Driving in India

Unfocused

Companion Cube
Reaction score
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

At least it seems to work for them... oO

Watch the lower right corner (well, a bit above it actually) at 00:33 (33 seconds into the video, the timer in embedded videos is counting backwards). I LOLed at the person between the car and the motorbike :)

hehe, yeah when i stayed in Bangalore for several months, getting used to the traffic was pretty "fun", but it was truly interesting; playing real-life frogger when trying to cross the road ;)

The driving is like this in any third world country, it seems.

Yeah. I went to the Philippines when I was younger and it was all like that in the big cities. No crosswalks or street signs, no lane designations...everyone just knew intrinsically where to go and how to go. It was still pretty crazy to me though. Also there were no bus stops so the buses just dropped you off right in the middle of traffic on the street...you had to leap out the back and run to the sidewalk.

My dad used to say to me, "If you can cross a street here, you can cross the street anywhere."

Somebody here posted a video of a guy driving a scooter in hong kong or some place like that. That was freaking scary stuff.

Ahh, found it. It was in Taiwan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCxJMHdQgl4[/youtube]

Wow. That gives a whole new meaning to the term 'assertive driving'.

The second video makes me want a scooter. Weirdest part I found was that the pedestrians seemed so much more calm than normal...

Driving in India does suck...a LOT.

I went there in 4th grade with family. We took a bus (had to rent one ourselves) and drove from Bombay to Goa (and back a week later)... it's 360 miles....it took us 21 hours.

What's wrong with these people? That's just stupid...oh well not my problem if they want to die

That wasn't as bad as Cairo though. I went there in 2005 and it was really ridiculous. They don't even have to get a driver's license so anyone can just take a truck and join the other dipshits in the traffic trying to kill each other

I was stuck in a trafic jam while in India - 30 min and only 10m...

The traffic is insane - but it works I guess...

Back