Dystopia and Eternal Silence Now on Steam

AciD

Reaction score
Next batch of mods is now available to download from Steam.
Dystopia is a total conversion of the Source Engine, continously under development by Team Dystopia, which places the player into tense combat situations in a high-tech world spanned by computer networks. As either the Punk Mercenaries, or the Corporate Security Forces, the player will fight through the physical world to gain access, via jack-in terminals, to cyberspace.
To install Dystopia click here.
Eternal Silence is a science fiction mod that pits two capital ships against each other in a seamless blend of space warfare and tactical infantry combat. Pilots coordinate strikes with invading infantry in order to take down the behemoth capital ships from both the inside and out.
[br]To install Eternal Silence click here.
[br]Have fun!

Finally, it's taken long enough to be steamed!

Hell yes. I was just wondering when they were going to be released.

awesome, glad to see these mods going on steam and maturing :)

Brilliant mods, both of them. They've grown a lot since their infancy and are each worth a (re)download.

They totally deserve to be on Steam. These two are the best examples of excellence of modding community. I haven't played Dystopia for some time now, so I'm installing the new version soon. It's so awesome you don't have to worry about installing updates on Steam! ;)

Why isn't there a Steam news announcement, and why isn't it showing up on my "not installed". Is Valve on vacation or something???

They stopped adding mods to the "not installed" list because people had a problem with their list of games being crowded. :hmph: Too bad... it was the only way mods actually had a chance at a good player base.

It's even difficult to search for a mod you know the name of.. you must go to search screen and check "mods" before any mods show up.

I hope they do an announcement. :(

Installing both, its been a while since I've tried them hopefully there will be more players/servers out there.

yeh I agree that is a bit sad, but an announcement could help alot. The first mods release helped the mods hugely, I hope valve considers continuing all the support. Even if they made a seperate tab for mods, I would rather that then them not showing up.

Just played a bit of ES...the ship combat is awesome, fun, and extremely satisfying whenever you manage to get a kill.

The infantry is pretty good too, but not perfect. With regards to accuracy, damage, etc. sometimes it feels like you're playing Counter-strike and other times like you're in TF2.

I just started Steam up and I got an announcement for the release of these two games. Good to see Valve publicizing them.

Don't know about these two, but Goldeneye is pretty fun (and have some good music).

Dystopia doesn't feel like it's changed much since I last played it: Decent concept, shit levels that go nowhere, finicky gunplay.

Hopefully ES is better.

Back