom 3 owners will get a kick out of playing the game again after downloading this mod.

This shit is hard bro, and I spent thousands of hours tweaking things the way that I like them.

It's free, and I see it as a huge upgrade to this game. I've done things in an almost official way, keeping the game vanilla-ish. Everyone has an opinion on everything, so I don't expect to please everyone.

I created screen-shot that shows the new little spark particles that fly out of explosions now. Each explosion type in the game is completely re-done.

This is a grenade explosion. It fires off in the opposite direction of the explosion and looks really very realistic. :D You'll have to see it to understand fully, but each of the particles flying out have light amount of gravity and arc as they fly out in a direction opposite of the origin. BAD ASS. If it explodes at a wall, the particles will fly out from the wall and fall down from gravity. Of course, this is only 1 frame of the full effect, and each explosion is unique. Each time you throw a grenade, the explosion will look very similar, but unique.

On a final note, my PCI graphics card doesn't support the screen distorting heat and shock-waves and such that you will see when you play.

Grey Fox said:
Won't that fry my PC.
Whats that? LOL Fry it? You aren't joking are you? Using my mod, you should expect a frame-rate increase.
No kidding, you might be able to run in a higher resolution or just get that better frame-rate. :D (I'm not Sony, you can believe what I hype you.)

I didn't go overboard with shit-loads of calculations, I just did good ones. In most cases, there is not actually any more being processed than originally, I just did better processes.

In case you were referring to the heat and shock-wave, it is built into the Doom 3 engine, it's nothing I did. Heat_haze.vfp. PCI cards don't support ARB 2.0 so it can't execute heat_haze.vfp on my PC. But I have seen screen-shots of it and its really sweet looking.

[EDIT] Added much later:
Well, I gave the new rare imp his own animation speeds for things and his own stats. I even gave him a higher rank than the other imps, and in the area where he spawns, it is a special area where they freeze you and the screen turns red and blood runs down the walls for a moment, thats where I put him. When the other imp that spawns there accidentally splash damaged him with the fireball, the new imp turned for the old imp and started attacking it! (since I gave it a higher rank)

I'll probably only have the rare imp spawn in, the ones that are hiding will be regular imps. The imps don't spawn in as much as you'd think, so it will still be rare. This kind of makes sense since it's all to easy to rush up to a spawn and get a few cheap shots in if you are good. So now... they have more health , so even if you get a cheap shotgun blast as they spawn, they will still be there standing strong.

His fireball is quicker, and it is a golden fireball color that really looks cool. Overall all of his attacks are a little more deadly but I lowered his leap speed, so it can be dodged. I made him walk much faster and has 3 times the health, but head shots do quad damage. I've decreased his claw attack speeds while upping the damage but I'll have to think if I'll keep it like this.

He is colored a very shiny black color right now. (like the spider in the screenshot above)

Any ideas on anything? It's hard to come up with a color for monsters... you can't exactly make them red and blue and stuff, that would look like Superman or Robin. I want him to look realistic. I really like the way it looks already TBH. Anyhow, I'm also looking for ideas on what to make other monsters skins look like.

EDIT: Oh, and I gave the rare imp a slow motion death when you kill it.

OMFG. That Archvile just sealed the deal for me. The reskin looks so good :D

exactly. I wasn't trying to make them look the same, but the technology is further along now where you don't see the robotics; there is an alloy skin exoskeleton layer.
I like the old Doom1\Doom2 thing better, but I don't think it would fit with the whole dark\spooky theme of Doom 3 as well as spiders do. So Nice Job.

:cheers:

Thank you for the compliments! :p

Doom 3 retail:
finaldoomguy2uv.jpg

This is what Doom guy's armor used to look like. After playing through the game a few times, I really didn't like the look. This was the number one reason why I decided to figure out how to change the skins and bump maps and stuff.

My 'special ops' black armor. Removed the lines on the sleeves as well. The BDU combat pants match, using very dark camo.

Oh, and the armor pickup item matches, as I've redone the textures and shaders of most everything you can pick up as well.

A new grenade skin I made today. Blowing up corpses with grenades is always entertaining. Besides the new particles for the grenade, grenades have more push now (force pushing everyone and everything back), and items have had their weight adjusted for more realistic physics effects. For example, when a grenade blows up next to the office chair, the chair is thrown, instead of not moving or hardly tipping over. It's nothing excessive, but it's just more realistic. If a grenade blows up 6 feet from you, it pushes you back some. Body parts fly. Splash damage is unchanged.

VirusType2 said:
Thank you for the compliments! :p

Doom 3 retail:
finaldoomguy2uv.jpg

This is what Doom guy's armor used to look like. After playing through the game a few times, I really didn't like the look. This was the number one reason why I decided to figure out how to change the skins and bump maps and stuff.

My 'special ops' black armor. Removed the lines on the sleeves as well. The BDU combat pants match, using very dark camo.

Oh, and the armor pickup item matches, as I've redone the textures and shaders of most everything you can pick up as well.

A new grenade skin I made today. Blowing up corpses with grenades is always entertaining. Besides the new particles for the grenade, grenades have more push now (force pushing everyone and everything back), and items have had their weight adjusted for more realistic physics effects. For example, when a grenade blows up next to the office chair, the chair is thrown, instead of not moving or hardly tipping over. It's nothing excessive, but it's just more realistic. If a grenade blows up 6 feet from you, it pushes you back some. Body parts fly. Splash damage is unchanged.

Looking good! :E

spidah5ls.png

I'd hit it and nice to see that the mod will make the grenades more forceful (they really should of made them more forceful), also nice to hear of the unique exploshens.

How will the enemy react to your weapons, for example will the shotgun push zombies back. One of the things I did not like about the original doom 3 was the fact that whne they hit you, you would get red infront of your face and your view would shake, yet when you hit them, it was like you were shooting air.

And if you have put it in, does it make a differance if the creature is standing or jumping at you, cause there are few things more satisfaying then shotgunning some freaking monster that almost made it on your face and watvhing him fly a few feet away.

Grey Fox said:
there are few things more satisfying then shotgunning some freaking monster that almost made it on your face and watvhing him fly a few feet away.

I couldn't agree more.
newimp9hp.png

This just in: Lead is hazardous for your health.

Here you can see the carefully done blood particles flying, the new shotgun: diffuse map, bump map, local map, and shader, also the green lazer sights, and the new Imp Lord. I've improved the shotgun animations, scripts, sounds, and definitions. Other projectile types - like bullets, also have a new blood particle effects. Blood splatter decals now stay on the walls and floors for 90 seconds instead of 10.

click:

The imp and the imp lord. Shadows were turned off, sorry. The imp accidentally hit the imp lord with a fireball, and the imp lord ripped his ass to shreds while I stood out of the way and re-loaded.

Oh damn. I'm going to have to play Doom 3 again, huh? And I just completed it on a harder difficulty. Ah well.

One question though, is it harder than Doom 3?

Looking really good man, i cant wait to try this out, Doom 3 was one of my favourite games.

bigburpco said:
Oh damn. I'm going to have to play Doom 3 again, huh? And I just completed it on a harder difficulty. Ah well.

One question though, is it harder than Doom 3?
I have made the first few levels slightly harder but the end levels are unchanged, effectively making the entire play through the game a more even challenge. Sort of removed the learning curve slightly.

This game has been out for quite some time and everyone should be good enough to sort of breeze through the beginning levels easily, but I wanted the monsters to actually put up a fight. There are quite a few slight changes to do this, most notably I increased the health of the zombie security guards and other early enemies by 10 or 20%. Nothing noticeable probably. The un-dead zombies will come at you faster.

You shouldn't have a problem, however you may want to play the game on an easier difficulty than you normally would. I always play on the Hard skill level and don't have any problems but through extensive play testing I have finished the game about 16 times. I always hate when I download a great mod and it's too hard to play - designed for a master, so I hope that you won't have that problem. Start on the easy or normal skill level.

There are 3 new weapons in the game, so actually this could give you the edge, if you keep them loaded. Two of the new weapons require a little more skill to use effectively (don't miss, reloading leaves you open), but if you do, you can do more damage faster than any other weapons - save for the chainsaw and BFG. These two new weapons are my two favorite weapons, coincidentally. The third new weapon will also have you cheering. :cheese:

Here's a screen-shot of the new Machine gun. It uses the name from the PDA, the M88 Enforcer. There is a new smooth finish, and I have removed the deep scar that was on the top of the weapon. I have added a high polish to the weapon.

I have added a further improved version of JC_dentons' 'real tracers', so now the bullets can travel at a true velocity. (bullet vellocity was slowed so you could see the tracers. no longer necessary)

There is a list a mile long of improvements for the machine gun. I haven't got time to list them all, but, well, I'll try.

It's got all new sound effects, I have added dry-fire (pulling the trigger with no ammo loaded) animations and sounds to all the weapons, it has new bullet and bullet impact effects, I used an FX file so I can still use a muzzle-flash with the added a tactical mini mag-light. This is the only weapon with the light. New blood particle effects as well.

In order to make things work out well with one of the new weapons that uses the same ammo, I had to increase it's damage, so therefore, I lowered the clip size. Everything is accounted for. The beginning enemies have slightly more health, so it all works out to make the game a more consistent challenge throughout the game. This weapon still feels a little under-powered like always.

CLICK:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/677/enforcer33yp.png
This one gives a better idea of the weapon's shading.

After screwing around off and on with the display on the weapon for 6 months, I realize I haven't much time left to meet my deadline. I get so much more done under pressure like this. It is work, to mod this game, and it's not fun for me anymore, but it is awesome to be able to improve the game at will.

So last night I spent a few hours and tried this display for the gun, and I just can't stop loving it, I think it's really sweet looking now, so I'm not touching anything.

I can change the back color of the gun's HUD read-out in a minute or two - now that I know what I'm doing, but the numbers are considerable pain in the ass to change size, location and color. I can't remember if it previously showed how many clips you have, but thats what the little number at the top is. I can easily upload a few variations and suggestions are welcome, but this is how it will look on my game. ;)

I have completely redone all the walls and pillars in this level. It is assumed that the quality of metals and alloys is much higher this far in the future. The tactical light on the gun is perfect for shoot-outs down dark hall-ways. You can now see blood flying around instead of just aiming for the dark.

Here you can see that now when the barrels explode, it launches pieces of the barrel outward with true physics. The pieces bang off the walls, ceilings, and floor. (You can see some chared pieces laying there.) It's another screenshot of the same level. Again you can see that the walls and pillars are re-skinned.

One more shot showing the M88 in a shoot-out.
shootouttacticallight8ml.png

I hope this last shot was worth the wait for slow internet connections. Everything is coming together now.

Some more pretty screenshots full rez, .png format

New walls and map object skins:
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3232/newwallsandmapobjects2ul.png

Explosion:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7254/exploshens7hn.png

[EDIT]
This is what the Doom 3 retail machinegun looked like. You can also see the big ass gouge, or scratch, that I removed. :)
http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/doom3/alphalabs3/doom3-2004-08-27-01-38-39-7.jpg

I've been working on my mod all day every day since I originally created this thread.

I've fixed every bug possible, I've further improved upon everything, including getting the sound effects just perfect. I've added another new monster, with plans to include variations for 2 other monsters. The pressure is on to finish this mod, and under this pressure, I've come up with some amazing breakthroughs!

With 6 days remaining, ONE NEW WEAPON IS REVEALED =D

a submachine gun!

Here is a teaser! One of the new monsters is exploded into meat by a shotgun blast! Messy!
oneofthenewmonstersisturnedint.png

I have zipped up a collection of about 20 of the best screenshots out of about 600 I took.

Please click this link to download the full set of screenshots and check it out, along with the new monster, and brand new skins for some weapons, the wraith, revenant, trite, vagary, and new clothes and headlamp for some zombies. The bfg, rocket launcher, and sub-machine gun, and chainsaw skins are revealed for the first time!
Your file Full_set_D3_mod_img.zip (12359 KB) is now online.
Your Download-Link: http://rapidshare.de/files/21702914/Full_set_D3_mod_img.zip.html

I've batch processed them for a low memory format for quick download. Enjoy the screenshots! The mod WILL BE DONE on 6-6-06 if it kills me! :devil:

Damn this is going to be an awesome mod Virus. Going back and playing Vanilla D3 will be hard after all the improvements and overall enjoyment that this adds. Really great work you've done, I commend you. :thumbs:

xombine said:
Damn this is going to be an awesome mod Virus. Going back and playing Vanilla D3 will be hard after all the improvements and overall enjoyment that this adds. Really great work you've done, I commend you. :thumbs:

First, let me say, thank you so much for showing appreciation.

I agree, there is no way in hell you are going to want to play Vanilla D3 anymore. It's a f'n joke to me TBH. I view this game as a "you finish it how you like it" construction set. Got to love iD for making it so moddable! I heard they just made this game to sell their game engine and didn't really use it to it's best.

Anyway, I just noticed...

Shit. I took screenshots of the wrong skin. Here is actually what the new spider looks like
newtriteskin9au.png

click on these for a quick look at some more images.
1 ) http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/2905/shot005690tp.png

2) http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/499/shot005562yi.png

One of them shows the Ingram and another one shows an optional pistol skin I threw together. You just download it and throw it in the folder if you like it better than the other one I've done.

Ingram by Oneofthe8devilz from his multiplayer 'full metal jacket' mod. I ported it to singleplayer, included a red lazer, muzzleflash, tweaked it and balanced it to fit with the rest of the game, new tracer effect, bullet hitting metal damage effect, new blood effect, and improved the script by adding a realistic 'pull back' after putting a clip in, upgraded all the sounds using real recordings of an Ingram Mac-10, and placed it in a couple of the maps so it can be acquired.

6 days...

OK here is the awesome wraith. In case you can't use rapidshare to see this with the screenshot collection posted in my previous post,
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3114/shot001650iw.png

Have a good memorial day USA! Remember those who died! BBQ time

Back