Dub Fx

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwwIX

Tank
Reaction score
I guess some people don't appreciate true talent. No wonder that most of today's music is utter shit.

stupid generalization right here.

It's called observation. Not generalization.

Yeah, there's something very wrong with today's mainstream music when it is dominated by talentless hacks like Kanye "Auto-Tune" West and Lady "Madonna/Bjork Wannabe aka. What i lack in singing talent, i will make up in pretend to be art fartsy, bat shit crazy by wearing a phone on my head and other idiotic accessories" Gaga.
Like i said. Utter shit.

I Am sorry if i have interrupted your listening session of the latest Jonas Brothers song.

oh wow you got us there twixx, you tell it to the man with your observations of mainstream music yeah good one.

yeah, keep limiting your sorry, narrow-minded linear ass to comparing what the mainstream is or isn't and of course you're inevitably going to come up empty on much worthwhile (though that's obviously a matter of taste - no offense to big station radio/tv listeners, etc) YOU don't get to call the shots on what and what isn't talent anyway.

it's not an observation to say that ''most of todays music is shit'' - that IS a generalization because you have not heard ''most'' of ''todays music'' and you have proved that by coming out swinging on generic radio pop and that alone.

get the **** out of town with your smartass jonas brothers remarks and get a ****ing clue about what you're ranting about.

and stop ****ing capitalizing Am jesus christ what the **** is that even about.

Yeah, there's something very wrong with today's mainstream music when it is dominated by talentless hacks like Kanye "Auto-Tune" West and Lady "Madonna/Bjork Wannabe aka. What i lack in singing talent, i will make up in pretend to be art fartsy, bat shit crazy by wearing a phone on my head and other idiotic accessories" Gaga.
Like i said. Utter shit.
The majority of pop always has, and always will be sh*t simply because it is "popular music". By definition, it has to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Your failure to understand this despite having decades of music history to learn from makes you look rather bad, so stop now.

Today may not be the age of revolution, but the music scene is more varied than ever. Also, Dub FX is indeed badass.

it's not an observation to say that ''most of todays music is shit'' - that IS a generalization because you have not heard ''most'' of ''todays music'' and you have proved that by coming out swinging on generic radio pop and that alone.

I only used those "artists" as an example. There's plenty more where that came from.
Anyway. How would you know what the the extent of my music knowledge is?
Please. Do enlighten me, Professor X.

get the **** out of town with your smartass jonas brothers remarks and get a ****ing clue about what you're ranting about.

and stop ****ing capitalizing Am jesus christ what the **** is that even about.

Boy, i really must have struck a nerve there.
Don't be ashamed, little buddy. Just give into your yearnings.

I only used those "artists" as an example. There's plenty more where that came from.
Anyway. How would you know what the the extent of my music knowledge is?
Please. Do enlighten me, Professor X.

yeah there ARE plenty more artists out there - i think that is the point you are missing. you're so far gone getting angsty about the little bitty mainstream to give any attention to the rest of the world of music around you. you cannot say that todays music is shit because as i said, you probably haven't heard it. man, i feel you if you want to say kayne west and lady gaga is shit to you - go right ahead - but don't bring down ''today'' by claiming it has loads of shit music. you can probably find hundreds of artists similar to your beloved dub fx, where does that leave you then? still in a world of shit music, or just in a place you hadn't thought to look yet?

besides, at what point did i say i know the extent of your music knowledge? i called you out as narrow-minded as you come across it in this thread (and others, as i'm sure you'll know from past arguments), but for the most part i pretty much said... well, what you quoted, which has nothing to do with whatever that professor x bullshit is you're talking about now what is that even about also. i'm pretty confident i can say safely that i know for certain you haven't heard all the music in the world to judge it this or that - no one has. that's just... common sense.

Boy, i really must have struck a nerve there.
Don't be ashamed, little buddy. Just give into your yearnings.

i'll happily admit you've struck a nerve - i hate ignorant little dickheads such as yourself for claiming that music sucks just because there are certain little elements out there that get you all pissy in your pants. get over lady gaga and her telephone, forget kayne and autotune... go find something you can like forgodssake.

i'm pretty confident i can say safely that i know for certain you haven't heard all the music in the world to judge it this or that - no one has. that's just... common sense.

Where do you see me claiming that i have "heard all the music in the world"?
If i had, i wouldn't have posted the first sentence of the thread. Regardless, you still don't know jack shit what i listen to. So, please stop convincing yourself that you do. You may end up popping a vein or two and go into convulsions.

man, i feel you if you want to say kayne west and lady gaga is shit to you - go right ahead - but don't bring down ''today'' by claiming it has loads of shit music. you can probably find hundreds of artists similar to your beloved dub fx, where does that leave you then? still in a world of shit music, or just in a place you hadn't thought to look yet?

I Am referring to mainstream music. Or rather, well known music.
Yeah, most of it is shit these days. Not all of it but a big chunk of it is.

The majority of pop always has, and always will be sh*t simply because it is "popular music". By definition, it has to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Your failure to understand this despite having decades of music history to learn from makes you look rather bad, so stop now.

Oh, i understand perfectly. It's just that Popular Music or Pop Music is a lose term for me.
Micheal Jackson was labeled as the King of Pop for most of his career.
That still doesn't change the fact that the man had true talent and a wonderful voice.
Just because somebody becomes popular doesn't automatically make them shit.

i'll happily admit you've struck a nerve - i hate ignorant little dickheads such as yourself for claiming that music sucks just because there are certain little elements out there that get you all pissy in your pants. get over lady gaga and her telephone, forget kayne and autotune... go find something you can like forgodssake.

There you go again. Where have i said that all music sucks?
You are clearly delusional, man. Can you actually put a coherent sentence together without throwing a tantrum? Go out and get some fresh air, for god sake's. It might do you some good.

are you ****ing around with me, twwix, or are you really just plain dogshit stupid?

Where do you see me claiming that i have "heard all the music in the world"?
If i had, i wouldn't have posted the first sentence of the thread. Regardless, you still don't know jack shit what i listen to. So, please stop convincing yourself that you do. You may end up popping a vein or two and go into convulsions.

for you to say...

No wonder that most of today's music is utter shit.

... i am calling you out on a presumption that you THINK you know what most of todays music is. you are defending yourself by now saying that you haven't claimed to heard all of the music in the world AND THAT IS MY POINT. that is why you cannot make generalizations like ''today's music is utter shit'', you feeling me? it's simple specifics, is all. i don't like broad sweeping generalizations like that.

There you go again. Where have i said that music sucks?

No wonder that most of today's music is utter shit.

you are a ****ing joke, man.

If you don't like what music I like you must like shitty music. Duh guys.

no20u.jpg

... i am calling you out on a presumption that you THINK you know what most of todays music is.

Again, how do you know what i have or haven't listened to?
Please, tell me. Mister Mind Reader.

you are defending yourself by now saying that you haven't claimed to heard all of the music in the world AND THAT IS MY POINT. that is why you cannot make generalizations like ''today's music is utter shit'', you feeling me? it's simple specifics, is all. i don't like broad sweeping generalizations like that.

I said most. I never said all. Nor have i claimed to have heard "all the music in the world".
Those are presumptions that you are continuing to make. Or maybe you just simply can't comprehend that there's a difference between the words "most" and "all". I really don't know.

But here you go, little fella.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/most

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/all

you are a ****ing joke, man.
Those veins popping yet?

for ****s sake, stop pussyfooting this. most, all, everything... it doesn't matter, they are still collective words. you came out with a broad, sweeping generalization saying that ''most of today's music sucks''. you haven't heard MOST of today's music to say that because it would be ludicrous, impossible, ridiculous and downright strange and inhuman to of actually physically heard MOST of today's music. NO ONE has, i don't have to be professor x or mister mind reader to know that - it's ****ing fact. i'm making music right now in my small flat at university that you haven't heard yet, so are millions of other people, tribes folk across the world in the jungles making rhythms, dorky guitarists in garages playing weezer covers... ****, there's probably a band in the house next do to you making music you haven't heard yet.

it doesn't matter if you say most or all, they are still lumping together large amounts of ground. if most was, let's say 80% of the 100% of music in the world, that would mean you would of still had to have listened to a **** ton of music. it's probably likely, in some crazy world of accurate stats, that the average music listener hasn't even probably heard 1% of the music available to him or her. something like that.

i am not calling you out on physically what you have or haven't heard - i don't care what is in your CD collection and what isn't - i'm calling you out on that it's impossible for you to have actually listened to most to judge whether or not the music of today does infact suck. it's just a preposterous statement to make. if it makes you feel any better, i myself haven't heard everything to judge it bad, neither has the next guy, or the next. no one has. i like to think of music as ''i'll keep my options open - there will be stuff i don't like, but i know i can find something i will like'' instead of ''yeah i know of some bad artists music sucks right now bah angst hurf''

it comes across very strange when people say ''oh well most of today's music sucks'' because it is impossible to lump together what ''most'' is. music isn't just something in a jar that you can take a look at and say oh yeah this is rubbish it's all stale, it's so much more than that. it's like ten thousand bazillion jars labeled music, you are just looking into the one called mainstream and ignoring the others. that's just so weird to me.

that is such a stupid analogy for me to make, believe me i know, but whatever. i just don't think you're getting what i'm saying or are defiant to back down and admit that what you said was pretty silly.

edit: look, this is going nowhere. if you want to believe that ''most'' music sucks because you've heard a few mainstream pop hit wonders then fine, whatever. i think that's a ****ing horrible outlook on music myself, but i obviously can't change that if you really want to believe that most music are these radio and television singers. that's complete bullshit and you know it but whatever.

Is there a point in giving both of you guys an infraction for trolling? Jesus christ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back