dvd rom drives

Ridic

Tank
Reaction score
Im going to start ordering my new computer parts soon, and i currently have the Artec 16x dvd rom drive selected (48x cd speed) which is really good, but i have never heard of that company/brand, so i was wondering if anyone knows where i could find a new Lite on 16x dvd rom drive , 48x cd speed (black) iv looked around, and the few sites i looked at said it was sold out :(

o ill just post a picture of the case im getting because its so leet :D
DRG-C-B-AL-c.jpg

uh, oh spagettios, can you give me a ling to the antec version if the case? i think iv seen it before...i dont want a poor made case. :0

Sure thing, what kinda CPU you going to have running in this thing? http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=11-129-124

Theres the closest one I can find for it. The cheiftec cases arent poorly made themselves, its the components inside like the power supply. If the case doesnt have the power supply included Id say go for it if this one doesnt appeal to you.

If your getting a current CPU (2.6-and up) you should get a power supply thats 400 watt or higher.

ok, didnt know what you meant. im getting a sperate Antec 430W true psu. ill get the chieftec without the psu like i had originally planned. :D

Ahh, Nice :) Sorry for the confusion. What CPU are you getting in it?

im getting abit kd7 mobo(kt400) and a athlon xp 2800+ 333fsb , 1024 ddr pc2700. i havnt decided between a 9800 pro or a 5900 ultra though.

iv heard from the overclockers forum that tomshardware is not a "reliable" site concerning nvidia vs. ati video cards there are many reviews out there read them all look at more than 5 reviwes ATLEAST.

People have been questioning his credibility for years now. Again they provide no proof. Hes unbiased, and youll see that he favors noone if you have a card that he benches.

well the problem with these benchmarks is that they show only fps(besides the settings) but most games out right now get over 100fps with high detail at 1024x768. and when you have 2 cards that score higher than 100fps in high detail at that res, you no longer want benchmarks.....you want a better image quality. thats why i think im going to get a 9800 pro. with an Athlon 2800+, a radeon 9800 pro, and 1024 ddr ram, i say as a estimate i will get 75-100+ fps on HL2, yet with better image quality.

It wouldnt be my choice but to each his own. I hope it makes you happy man! Good luck with the case and everything.

Back