Duty Calls "demo"

peterson12

Reaction score
Duty Calls is a little mini free game from the makers of the upcoming game Bulletstorm

http://www.thedutycalls.com/

It's about five minutes long and it's mainly played for laughs and taking the mick out of the call of duty games

It's real? When I saw the video of this I assumed it was fake, LOL.

I had no idea it was by the guys behind Bulletstorm. Downloading now.

Not worth the download. If it was actually a good parody, or had any bit of note-worthy gameplay or was ANYTHING but a simple-minded knuckle-dragging jab at Call of Duty, it might be worth the bandwidth.

Ironically, it's probably a good indication of the level of "consolization" to expect from Bulletstorm. (press space to begin game, essentially no settings, etc). Something seems pathetic about failing to successfully satirize something so worthy of being taken down a notch. It's just as tacky, if not more so, than the source material it attempts to belittle.

What a ****ing awful attempt at humor and marketing.

Not worth the download. If it was actually a good parody, or had any bit of note-worthy gameplay or was ANYTHING but a simple-minded knuckle-dragging jab at Call of Duty, it might be worth the bandwidth.

Ironically, it's probably a good indication of the level of "consolization" to expect from Bulletstorm. (press space to begin game, essentially no settings, etc). Something seems pathetic about failing to successfully satirize something so worthy of being taken down a notch. It's just as tacky, if not more so, than the source material it attempts to belittle.

What a ****ing awful attempt at humor and marketing.

No. Your opinion is wrong.

I don't think Unfocused is being serious. Bulletstorm is ultimately going to be as forgettable and boring as COD, but atleast it won't take itself so seriously on the way.

I got a wry, deliberately contrarian sarcasm vibe too. I must seem too serious all the time... need to unwind a bit... ****!

I DON'T THINK YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW SERIOUS VIDEO GAMES ARRRRRRRRE

Really ham fisted parody of the Call of Duty series. Oddly enough I think it would be funny only to the same type of gamers :/

While I appreciate the sentiment, I can't really say I hold Bulletstorm in higher regard than COD. I mean, COD targets the lowest common denominator consumer, but doesn't really shun less terrible people from it in the same way Bulletstorm does.

Bulletstorm really doesn't interest me at all. I might get it on the cheap but it looks like it'll get old quick. I dunno.

Liked Painkiller. Will probably like Bulletstorm as well.

The demo for Bulletstorm is pretty fun, but not sure it would really be worth a buy. Rental at best imo.

Back