Driver Woes: Saitek P3200 Rumble Pad and Windows 7

Kitfox

Spy
Reaction score
About an year and half ago I bought a Saitek Rumble Pad P3200 (SRP) so I could integrated into a Virtual reality project I was building for a course at my university (intro to VR lulz). Since then I hadn't really had any use for it until recently when I got an Eyefinity configuration and wanted to try out some racing and flight simulation games on Steam.

To my dismay the controller is widely unsupported. But it can be "tricked" into working by using XBox 360 Controller Emulation that can be readily found online. For the most part this works great for calibration etc except from one part Force Feedback(FF). I know for a fact that the SRP supports FF but for some strange all the games I run on it do not recognize this.

I am running Windows 7 x64. I figured it was a problem with the drivers and I downloaded Saiteks recommended P3200 driver for 64x system. I cannot install these drivers, during installation the driver software asks to plug in my saitek game pad when I do it cannot detect it although windows does.

I figured that the problem had something to do with the current windows drivers so I deleted them from the device manager and reinstalled them by pointing the driver path to the new saitek drivers. Unfortunately windows consistently figures it has the better drivers then the authentic ones and installs its own.

I am stuck I do not know how to get the Forcefeed back option to run. I tried asking this question on the Saitek forums but I can't create a thread without registering and registration has been disabled.

Can some one suggest some help? Google search for the most part have been dead ends.

Could you not copy and paste the driver files in to the directory which windows installs it's own drivers to, replacing them?

Also is windows 7 installing generic drivers or specific ones from the web? If it is the latter, install the pad with the internet unplugged.

Back