Dungeon Defenders: How da heck u play this game?

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
So due to it's popularity, I bought Dungeon Defenders when it was 3 bucks or whatever last week. I was pretty eager because it sounds like people really love this game or whateva. I also heard it's very simple, which interested me since I only have time for casual stuff at the moment.

I get in the game, there is no tutorial, the UI is confusing as f*ckkkkkkkkk, then I finally get into a game and there is just shit everywhere, and all these little menus popping up that I hardly have time to read. Am I the only one who thinks this game is just a massive, confusing eye sore? I tried to play again, and after finally getting into a "regular" game it was just so goddamn confusing, I gave up and left.

Already have it and love it. Just wish it have Multiplayer and leveling.

I looked up dungeon defenders after really getting into Orcs Must Die, but it just looks like a giant cluster****. I prefer the simplicity of OMD.

I uh, downloaded the demo and there was a tutorial. Try going through single player.

Edit: Oh, and don't play the wizard. It'll recommend him but he's ****ing stupid and boring.

Awful console port, don't even bother with it.

I especially liked the narrator telling me to press the X button, right bumper, etc. :3

It's great fun with 4 people if you have the controllers and a projector for split-screen.

It's great fun with 4 people if you have the controllers and a projector for split-screen.

While I haven't played it locally on the same comp, I played with 2-3 other friends for 30+ hours and had a ton of fun.

I can see it being pretty difficult to just jump into, but the game is designed for coop. It's a lot harder to play by yourself when you first start (depending on your class).

I'd be down to get a game together sometime soon if you guys want. I could start a new character so I don't completely throw off the balance.

I felt just like ZT when I started. If you guys are up for trying the co-op mode, I'd love a chance to get into this game.

Co op is definitely where it's at. First run through we went as Monk and Wizard which worked out really well. The ranger and knight play a lot differently and has been a lot harder so far.

So due to it's popularity, I bought Dungeon Defenders when it was 3 bucks or whatever last week. I was pretty eager because it sounds like people really love this game or whateva. I also heard it's very simple, which interested me since I only have time for casual stuff at the moment.

I get in the game, there is no tutorial, the UI is confusing as f*ckkkkkkkkk, then I finally get into a game and there is just shit everywhere, and all these little menus popping up that I hardly have time to read. Am I the only one who thinks this game is just a massive, confusing eye sore? I tried to play again, and after finally getting into a "regular" game it was just so goddamn confusing, I gave up and left.

There is a tutorial, you have to play a local network game, and a prompt will ask you if you want to play the tutorial

Dungeon defender is best played less than casually.

Bought this game during sale, have over 200 hours.

Dungeon Defenders is amazing. Orcs Must Die! is also great, but it's not the same.

So any chance of finding a small group of HL2.netters to play this game with? I feel like I could really get into this but none of my friends play it and it's exactly the kind of game I'll hate after playing with stupid randoms.

Back